a-kem automotive

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Trim does clean as well as dress.

Even for the likes of this? Ground in and a textured material.

Or would I be safer with Gleam and a nail brush?

BB009D4B-B4E8-4408-8134-6D0C5BCB47AD.jpeg

B437FB79-3DAD-40DB-A509-733BE2613D08.jpeg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Personally i would:
  • Warm cloth over the top to soften area
  • All purpose cleaner spray
  • Agitate with brush
  • Wipe down (repeat brush if necessary)
  • Apply trim dressing if desired

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Solapower is great for all that stuff, especially carpets but all interior mess like that.

Spray on and wipe with a cloth. Rub a bit if the dirt is stuck, just obviously be careful not to mark the plastic. Then finish off with a wee bit of Trim if you like.

For carpets, just spray on, then work it through with an upholstery brush. Finish with the vacuum. If it's cold and damp then use a hair drier to speed up drying.

Trim on it's own will deal with light dirt, dust, etc. Try it in a spot to see, it's actually quite effective. Again spray on and wipe off with a dry cloth. You don't want to leave too much on or it gets very slippy :innocent:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It'll be getting a good proper going over, wheels off. It might be a bit unfair on Cleanse doing the arches before a cheeky blast with the pressure washer as I discovered replacing the discs and pads recently how bad they are. Caked in months of dirt accumulating since before winter. :blush: I'll let it do its thing though.
Start with Cleanse, straight on the dry dirt. Don't hold back, properly soak it into the dirt.

Prepare to be amazed!

Same with Articulate, straight on the dirty car. Properly soak it in.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Solapower is great for all that stuff, especially carpets but all interior mess like that.

Spray on and wipe with a cloth. Rub a bit if the dirt is stuck, just obviously be careful not to mark the plastic. Then finish off with a wee bit of Trim if you like.

For carpets, just spray on, then work it through with an upholstery brush. Finish with the vacuum. If it's cold and damp then use a hair drier to speed up drying.

Trim on it's own will deal with light dirt, dust, etc. Try it in a spot to see, it's actually quite effective. Again spray on and wipe off with a dry cloth. You don't want to leave too much on or it gets very slippy :innocent:

Just looking at the Solapower bottle online- I assume it gets diluted?

Can you get the IK sprayers in any other colours other than grey and black? I already have 1 of each in the basket so would like a different colour again for another product.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Start with Cleanse, straight on the dry dirt. Don't hold back, properly soak it into the dirt.

Prepare to be amazed!

Same with Articulate, straight on the dirty car. Properly soak it in.

Is Cleanse a stronger alternative to Articulate that you use on wheels etc just? It doesn’t need scrubbed- just spray on, leave to soak then hose off?

Would Lazer not do the same? Every time I come in to this thread I leave feeling more overwhelmed 😂.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Just looking at the Solapower bottle online- I assume it gets diluted?

Can you get the IK sprayers in any other colours other than grey and black? I already have 1 of each in the basket so would like a different colour again for another product.
yep, diluted 1 capful (25ml) into a 750ml trigger spray bottle so 30:1

IK only come in black for the multi products and grey for the hydrocarbon ones.

They do have sticker locations in the front where you can write on them what they are.

I have however bought a vinyl cutter / printer so I can offer labels for the IK bottles something like this

image_e1f54663-caf6-4efc-b782-1b6311423a95_800x.jpg

Is Cleanse a stronger alternative to Articulate that you use on wheels etc just? It doesn’t need scrubbed- just spray on, leave to soak then hose off?

Would Lazer not do the same? Every time I come in to this thread I leave feeling more overwhelmed 😂.
Cleanse is much more powerful than Articulate and is dedicated for wheels.

Lazer is a degreaser so doesn't work in the same way. Close, but no cigar

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
yep, diluted 1 capful (25ml) into a 750ml trigger spray bottle so 30:1

IK only come in black for the multi products and grey for the hydrocarbon ones.

They do have sticker locations in the front where you can write on them what they are.

I have however bought a vinyl cutter / printer so I can offer labels for the IK bottles something like this

View attachment 360836

Cleanse is much more powerful than Articulate and is dedicated for wheels.

Lazer is a degreaser so doesn't work in the same way. Close, but no cigar
If I PM you a list Ross can you do the labels for me please?

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Get it bought. I'm waiting to see how my floor layout finishes and I might more to it.

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Me being a pest again. Going to get stuck in later this morning hopefully, but confused about the dilution ratio of UltraFoam. I think I read in this thread somewhere to go for about 10:1 in the lance? (using the AVA one that came with the P40, so about an inch of UF and top the bottle up with water?)

