a-kem automotive

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Try a hair drier first. If you're lucky it might disappear before your eyes.

Barring that it should polish out.

riano

RMS Regular
Drives
C63s coupe
@Big Pimp can citraclean be used on matte finishes? I've just been using articulate until now but as my car has been ceramic coated with Gyeon matte before I got it I'm wondering if the citraclean would be good to unclog it? Also would the ik multiple 2 do for spraying articulate/citraclean? Cheers

Chris0

RMS Regular
Might be a daft one but can you change the adapter of the foam cannon? My cheap one sh1t itself

Have a cheap Vax at the minute but want to make sure I can change the adapter to another type or even quick release when time comes

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp can citraclean be used on matte finishes? I've just been using articulate until now but as my car has been ceramic coated with Gyeon matte before I got it I'm wondering if the citraclean would be good to unclog it? Also would the ik multiple 2 do for spraying articulate/citraclean? Cheers
Yes mate, citraclean is perfect for that, and the IK multipro is the correct sprayers for it.
Might be a daft one but can you change the adapter of the foam cannon? My cheap one sh1t itself

Have a cheap Vax at the minute but want to make sure I can change the adapter to another type or even quick release when time comes
Yes, my newer cannons all have the 1/4” fittings as standard and then you choose whatever end adaptor you need for them so can be changed easily

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
@Big Pimp or anyone else...what size of pump dispenser for the 5litre containers?

I have a 100mm syringe with a length of tubing that I use. Allows for fairly accurate dilution of the products. Got it from ebay years ago for under £5 delivered if I remember correctly. I use it for every thing with no issues.

Edit: seems inflation has hit even these now £7 delivered...

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Hey Ross,

Do you have any packs of microfibre cloths? Can't seem to see any on the website.

Cheers,
Chris

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Hey Ross,

Do you have any packs of microfibre cloths? Can't seem to see any on the website.

Cheers,
Chris
Hello mate:

These are still a decent pile cloth. I’ve sold all of the 70/30 cloths but these are an 80/20 200gsm cloth so still decent

@Big Pimp have you any snowfoam lances/bottles in stock? I might be blind but I can’t see them 😂
Sold out of my last one yesterday dude!

Next batch is approx 8 weeks away 🤦‍♂️

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just a wee warning to people who still use throw-on covers on their cars. Don't! They might be fine on old paintwork in a dry and warm garage, but when it goes wrong it really goes wrong. On anything with a decent quality paintwork don't even think about it. A bit of dust never did any harm at all to a car...

I never use the wretched things myself but a well-meaning person did. And it left marks like this all over where the touch points would have been.

850_CoverMarks_before.jpeg

Thankfully @big_pete came to the rescue and was able to lift them, but it took light polishing and then re-coating. A lot of work.

850_CoverMarks_after.jpeg

So basically, if worried about dust use a proper Carcoon. But throw those throw-on covers in the bin where they belong.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Just a wee warning to people who still use throw-on covers on their cars. Don't! They might be fine on old paintwork in a dry and warm garage, but when it goes wrong it really goes wrong. On anything with a decent quality paintwork don't even think about it. A bit of dust never did any harm at all to a car...

I never use the wretched things myself but a well-meaning person did. And it left marks like this all over where the touch points would have been.

View attachment 364267

Thankfully @big_pete came to the rescue and was able to lift them, but it took light polishing and then re-coating. A lot of work.

View attachment 364269

So basically, if worried about dust use a proper Carcoon. But throw those throw-on covers in the bin where they belong.
This 100%. Heard of other owners tales of woe. Like those wee squeegees for getting your car dry. Don't!!! One tiny bit of grit caught in the blade and you'll have tons of nice fine scratches on your paintwork if not worse.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Is that a no to car covers outside or covers on cars inside a garage. I can see why outside they are bad news with wind moving the cover but would have thought inside was ok. Have never used one but been tempted a few times to get the dust at bay.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Either. Claims of "breathable" make no difference either. A bit of dust does no harm. But a cover that goes wrong...

Carcoon is fine if you must, but really just leave the car with free air circulation and no cover. Quick wash when it comes out, job done.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Is that a no to car covers outside or covers on cars inside a garage. I can see why outside they are bad news with wind moving the cover but would have thought inside was ok. Have never used one but been tempted a few times to get the dust at bay.

Neither, they don’t let paint expand and contract properly with heat and humidity changes and can cause the paint to sweat. If something has been repainted it’s one of the fastest ways to cause micro blistering to happen too

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
@Big Pimp

Hi Ross, I received my order today with a note that Cleanse is on back order.

This was the main reason for my order, do you have any idea when you can expect it to be in?

If it’s going to be weeks, or worse I would rather have a refund please to go and get an alternative.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp

Hi Ross, I received my order today with a note that Cleanse is on back order.

This was the main reason for my order, do you have any idea when you can expect it to be in?

If it’s going to be weeks, or worse I would rather have a refund please to go and get an alternative.
Hello mate.

It’s due in Monday, Tuesday at the latest. I have my TSS notification so it’s imminent.

Only reason I was out was I hadn’t updated stock properly - apologies on that.