a-kem automotive

davyk31

RMS Regular
How often should Citraclean be used for that purpose?

And whilst on the topic, how often should Purge be used to decontaminate the body?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Quick question on Citraclean for reinvigorating a ceramic coating.
Dilution is on the bottle, forget off the top of my head. Definitely a pump sprayer to cover the whole car.

For reinvigorating ceramic it's the very last thing you do. So do the whole cleaning routine as usual (except Ultragloss). Then spray citraclean on the wet car and rinse off pretty much straight away. You don't want it sitting drying out. Rinse well and don't mix it too "strong" or it can "stick". If it does, or it dries, then a quick wash will have any excess off.

Amazing on "proper" ceramic coating. No idea if it works the same with diy/spray-on coatings.

Every few months is more than plenty. It won't do any harm doing it more often, just the effect is less.

Finish off with Hybrid once the car has dried.

Good luck,
"Ross"

davyk31

RMS Regular
@Big Pimp are you getting stock of the 2.5 litre of Purge again. Need to top up having used all mine and a 750ml bottle doesn’t last long.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
@Big Pimp are you getting stock of the 2.5 litre of Purge again. Need to top up having used all mine and a 750ml bottle doesn’t last long.

Are you using purge solely when cleaning wheels? As in every time you wash you use it?

Maybe try cleanse as purge is very expensive as an every wash use product as Ross has said before.

It's a fallout remover more so than a wheel cleaner, cleanse is fantastic for all but the most extreme of brake dust

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Yes mate. I thought I had extra stock of it packed away but one of my distributors got 4 boxes of it and I hadn’t marked it out of stock. Should be in middle of next week

Ciaran

RMS Regular
Drives
i3 REX
Morning Ross
I don't suppose the drying towel is back in? The fecking dog has taken my current one and used it as bed on the grass and it's wrecked :rolleyes:

davyk31

RMS Regular
Are you using purge solely when cleaning wheels? As in every time you wash you use it?

Maybe try cleanse as purge is very expensive as an every wash use product as Ross has said before.

It's a fallout remover more so than a wheel cleaner, cleanse is fantastic for all but the most extreme of brake dust

No I don’t use it for the wheels as I use Cleanse. I’m using it for fallout remover on the body and just finished my last bottle last weekend. I wanted to stock up again and given I have 4 cars I could go through a bit.

Maybe I’m also using too much. How much should it take for an average size car?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Morning Ross
I don't suppose the drying towel is back in? The fecking dog has taken my current one and used it as bed on the grass and it's wrecked :rolleyes:
Due in tomorrow mate

Sure the pup is worth it lol
No I don’t use it for the wheels as I use Cleanse. I’m using it for fallout remover on the body and just finished my last bottle last weekend. I wanted to stock up again and given I have 4 cars I could go through a bit.

I’d go through at least 1/2 bottle on a normal size car

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796

That explains it then 🤣 I'd went through a bottle or two just on wheels before then Ross steered me in the right direction re it being better for occasional use rather than weekly/washly

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Personally, these days, I never use purge for anything other than wheels with a lot of really bad brake dust.

As for "fallout", if I wash the car normally and then apply purge at the end there is never anything left for it to do. So the normal wash gets everything off. Don't see any need for it, certainly not for regular use.

Occasional use of Tarminator at the end if there are stubborn rubber or tar spots left but that's about it. That too is only occasional when needed.

But that's just me, each to their own and all that :cool:

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I don't use purge on every wash either, usually once every few washes for me. Cleanse is by far the best wheel cleaner I have used.

I do need to get some Tar Remover though. Not sure what to go for.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Don't get me wrong, Purge is a great product. It's just the "normal" products do such a great job it's very rarely needed.

Tarminator is great if you have stubborn tar or rubber spots left. It's basically solvent. Just spray on the spots at the end. It softens them up and then they come off with the mitt. Works on a wet car too. Just work reasonably quickly before the solvent evaporates.

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Hey @Big Pimp went to put an order in for a P40 and some cleaning stuff, but noticed the P40 is now OOS after getting an outside tap fitted yesterday... Should have just ordered last week! Any idea when you're likely to get them back in?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Hey @Big Pimp went to put an order in for a P40 and some cleaning stuff, but noticed the P40 is now OOS after getting an outside tap fitted yesterday... Should have just ordered last week! Any idea when you're likely to get them back in?
Sorry. Stock mustn’t have been updated.

I have one left sitting in stock right now

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Sorry. Stock mustn’t have been updated.

I have one left sitting in stock right now

Still showing OOS. Will I order the cleaning stuff then you can invoice me for the P40 separately, or should I just email/call (tomorrow) to order the whole lot? Cheers!

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
@Big Pimp what dilution ratio would you recommend if applying Ultrafoam via an IK Foamer? 10:1 in a lance is fine for a lance, but I've loaned my powerhose to my sister and I am cleaning my friends bike tomorrow so I have to improvise.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Are the 1L IK sprayers Tarminator friendly? Can it be left in them (for months) without them disintegrating?

Is Trim just a dresser, or does it actually clean? I’m still working my way through the spray tins of Citrus from circa 1946, but would like to have their replacement ready to go.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Are the 1L IK sprayers Tarminator friendly? Can it be left in them (for months) without them disintegrating?

Is Trim just a dresser, or does it actually clean? I’m still working my way through the spray tins of Citrus from circa 1946, but would like to have their replacement ready to go.
Yes, the HC1 is designed for solvent based products like Tarminator, and also yes, it will sit in it for months on end with no issues

Trim does clean as well as dress.

@Big Pimp what dilution ratio would you recommend if applying Ultrafoam via an IK Foamer? 10:1 in a lance is fine for a lance, but I've loaned my powerhose to my sister and I am cleaning my friends bike tomorrow so I have to improvise.
Sorry I'm only seeing this now. what did you go with in the end. I'd have suggested staying similar

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Sorry I'm only seeing this now. what did you go with in the end. I'd have suggested staying similar

Haha, no worries. I went with about 10:1 and did the job perfectly,

20220510_124434.jpg

20220510_124441.jpg

20220510_210834.jpg

20220510_210915.jpg

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Looking forward to trying this gear out on my 4 off for the first time! I take it I just fire Articulate and Cleanse straight onto a dry, dirty car then Ultrafoam over it, let it dwell, rinse off then wash as usual with Gleam?

I mean, I do wash, polish and wax/seal my cars, but I've never used a pre-wash or snowfoam before in my life. A pre-wash to me was a blast with the pressure washer...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, that's exactly it. Cleanse on wheels, tyres, exhaust tips, under sills and underneath, inside arches, on mud flaps, etc. Articulate over the rest of the car. Articulate will be safe on waxes.

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Yep, that's exactly it. Cleanse on wheels, tyres, exhaust tips, under sills and underneath, inside arches, on mud flaps, etc. Articulate over the rest of the car. Articulate will be safe on waxes.

It'll be getting a good proper going over, wheels off. It might be a bit unfair on Cleanse doing the arches before a cheeky blast with the pressure washer as I discovered replacing the discs and pads recently how bad they are. Caked in months of dirt accumulating since before winter. :blush: I'll let it do its thing though.