a-kem automotive

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
When do you hope to have it on the website?
When I’m happy to release it mate.

I wouldn’t put it out until I’m happy with it.
Anyone have any tips for removing sticker glue from interior plastic panels? Normally I would reach for a solvent like Tarminator and some sort of scraper. But a scraper is obviously not an option on interior plastics, and not sure if a solvent would melt the plastic? It's in a visible place too, just below the window on the driver's door card. It's one of those "soft" textured plastics...
No Tarminator inside mate. Solvents will warp them.

I’d personally try a steamer. IPA will dry out plastics too.

Try a drop of acetone (nail varnish remover) in an inconspicuous area and that may do it for you.

But soft plastics need a lot of care taken
Get your mind out of the gutter!!!!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, think IPA might be risky too, have had that "bleach" interior plastics before...

Maybe best to leave it, or maybe gentle rubbing with a cloth, and it will wear off eventually. It's old plastic too.

My Mrs. uses Ross’s antibac stuff to remove sticky residue 👍🏻
That's basically alcohol too isn't it?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Tried Lazer and Solapower but they won't shift it.

IPA is a good call, I'll try that next. And a microfibre for rubbing, kitchen roll just falls apart and leaves a mess.
Ipa or panel wipe is good shout. Was suggested to me for removing sticker glue from polycarbonate windows and worked a treat.

Edit: as said tho can whiten some interior plastics.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
When I’m happy to release it mate.

I wouldn’t put it out until I’m happy with it.

No Tarminator inside mate. Solvents will warp them.

I’d personally try a steamer. IPA will dry out plastics too.

Try a drop of acetone (nail varnish remover) in an inconspicuous area and that may do it for you.

But soft plastics need a lot of care taken

Get your mind out of the gutter!!!!

There is acetone (nail varnish remover from them chemist) then there is your acetone at full strength 😂

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Ross @Big Pimp, when are the di vessels coming in again? Is there an idiots guide to them in here somewhere? How long ( say number of washes) roughly do they last (if just using to rinse) on average?

I would only bother with one if it was highly likely you never needed to dry the car manually?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
@gixermark - rule of thumb to change is when you start seeing "spotting" on the car from the water. This will tell you that the ppm has increased and resin needs changing.

To stay on top of it though, you can buy a tester for £5 on ebay (which I have) and you can test your water weekly/fortnightly whatever) to stay on top of ppm and to avoid spotting on the car

Cheaper than the one I bought and looks identical

Amazon product ASIN B096ZV22V2

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
@gixermark - rule of thumb to change is when you start seeing "spotting" on the car from the water. This will tell you that the ppm has increased and resin needs changing.

To stay on top of it though, you can buy a tester for £5 on ebay (which I have) and you can test your water weekly/fortnightly whatever) to stay on top of ppm and to avoid spotting on the car

Cheaper than the one I bought and looks identical

Amazon product ASIN B096ZV22V2

What reading do you accept? My tap water is approx 50PPM, the water from the vessel is 0PPM but do you change it as soon as you see any increase?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Usually once you start seeing the spotting/staining but ideally try catch that before hand - my water is around 115ppm so i would like to make a note next time i start to see spotting so i can predict when it needs changing

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I think just looking at the result will tell you. If you start seeing water spots then it's past your tolerance level. If you measure at that point then you know what to look for next time.

Everyone will have different tolerance levels for this I suspect. And you don't want to change too often either, they're not cheap enough for that are they?

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Anyone have any tips for removing sticker glue from interior plastic panels? Normally I would reach for a solvent like Tarminator and some sort of scraper. But a scraper is obviously not an option on interior plastics, and not sure if a solvent would melt the plastic? It's in a visible place too, just below the window on the driver's door card. It's one of those "soft" textured plastics...
Used this in the past with good results. Halfords stock it aswell afaik

81l2fnoz1qL._AC_SS450_.jpg

Jmax

RMS Regular
Tried to place an order for the Foam Cannon today and also tried to use the discount code RMS10 and it wouldn't work @Big Pimp is this a fault or is it not applicable for the foam cannon?

Oh and also, if I order it with the Nilfisk/Kew/Alto connection does it also come with the 1/4"?

Cheers

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Tried to place an order for the Foam Cannon today and also tried to use the discount code RMS10 and it wouldn't work @Big Pimp is this a fault or is it not applicable for the foam cannon?

Oh and also, if I order it with the Nilfisk/Kew/Alto connection does it also come with the 1/4"?

Cheers
The code doesn’t work for certain items, wheel wollies is one, can’t remember if the foam cannon was another when I bought it.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late

Cheers
yep, some items aren't applicable for discounts - foam cannons where I give 2lt of foam for free is one of them
The code doesn’t work for certain items, wheel wollies is one, can’t remember if the foam cannon was another when I bought it.
wheel woolies is another, and things like the AVA washers too
Didn't work for me on rawhide either.
I have that changed to make sure its included

Its quite awkward adding a product into the discounts, or rather remembering to add them in, but anything which should be discounted and I haven't I'll look after you guys