a-kem automotive

Andy55

RMS Regular
I don’t seem to be able to get the same results as others with articulate.
I’ve used 40:1 applied, let it dwell and then rinsed with power washer - barley touched it.

Same results with adding foam over it 😢

I've had the same experience.

Reactions: PDK

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
40:1 is stronger than the 2 ratios you’ve suggested.

I’ve a Karcher 5.8 so plenty of poke it in
It's been mentioned on here before that stronger isn't always better and can actually be worse.

My car isn't coated just use hybrid and ultra gloss. I couldn't get away with it in the Passat because it was black always had to do a proper wash.

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
It's been mentioned on here before that stronger isn't always better and can actually be worse.

My car isn't coated just use hybrid and ultra gloss. I couldn't get away with it in the Passat because it was black always had to do a proper wash.
The point I was making is that I’ve tried it at 40:1 meaning it’s the strongest I’ve tried.

I first tried it at 60:1, then 50:1 and last batch I made up 40:1

I’d love to get some of the contactless wash results but it just doesn’t seem to play ball with me.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
The point I was making is that I’ve tried it at 40:1 meaning it’s the strongest I’ve tried.

I’d love to get some of the contactless wash results but it just doesn’t seem to play ball with me.
Fair enough it didn't work for me in the Passat but I blamed that on it being black. Seems to give me an alright result on the Dacia it's not perfect but it's much cleaner than before.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Sounds like expectations... No product is "hands-free" regardless of brand. A "pre-wash" is only to lift the bulk of dirt. But anything that's ingrained or has been left sitting for a while will need a bucket wash. Especially if there's not a lot of protection underneath.

Dirt will be more visible on black than on white. Etc.

There's no miracle cure.

Finally, there's a balance between how "aggressive" a cleaner is and how "friendly" it is to waxes, unpainted plastic, etc.

Articulate is friendly. It won't affect waxes, for example.

In the worst of winter I mix in another 50:1 of Lazer with articulate to shift all the greasy winter grime. But that's on a coated car, I don't need to worry about waxes.

At the extreme end, I sometimes use neat Cleanse on the car when it's really bad. It's fine on a quality coating. There is nothing that won't shift, but it will definitely strip waxes and lesser coatings.

Horses for courses and all that.

There's Citraclean too. That at 20:1 iirc is a little more effective than articulate on it's own and is still friendly to waxes. But it's less cost effective as well.

Whatever floats your boat basically.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's

Bring me an empty bottle and I'll give you some CitraClean, that'll do the job for you.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
I don’t seem to be able to get the same results as others with articulate.
I’ve used 40:1 applied, let it dwell and then rinsed with power washer - barley touched it.

Same results with adding foam over it 😢
Come on down to me some day and I’ll wash it for you at the recommended dilutions dude

Have you tried CitraClean

It may just work better for you

If you haven’t I’ll send you a free sample next time you’re grabbing something for me mate

Same for you @Andy55

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Big delivery arrived today for me to try (9 Litre sprayer and assortment kit 5). Haven't used any Anachem products before but had to give it a good try given the reviews they keep getting

Only issue is I'll have to wait until I get the car dirty again as I only cleaned it yesterday

Dropped right to the door in a van that had no right to make the sounds it was making with that Bluetooth exhaust 😂

Thanks

IMG_20221107_172444.jpg

IMG_20221107_172448.jpg

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Big delivery arrived today for me to try (9 Litre sprayer and assortment kit 5). Haven't used any Anachem products before but had to give it a good try given the reviews they keep getting

Only issue is I'll have to wait until I get the car dirty again as I only cleaned it yesterday

Dropped right to the door in a van that had no right to make the sounds it was making with that Bluetooth exhaust 😂

Thanks

View attachment 379824
View attachment 379825
I’ll leave mine round to you to try it all out on 😉🤣

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Ross, regarding the 20L drum of Articulate, if you were in the area or around Lisburn I could meet you and give you my empty drum to fill instead of waiting for more to come in? I do love to do my bit for the environment too.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
@Big Pimp Ross is craigmore the new Ava service centre for n Ireland.seen a big advert for the Ava range and it said repair centre .Will I just take my washer to them and let them sort it rather than me taking it apart.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp Ross is craigmore the new Ava service centre for n Ireland.seen a big advert for the Ava range and it said repair centre .Will I just take my washer to them and let them sort it rather than me taking it apart.
I don’t know if they’ve officially taken over that title but I know that is how they got AVA stocked.

I’ll call AVA tomorrow and clarify for you
no black Friday deals?
Yes mate.

P40; P55; P60 all on offer

All existing AVA customers (as well as new ones) can get the 90^ angled lance for £25 instead of £45

I’ll have a few other Black Friday deals but these are running live at the minute on my site

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Tell me more Ross. Had a quick look on the website but couldn't see anything!
You’ll not mate. I kept it off the discount off the website deliberately to stop people who aren’t customers of mine getting them at a discounted price. I’ll pm you the discount code but I sent an email out to all existing customers last week mate so check your junk folder!

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
You’ll not mate. I kept it off the discount off the website deliberately to stop people who aren’t customers of mine getting them at a discounted price. I’ll pm you the discount code but I sent an email out to all existing customers last week mate so check your junk folder!

Feck sake... Just emptied all my email folders yesterday. Got a warning from Google that my email storage was over 90% full so went though and deleted several thousand emails. I'll check here and see it it survived the cull!