a-kem automotive

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Nothing from them for me, they didn't even fill in the details on their card.

Same with mine the last time. Express Freight by any chance?

Rang the office and gave my address. Told me the driver should have filled the card in and they would try to re-deliver it the next day.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Same with mine the last time. Express Freight by any chance?

Rang the office and gave my address. Told me the driver should have filled the card in and they would try to re-deliver it the next day.

Yep, same place. Hate delivery companies.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp Have you ever had any issues with your delivery company? I presume it was my stuff that was meant to be delivered today, they left a note with no reference or anything. will give them a call tomorrow, do your deliveries require a signature? because no one will be ever be in during the day to sign for it and my place of work do not allow personal deliveries.

Any other delivery companies just leave it with a neighbour or in a safe place.
Express Parcels by any chance?

I’ve pulled them a couple of times recently over that. Both not leaving notes, or else leaving the box and hiding it out of the way!

When I fill out the manifest your mobile number is on their delivery screen, so they are supposed to make contact if no one is available.

What I’ve started doing is writing on the box if there are specific instructions (like leave in a safe place etc)

Sorry about this mate. I’ll contact them in the morning and make sure the leave it for you regardless.

I’m going to guess you were order #1901?

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Express Parcels by any chance?

I’ve pulled them a couple of times recently over that. Both not leaving notes, or else leaving the box and hiding it out of the way!

When I fill out the manifest your mobile number is on their delivery screen, so they are supposed to make contact if no one is available.

What I’ve started doing is writing on the box if there are specific instructions (like leave in a safe place etc)

Sorry about this mate. I’ll contact them in the morning and make sure the leave it for you regardless.

I’m going to guess you were order #1901?

Yep, that's my order @Big Pimp

I would appreciate that thanks. I won't be there during their delivery hours. There is usually a neighbour home that are good enough to take it failing that it can be left up the end of the driveway as no one will touch it where I live

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp Did you manage to contact these clowns? No re-delivery today and no further cards through the door to suggest they had been here.
I did indeed and they assured me that the driver was to make contact with you.

I will contact them in the morning again and I’ll message you as soon as I’ve heard from them

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
Just love this stuff. My wheels are old as and the purge has cleaned them up lovely.

Attachments

• 20190509_192056.jpg
    20190509_192056.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 20190509_192253.jpg
    20190509_192253.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 209
  • 20190509_195032.jpg
    20190509_195032.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 282

RCT

RMS Regular
Not a car related one, but I’ve used a lot of different tar and glue removers over the years. The best one I’d found before trying Anachems Tarminator was Autoglym’s professional range. I normally buy in bulk so 5 litres or more.

This stuff made my life a lot easier on what is a horrible job to begin with.

Removing old carpet tile glue that’s been down for over 15 years.

Very good stuff, but you have to be careful with it and not let it dwell too long on plastics.View attachment 235653View attachment 235653View attachment 235653View attachment 235655
11121352-B5B4-4F78-9010-309CFE38F3CB.jpeg
782D1452-3192-48A4-8D48-187BF701D26F.jpeg
D6B6738D-788C-45CE-B91D-CAF9F71B5115.jpeg
47D4417B-3CD1-43AB-A858-4C0BF3150BB3.jpeg

GavRS182

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Clio 182
Got fed up with my usual gear so replaced everything with latest Anachem range - Picked up Articulate, ultafoam, gleam, hybrid & purge. Washed the fleet today - I'm really impressed with all the items I got, most of all with Purge. Honestly best wheel cleaner I've use. Whilst other products I've tried before produced intense colour reaction, they were really poor at doing the job at hand.. shifting crud! Used the articulate & ultrafoam combo and it seemed to work well. Another few washes and I'll get a better impression.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Any ideas what this substance is stuck to my paintwork? Tar remover or clay bar haven’t taken it off.

Attachments

• CDB4D669-104F-44C2-9CA9-DEA283458CA2.jpeg
    CDB4D669-104F-44C2-9CA9-DEA283458CA2.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 261

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Possibly took the worst picture and gave the worst description lol. The car was mid polish. It’s the two yellowish deposits on the bonnet and there’s another on the roof. Im guessing it’s bird droppings but it just will not come off with any chemical I’ve used so far.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Ah, see it now, lol.

Too small for bird poo? And that usually comes off ok as long as it's not been left for too long (as in weeks, or months).

Bugs? Looks more like that. And they can be really hard to remove. Letting Articulate soak in and a little agitation usually has them off. Sometimes a little careful scratching with a nail if they're really bad, obviously watch the paint though.

Stone chip or similar? Should be obvious with a "crater" though...

That's all I could think of, lol. Maybe the pros have seen it before (y)

colin84

RMS Regular
I have to say Gleam is the best stuff I've used, I've been asked a load of times if I had polished the car, when all it had was a wash. Even the shine off our white A4 under the floodlights at my work is impressive.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
@Big Pimp hey buddy, do you do anything that would get rid of these black spots that are all over my block work? If so would it be animal safe?

Believe that's some sort of lichen or something like that? Hard brush and elbow grease... They properly stick to the stone...

Best option might be to just leave it and call it "patina", lol. Does no real harm, just nature doing its thing.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Afternoon folks, I have a couple of questions please.
I'll planning on placing an order for quite a lot of products probably today.

I've read someone on here using these products in the home as well as the car.
See the Hydraclean product, can that be used on shower doors without problem?
I also read that someone put Hybrid on their shower walls.
Would Hybrid be good/safe to use on shower panels?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Afternoon folks, I have a couple of questions please.
I'll planning on placing an order for quite a lot of products probably today.

I've read someone on here using these products in the home as well as the car.
See the Hydraclean product, can that be used on shower doors without problem?
I also read that someone put Hybrid on their shower walls.
Would Hybrid be good/safe to use on shower panels?
Used hydraclean on the glass door and hybrid on the painted plastic shower walls. No issues. Has kinda worn off now so need to go again.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I do the same, work a treat.

Also Articulate and Solapower are both great all round cleaners. From floors and tiles to bikes, etc. Approx 100ml in a half full mop bucket.

And Lazer :heart_eyes: 😇 For everything from around the kitchen to cleaning greasy car and bike parts. Just spray on and wipe off. For really bad oily bits soak with Lazer and hot water and then go over with a dish brush.

Both Lazer and Hydraclean work great for glasses too.

And Hydraclean for screens and monitors (obviously apply sensibly, don't drench the thing... then wipe off with a soft clean cloth).

Last edited: