a-kem automotive

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Do you have any chemicals for hottubs, I'm looking for a flush to clean it out, it seems to be biofilm build up on a new tub from reading online.
I have tried to order a few on amazon but they won't post to NI 🤦
23589941-D6C5-472F-8456-BB220432F8BB.jpeg

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Do you have any chemicals for hottubs, I'm looking for a flush to clean it out, it seems to be biofilm build up on a new tub from reading online.
I don’t mate but if you can catch him in between tanning sessions and teeth whitening aul @j16jrf would be able to help with that

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
@Big Pimp can you get or are you expecting any of AVA evolution series washers in? I'm particularly interested in the Evolution P80 though the Evolution P60 may also do the job.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp can you get or are you expecting any of AVA evolution series washers in? I'm particularly interested in the Evolution P80 though the Evolution P60 may also do the job.
Yep paddy. I’ve normal p40s p60s and p80s coming in as well as the evolution models although I’m not sure on UK launch of the P80 just yet

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Yep paddy. I’ve normal p40s p60s and p80s coming in as well as the evolution models although I’m not sure on UK launch of the P80 just yet

The Evolution P80 has a nice few wee upgrades/developments over the standard/original model so I may hold out for it. Though in all honesty the Evolution P60 will do the job rightly for me but you always want the best dont you?!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Having used the P60 and P80 side by side unless you have very high water flow I don’t know if you really notice the difference. It’s all subjective of course but the other benefits of the AVA range over rivals makes them a no brainier.

@svensktoppen - I have a self priming hose coming for your P40 but they have suggested using a short length of hose, keep it coiled and submerge so it fills with water. Plug one end into the hose and the other end into your 25lt drum and that should let the water flow

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
@VinR I used a light bleach solution to disinfect the hot tub then rinsed it down with water and then foamed it with Ross's ultrafoam lol Left it to dwell for 10 mins.

Did a great job. Smelt great too.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
@Big Pimp I caved to pressure and ordered the new foam cannon :p

UltraGloss - High Gloss spray wax
Purge - Reactive Wheel Cleaner & Iron Fallout remover
Foam Cannon V2 - and still with 2lt UltraFoam Free
1/4" male fitting

At least ill have a designated foam cannon now to apply articulate as a pre cleanse.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I know, same old answer, lol, but since it's "organic" stuff have a go with Lazer, a brush, and hot water.

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
I know, same old answer, lol, but since it's "organic" stuff have a go with Lazer, a brush, and hot water.

It's not visible, the water looks clear.

It is using a lot of chlorine and from reading up, hottubs are wet tested in the factory and could be then sitting for months allowing bacteria to form, the bacteria is then eating away at the chlorine.
And because its brand new and under warranty I don't really want to throw bleach into it.

I have ordered a biofilm flush on ebay and now waiting to see if they will actually post or reject because they won't post to NI.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
It's not visible, the water looks clear.

It is using a lot of chlorine and from reading up, hottubs are wet tested in the factory and could be then sitting for months allowing bacteria to form, the bacteria is then eating away at the chlorine.
And because its brand new and under warranty I don't really want to throw bleach into it.

I have ordered a biofilm flush on ebay and now waiting to see if they will actually post or reject because they won't post to NI.

Give the Hot Tub Centre a ring when you need anything. They’re based in Moneyreagh, and their chemicals/flushes/additives/cleaners etc are very good.

That said, I usually drain our tub every month and give it a good going over with Anachem Laser diluted with warm water in a spray bottle and a micro fibre, and that lifts any residue that’s left after draining. Laser FG might prove more effective, though Ross could confirm.

Once the tub settles after the first fill, all of the levels should be easily maintained. I just set up our new tub last week and it was perfect on the test strips after just a few days.

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Order was cancelled,
Give the Hot Tub Centre a ring when you need anything. They’re based in Moneyreagh, and their chemicals/flushes/additives/cleaners etc are very good.

That said, I usually drain our tub every month and give it a good going over with Anachem Laser diluted with warm water in a spray bottle and a micro fibre, and that lifts any residue that’s left after draining. Laser FG might prove more effective, though Ross could confirm.

Once the tub settles after the first fill, all of the levels should be easily maintained. I just set up our new tub last week and it was perfect on the test strips after just a few days.

Thanks for that, I'll get on to moneyreagh, it's my in laws so I want to get the right stuff. FIL would probably throw the full bottle of Lazer in neat.

The flush they sell is probably just a Lazer type degreaser watered down and more expensive.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Fully out of the loop yet again. @Big Pimp have you developed anything along the lines of Gyeon Wetcoat? Is that what Hybrid is similar to?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Fully out of the loop yet again. @Big Pimp have you developed anything along the lines of Gyeon Wetcoat? Is that what Hybrid is similar to?
Yes mate. This new product I have pretty much finalised is like wet coat / gTechniq easy coat.

Where wet coat is a spray on full strength and rinse off and easy coat is spray on using their hose connector and rinse off (clearly more concentrated than gyeon product) mine is the same using the same sprayer.

I actually like where gyeon describe it as 12 washes as opposed to 3 months.

Hybrid is different.

All these super hydrophobic sprays are brilliant at what they do but aren’t extremely glossy. Hybrid is

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
Yes mate. This new product I have pretty much finalised is like wet coat / gTechniq easy coat.

Where wet coat is a spray on full strength and rinse off and easy coat is spray on using their hose connector and rinse off (clearly more concentrated than gyeon product) mine is the same using the same sprayer.

I actually like where gyeon describe it as 12 washes as opposed to 3 months.

Hybrid is different.

All these super hydrophobic sprays are brilliant at what they do but aren’t extremely glossy. Hybrid is
When do you hope to have it on the website?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Anyone have any tips for removing sticker glue from interior plastic panels? Normally I would reach for a solvent like Tarminator and some sort of scraper. But a scraper is obviously not an option on interior plastics, and not sure if a solvent would melt the plastic? It's in a visible place too, just below the window on the driver's door card. It's one of those "soft" textured plastics...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Tried Lazer and Solapower but they won't shift it.

IPA is a good call, I'll try that next. And a microfibre for rubbing, kitchen roll just falls apart and leaves a mess.