Set up the P40 yesterday as the wife wanted a blast out the back, patio not her :joy:, and very impressed by it in comparison to the Nilfisk C120 we had before.

I also don't appear to have a trigger for Hybrid, but I'm going to use Articulate in a pressure sprayer so I assume it will be fine in one of your 750ml trigger sprayers?

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Dilution is on the bottle, forget off the top of my head. Definitely a pump sprayer to cover the whole car.

For reinvigorating ceramic it's the very last thing you do. So do the whole cleaning routine as usual (except Ultragloss). Then spray citraclean on the wet car and rinse off pretty much straight away. You don't want it sitting drying out. Rinse well and don't mix it too "strong" or it can "stick". If it does, or it dries, then a quick wash will have any excess off.

Amazing on "proper" ceramic coating. No idea if it works the same with diy/spray-on coatings.

Every few months is more than plenty. It won't do any harm doing it more often, just the effect is less.

Finish off with Hybrid once the car has dried.

Good luck,
"Ross"

I’ve always used citra clean as a pre wash. Tried it today after, def didn’t dry in but the car is streaky as hell. Hybrid isn’t even shifting the marks 😩

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
If it’s streaky it may be too concentrated.

A 30:1 mix is more than sufficient for a declog

Bad news is you’ll need to wash it with a mitt again and some gleam
Me being a pest again. Going to get stuck in later this morning hopefully, but confused about the dilution ratio of UltraFoam. I think I read in this thread somewhere to go for about 10:1 in the lance? (using the AVA one that came with the P40, so about an inch of UF and top the bottle up with water?)

Set up the P40 yesterday as the wife wanted a blast out the back, patio not her :joy:, and very impressed by it in comparison to the Nilfisk C120 we had before.

I also don't appear to have a trigger for Hybrid, but I'm going to use Articulate in a pressure sprayer so I assume it will be fine in one of your 750ml trigger sprayers?
10:1 in a spray bottle as most machines will dilute approx 20:1 themselves (1lt water in a foam cannon on full setting into a bucket of water and measure how much is in the bucket when the 1lt water is empty)

This will give approx 200:1 mix

Sorry if I haven’t included a trigger head. I’ll pop one in the post for you tomorrow

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
@Big Pimp just wondering as I did a wee search but your last comment on fabric roofs I found was 2015 saying you had no products that worked

I think @big_pete made a comment more recently saying citra clean works on them, just wondering if this is the best product, or if solapower or solo would be a better shout on the roof? Cheers!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I’ve always used citra clean as a pre wash. Tried it today after, def didn’t dry in but the car is streaky as hell. Hybrid isn’t even shifting the marks 😩
Is your car ceramic coated? If not then there is no point using it at the end.

I use it as a pre-cleaner too if the car is dirtier. For normal washing Articulate does the job just fine. Most of the time just depends on what I happen to have ready mixed, lol.

The after thing is just once in a blue moon, like every few months, to rejuvenate the ceramic coating.

I've only used it with "professional" ceramic coatings. No idea if diy/spray on coatings benefit from this.

Sounds like it was either too concentrated, and/or wasn't rinsed well enough. It can be a bit tricky using it this way, especially on warmer days. But any stains wash straight off again. It won't reduce the effect. If it's just like light water spots then Hybrid usually does the trick, but if it's heavier a normal wash with Gleam will have it off.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
@Big Pimp just wondering as I did a wee search but your last comment on fabric roofs I found was 2015 saying you had no products that worked

I think @big_pete made a comment more recently saying citra clean works on them, just wondering if this is the best product, or if solapower or solo would be a better shout on the roof? Cheers!

Citra Clean on a fabric roof was fantastic on a Mini I cleaned recently,

20220410_173648.jpg
20220410_174003.jpg

20220410_175212.jpg

20220410_183232.jpg

20220411_131213.jpg

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Is your car ceramic coated? If not then there is no point using it at the end.

I use it as a pre-cleaner too if the car is dirtier. For normal washing Articulate does the job just fine. Most of the time just depends on what I happen to have ready mixed, lol.

The after thing is just once in a blue moon, like every few months, to rejuvenate the ceramic coating.

I've only used it with "professional" ceramic coatings. No idea if diy/spray on coatings benefit from this.

Sounds like it was either too concentrated, and/or wasn't rinsed well enough. It can be a bit tricky using it this way, especially on warmer days. But any stains wash straight off again. It won't reduce the effect. If it's just like light water spots then Hybrid usually does the trick, but if it's heavier a normal wash with Gleam will have it off.

Yeah it’s was ceramic coated by Pete.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
As the others have said, CitraClean is fantastic on a fabric roof

Spray on, agitate with a soft brush and rinse and rinse again.

You’ll not believe what comes out of fabric roofs