a-kem automotive

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I drove the Scooby from the paiters (AG Automotive) straight to @big_pete for it to be ceramic coated. Both the painter and Pete said it would be fine as the paint had been baked etc. Was done about 5 years ago now and it's still perfect.

From what Pete has said before, the GTechniq coatings allow fresh paint to 'breath'

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
From what Pete has said before, the GTechniq coatings allow fresh paint to 'breath'

Could very well be right @Gareth. I just know than a hour after picking the car up in Portstewart it was at Petes place in Belfast and I didn't see it for another week.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Had a motor sit up outside for the last 14 months, so as you'd expect there was a lot of grime and dirt all over it. Car has 156k on it too, so nice and swirly underneath the crap lol.

Before a wash.

PXL_20210423_172920751.jpg PXL_20210423_165242497.jpg PXL_20210423_165159085.jpg

Gave the car a dose of Articulate, then ultrafoam, rinse off. Another dose of articulate, cleanse on top, ultrafoam, was with gleam and rinse off. Some cleanse doing its wonder work (really impressed the more I use this, just strips the crap clean off)

PXL_20210423_180637537.MP.jpg PXL_20210423_174443165.jpg

And then after with 1 squirt of Hybrid.

PXL_20210507_180336837~2.jpg PXL_20210507_180315673~2.jpg PXL_20210507_180326254~2.jpg

Can't believe how much the metallic has come through with just one quick go with Hybrid. Paint looks as if it's done half the mileage now! Typical the birds have pissed and shat over it already as you can see lol.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp I just ordered Kit 3, I'll try and get out tomorrow to pick up.

Looking forward to trying the tar remover on the wife's jeep.
No sweat man, thank you.
Give me a call about an hour before you arrive!
@DaddyC - that’s an unreal turnaround.
Funny, I did something similar for a friend of mine last week.

his elderly mother fell and she’s unlikely to ever drive again 😕

he took it back and is going to use it as a wee runaround but was covered in 18 months worth of dirt, bird crap and moss around all the rubbers.

I gave it a proper clean for him and finished with a coat of hybrid and it left my place looking like a new penny.

he’s over the moon and I felt great doing a good deed and helping a friend out

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I gave my car it’s first interior clean of the year yesterday. Found a couple of old tins of Cumulus (I see it’s not on your website anymore so I assume it’s an antique!). I was going to order Trim, but this worked the very best so will get it used up first.

0A162D10-2B47-424A-93B1-FBFDDC507A3C.jpeg

I assume a detailing brush is the best job for cleaning inside air vents?

Also, I watched your video on the leather cleaner and was very impressed! Will definitely be ordering it when released as the stuff I have is 2 stage clean and condition.

Finally, do you have anything for cleaning carpet mats? I had a look on your website but couldn’t see anything specifically for carpet anyway.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Solapower is great for carpets, upholstery, etc.

Spray on, work through with an upholstery brush. Don't be afraid of getting into it with the brush. Then vacuum.

Leave to dry, or dry with a hair dryer.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Cheers.

will add it to the basket along with Tarminator when the leather stuff arrives.

@Big Pimp you still need to tell me how much that 2.5L of Purge was too!

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Leather cleaner looks class tbh

But does it like strip the leather? Do you need to like apply anything after?

Just curious
L

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Cheers.

will add it to the basket along with Tarminator when the leather stuff arrives.

@Big Pimp you still need to tell me how much that 2.5L of Purge was too!
No worries man, we will get it sorted!
@Lyons wheres the leather cleaner video?

Don't have Facebook. Will it be available on website?

I shared some posts over the weekend on Instagram and Facebook of the final stage testing (basically pre launch) of my new leather cleaner to build up a bit of excitement.

It's a brilliant cleaner which removes years of crap - heavy soiling included - and leaves the leather soft and supple. I also used it on one of the sofas in the house to show how versatile it will be .

When it's live I will of course add it on here first.

Thinking of the name 'Rawhide' for it!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Did you decide against resurrecting Ultrasheen in the end? I'm almost out and can't see it on the website.

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
Went into the shed there and was hit with the smell of tarmintor. Discovered the bottle had split on the bottom and leaving all my stuff on my anachem shelf in a puddle of tarmintor. Will I need to decant the stuff into new bottles incase it eats away at the plastic bottles @Big Pimp ?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Should be fine after just a wee splash like that. Scrub the bottles with washing up liquid and hot water and wipe them down. Same with the shelves, a good scrub and wipe.

Was it an old bottle? Have a bottle here that's over a year old and it's fine.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
@Big Pimp whats best for removing green algae type stuff from window rubbers and along roof trim gutters, it’s not moss just like a green grime. Would articulate be the job? And does it need agitated I awkward areas with say a brush and powerhose off? My old workhorse needs a proper going over, gets washed about once a month if it’s lucky.

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
Should be fine after just a wee splash like that. Scrub the bottles with washing up liquid and hot water and wipe them down. Same with the shelves, a good scrub and wipe.

Was it an old bottle? Have a bottle here that's over a year old and it's fine.

Yeah thats what I was planning on doing. Yeah it was a older bottle maybe nearly 2 year old id say? Same type of bottle purge comes in translucent type. Don't know what happened tbh I'm thinking maybe the heat got to it as its a steel shed

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
@Big Pimp whats best for removing green algae type stuff from window rubbers and along roof trim gutters, it’s not moss just like a green grime. Would articulate be the job? And does it need agitated I awkward areas with say a brush and powerhose off? My old workhorse needs a proper going over, gets washed about once a month if it’s lucky.
I've found Citraclean to be very effective. I've gotten into a habit every couple of washes to spray Citraclean in these areas then snow foam and hit with a hogs hair brush before rinse. Results have been good