a-kem automotive

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Took a little road trip up to see @Big Pimp new warehouse yesterday. Good yarn and few laughs about his need for a skid removal product (ask him not me...)

I had a few hours and wanted to clean dust off zed, but had no hybrid left. Spoke to the main man the night before on Insta and wanted to try the limited edition. Was going to hold out until it was released but Luckily For me he had a bottle from old stock there. Popped up and collected and got to snoop round that beautiful x5 he has.

He kindly gave me a small test bottle of his new product for external plastic trim

the zeds mirror arms suffer badly from sun fade so will report how this lasts.
I’d tried a few products but nothing lasted more than a week.

photos don’t do the difference justice at all

before
A722F6B8-7A5F-4BB8-BEE1-303C795050CF.jpeg

after
1BD256CF-4C3A-4B72-B162-2F4751C62BF7.jpeg

the plastic doesn’t look greasy or even have a gloss, more just a nice clean sheen or deep colour again, very hard to photograph.

also that limited edition hybrid smells lush!!

SH4U11

RMS Regular
Drives
AudiA6
Me 3... I've trim in my basket waiting on payday, I was under the impression trim was inside and out. I've just been using Meguiars endurance.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, I've been using Trim inside and out and it works great, at least for me.

Hybrid works too as a quick "top-up" for exterior trim.

Apparently the new one is even better, can't wait to try it :cool:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Trim is inside and out. This is a new long lasting trim coating. We are talking 6months plus per coating.

and I’m not sure how much he used but @da.murf can maybe let us know - this stuff is expensive and will most likely come on 50ml bottles which should really be more than enough to coat any and all plastics on a car several times over

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Trim is inside and out. This is a new long lasting trim coating. We are talking 6months plus per coating.

and I’m not sure how much he used but @da.murf can maybe let us know - this stuff is expensive and will most likely come on 50ml bottles which should really be more than enough to coat any and all plastics on a car several times over

Knew there was something else I was forgetting when I was down 😂🙈

Will maybe call back some day, or get on one of the local runs to grab a bit and some more scent flavours

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z

this seems bang on, I cut a wax applicator pad in 1/2 and just placed on bottle opening and did the old ‘flip upside down and back’

that one small circle of fluid on the pad did both mirror supports. Then buffed off with a wowo micro fibre

will look at the again tomorrow and then snap every so often with updates.
I could notice no difference in the fluid level of the little bottle.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Very interested in trying the new trim stuff too on the acres of plastic on my Countryman. Was meant to get a sample ages ago but didn't materialise

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Need to make an order this week, I’m out or purge, lazer and ultrabrite, also getting low of gleam.

Is there any tiny samples of the trim stuff left? Mazdas Textured bumper Bits need a bit of help now. And all I have is The autogylm green snot stuff atm and all the dust just sticks to it 😂

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
Got my first order of Anachems finest on Saturday, no lance for the powerhouse so just got articulate, gleam, hybrid, trim as well as the mitt, yellow drying towel and blue buffing towel.

Results are below, no before pics but was pretty dirty and hasn't been in any way shiny since I've owned it.

Couple of things tho, still had some bugs etc on the car that articulatw didn't shift, using a 7l hozelock sprayer (5l water) how much articulate would you use? Also need to pick up some microfibres for the trim!

Signature scent has gone down very well too. All in all very impressed and will probably pick up a few more bits down the line.

20200524_163446.jpg
20200524_163431.jpg
20200524_163407.jpg

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
really smart looking car mate, thanks for sharing the pictures.

Just up behind you is some of the best views in the country - haven't been up in ages but I'm due another run up sometime soon for some photos

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Couple of things tho, still had some bugs etc on the car that articulatw didn't shift, using a 7l hozelock sprayer (5l water) how much articulate would you use? Also need to pick up some microfibres for the trim!

That sprayer is perfect. Mix as per label - in 5l of water 75-100ml of Articulate should be plenty.

Let it soak in for a couple of minutes, just don't let it dry (best if you can stay out of the sun...).

If you have purge then apply that to the wheels while you wait.

If you use foam (you will eventually :innocent:) then just add that straight on top for a bit more soaking.

Then powerhouse off.

Finish with going over the car with Gleam and a bucket (or two, or three, or whatever :innocent:).

Bugs at this time of year can be really stubborn! They usually come off fine with the above at the power hose stage. The most stubborn ones can need a little help from the mit at the Gleam stage. But even then having done the articulate step above just makes it much easier to get the must stubborn ones off!

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
@Big Pimp

Do you have any products to treat and revive exterior rubber? My car is less than a year old, but the rubber trim around the windows looks like the car is about 10 years old.

I have tried a few products and they do make it look better, but only for a week or two and they you need to reapply it.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
There is "Trim" on Ross' site, great for both internal and external trim.

None of these things ever last forever, Trim lasts better than most I think. It's easy to apply too and no mess.

You can also use Hybrid for a quick going over of exterior trim.

Ross says he has something with a lot longer lifetime in the pipeline. That sounds like it could be something very different from anything else on the market.