a-kem automotive

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yeah thats what I was planning on doing. Yeah it was a older bottle maybe nearly 2 year old id say? Same type of bottle purge comes in translucent type. Don't know what happened tbh I'm thinking maybe the heat got to it as its a steel shed
To be honest, at that age it could be anything. Sun/heat or cold making it brittle, or just age deterioration.

The one I have is in a clear bottle, like Trim/Hybrid/etc.

I know Ross has been changing bottles for better ones over time.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Went into the shed there and was hit with the smell of tarmintor. Discovered the bottle had split on the bottom and leaving all my stuff on my anachem shelf in a puddle of tarmintor. Will I need to decant the stuff into new bottles incase it eats away at the plastic bottles @Big Pimp ?
You shouldn’t need to mate. Can you upload a pic of the bottle?
@Big Pimp whats best for removing green algae type stuff from window rubbers and along roof trim gutters, it’s not moss just like a green grime. Would articulate be the job? And does it need agitated I awkward areas with say a brush and powerhose off? My old workhorse needs a proper going over, gets washed about once a month if it’s lucky.
CitraClean will be absolutely perfect for this task. Mix at 30:1 spray on, agitate with soft brush and rinse off.
Yeah thats what I was planning on doing. Yeah it was a older bottle maybe nearly 2 year old id say? Same type of bottle purge comes in translucent type. Don't know what happened tbh I'm thinking maybe the heat got to it as its a steel shed
If it is the older 1lt bottle (being transliscent it sounds like it) at a guess I’d say it’s at least 3/4 years old as I haven’t used those flourinated bottles for a lifetime. I changed everything to the 500ml PET bottles as they’re much more chemical resistant (although strangely not to Lazer - for that I’ve gone back to flourinated translucent bottles!)

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan

CitraClean will be absolutely perfect for this task. Mix at 30:1 spray on, agitate with soft brush and rinse off.

If it is the older 1lt bottle (being transliscent it sounds like it) at a guess I’d say it’s at least 3/4 years old as I haven’t used those flourinated bottles for a lifetime. I changed everything to the 500ml PET bottles as they’re much more chemical resistant (although strangely not to Lazer - for that I’ve gone back to flourinated translucent bottles!)

I've already threw out the bottle and bins been lifted sorry, but I still have a purge bottle from the same era thats the excat same type of bottle and spray head. I've attached a pic to show the type I'm on about.

I've already gave all a rinse down with some fairy liquid as suggested earlier but might hit it again citraclean if I remember

Attachments

• 20210511_004428.jpg
    20210511_004428.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 43

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Tarminator is a solvent, the shelf and bottles will stink for a while whatever you do until the last of it has evaporated. The cleaning just gets the bulk of it off.

Never tried citraclean for removing solvent, let us know how you get on (y)

AndyMc

RMS Regular
Drives
C350

Took my laser out of my bike cleaning box the other day and blamed her for having used loads of it. Turns out it was all over the bottom of said box lol.

Need to place an order with you anyway, any idea when the matt tyre dressing will be in?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Sorry I haven't been able to get out to collect my order - I'll be out this weekend.
No worries mate. It’s here for you anyway
Took my laser out of my bike cleaning box the other day and blamed her for having used loads of it. Turns out it was all over the bottom of said box lol.

Need to place an order with you anyway, any idea when the matt tyre dressing will be in?
I’m expecting it early next week. Add a note into your order and I’ll replace the laser foc

davyk31

RMS Regular
Is it Solapower for cleaning fabric seats that need a wee tidy up? Spray on, does it need worked with a brush? I have a wet&dry vac so do I use it to draw out the water from the washed seats? It’s not an overly powerful vac but should do the job.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I used Solapower on the red recaros on my dc5. Good liberal spray and worked in with a foam sponge (I didn't have a soft brush at the time), wiped down with a microfiber and left the windows open for the seats to dry. They really brought them up. I really wished I took before and after shots.

davyk31

RMS Regular
What else can Solapower be used for? This is pretty much a one off seat clean so won’t use a lot of the bottle on that.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Solapower is an all purpose cleaner it’s very good for pvc, tiles, floors etc. I use it to wipe down my kitchen worktops and to clean the floors window sills stuff like that. It leaves surfaces looking shiny.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
What else can Solapower be used for? This is pretty much a one off seat clean so won’t use a lot of the bottle on that.
Anything round the house. Mopping floors, cleaning upholstery, bathroom, whatever. Great in a carpet cleaner as well if you use one of them for floor carpets.

For car seats, as above. Just spray on, use a brush to work dirt out and off, then vacuum. A normal vacuum will do fine, wet vac fine too.

Then leave to dry, or use a hair dryer.

Any brush will do. Upholstery brush is handy, Ross has one on the site. Or use a dish brush or whatever. Don't be afraid of getting in there with the brush.

As ever, try a small inconspicuous area first just in case.

Same method works on alcantara too, but for that use a soft brush, like a soft upholstery brush or a (clean...) shoe brush. And be gentle with the brushing, just to dislodge and brush off dirt.

With alcantara using a hair dryer on low heat while brushing gently to dry brings it up a treat.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp what's the latest on foam cannon stock? Are they going to be available anytime soon?
Yep, a complete fuçking handling to be blunt. Because I have approx 10 pallets coming in from different suppliers in Korea and China it’s turned into a mess because of the old brexit chestnut as well as the India COVID situation and a few other things.

im trying to get it all routed into belfast as opposed to the original england destination but it’s being hassle I don’t need.
As mentioned, Sola is a great all purpose cleaner with optical enhancers which is why it’s so good on seats. It can be used on all surfaces as a spray and wipe cleaner like pedals, foot wells etc.
Have you any kind of bird poo remover @Big Pimp saving me to have to wash the car every day 😂
Normally hybrid and a bit of tissue paper is my go to.

wipes contain cleaners which work but I’ve found QD every bit as effective and safer