a-kem automotive

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lazer :innocent: 😁

Seriously though, it has stuff in it to clean up blood and other "biological" things. Never tried it on wee myself but definitely works on other stuff.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I was scared of putting bleach near upholstery tbh. Does the white vinegar and baking soda need wet vacced out? @NickR85

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I was scared of putting bleach near upholstery tbh. Does the white vinegar and baking soda need wet vacced out?
Wife used it for the same thing. She used the Astonish white vinegar spray from the likes of home bargains, then sprinkle the baking soda or sofa crystals on, let it dry completely (we left it for around 24 hours) then hoover it. Wiped out all trace of the smell for us.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Neighbours cat sprayed behind my sofa somewhere but I could never pin point where to clean properly. I sprayed a load of scent at it and it worked for a few days at a time to it naturally dispersed.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
@Big Pimp

Can you please check with the courier on the status of my Order #3467

Your email states it was sent on the 28th, all their tracking number says is added to system.

I ordered this at the same time as more detailing items from England, they arrived on Tuesday yet I'm still waiting for these.

This is at least my 10th order and my 10th problem with your courier.

I really rate your stuff, but the poor delivery service is making want to go elsewhere from now on.

@Big Pimp

Any reason you just liked this post and didn't provide a reply? ^o)

The stuff arrived this afternoon, with about a quarter of the Articulate leaked over the inside of the packaging : unamused:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp

Can you please check with the courier on the status of my Order #3467

Your email states it was sent on the 28th, all their tracking number says is added to system.

I ordered this at the same time as more detailing items from England, they arrived on Tuesday yet I'm still waiting for these.

This is at least my 10th order and my 10th problem with your courier.

I really rate your stuff, but the poor delivery service is making want to go elsewhere from now on.

I've just sent you an email Chris. I'm really sorry at the poor service you're getting from Express Parcels - I have sent them a copy of the email and expect an answer back from them and I'll relay it to you as soon as I hear something from them.
@Big Pimp any news on the DI Vessels?

Resin, filters, fittings, everything is sitting ready to go - just the vessels which were supposed to be with me today / tomorrow to go now.
@Big Pimp

Any reason you just liked this post and didn't provide a reply? ^o)

The stuff arrived this afternoon, with about a quarter of the Articulate leaked over the inside of the packaging : unamused:
yes Chris - if you take the time to read the reply I posted on here, and the email I sent you, you'll see I liked the post to let you know I was acknowledging it.

Can you send me a photo of the leaked product and I'll replace it for you free of charge, and take it up with express. I won't get anything back from them, but at least I can raise it with them

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I've chucked the box in the bin now as the bottom of it was pretty much covered in the product, I was working when it arrived so just set the package in the kitchen and only found how bad it was a couple of hours later.

stevensti

RMS Regular
Drives
slowly
My finger is hovering over the order button.
I take it you will be adding them to your website?

Resin, filters, fittings, everything is sitting ready to go - just the vessels which were supposed to be with me today / tomorrow to go now.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
I've chucked the box in the bin now as the bottom of it was pretty much covered in the product, I was working when it arrived so just set the package in the kitchen and only found how bad it was a couple of hours later.
was the mitt ok, or do you need me to replace it too mate?
My finger is hovering over the order button.
I take it you will be adding them to your website?
yes, as soon as they arrive (i think there is enough for 40 vessels on our first order) i'll let you all know on here, and will get them added to the site ASAP

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
was the mitt ok, or do you need me to replace it too mate?

yes, as soon as they arrive (i think there is enough for 40 vessels on our first order) i'll let you all know on here, and will get them added to the site ASAP

No the mit was fine because it was in the plastic cover. Thx

crx

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
@Big Pimp have you any plans to be in Lisburn over the weekend or next week I remember you used to bring your daughter to gymnastics in the town, was going to place an order and if it was handier I could meet you somewhere and save you on the postage costs.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
I know its not a product that's dedicated to cars but is there any way you could add stonebrite to the website?
I will indeed chase up Shopify on that, as I wanted to add a disclaimer before people could purchase that one product
@Big Pimp have you any plans to be in Lisburn over the weekend or next week I remember you used to bring your daughter to gymnastics in the town, was going to place an order and if it was handier I could meet you somewhere and save you on the postage costs.
I took her out of that gymnastics mate and moved her to another club. I’m only in Downpatrick so not that far away of you need to get caught up mate

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just under a week into the DIY science experiment and it's already settled I think. That new stuff is just magic. No residue and no sign of fading or washing off. And literally just a couple of drops used there.

Tyre slick was a bit of a surprise actually. It's not too bad but it does leave an oily film on the surface, and you can see it is already washing off and starting to fade.

The "standard" Trim was obviously never designed for this kind of restoration and it washed away pretty quickly. But that's one horribly faded ancient old bumper!

P1110002.JPG

Last edited:

Walder

RMS Regular
Just under a week into the DIY science experiment and it's already settled I think. That new stuff is just magic. No residue and no sign of fading or washing off. And literally just a couple of drops used there.

Tyre slick was a bit of a surprise actually. It's not too bad but it does leave an oily film on the surface, and you can see it is already washing off and starting to fade.

The "standard" Trim was obviously never designed for this kind of restoration and it washed away pretty quickly. But that's one horribly faded ancient old bumper!

View attachment 297631

So far so good.

This new magic stuff... I'm wondering how would it hold up as a tyre dressing or plastic trim and rubber two very different games.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
For just general topping up the normal silicon-type products like "standard" Trim work just fine. They really "just" need to restore shine. And would no doubt be cheaper.

Restoring ancient faded old plastic like the above is a different ball game though. It's clearly not just a surface treatment. It appears to go into the plastic and rejuvenate it from within.

Ross' tyre slick does a similar thing with old faded rubber. It actually reacts with the rubber and doesn't just sit on top.

Ross can talk for hours about it no doubt 😎 🧐🤓

davyk31

RMS Regular
Ross. Just placed an order now order 3470. Added a note as you said about sending me a wee sample of the new trim product but not sure the note saved. Hopefully you can pick it up ok as keen to try the new stuff on the acres of plastic on my Countryman.

Order came but no sample of the trim cleaner sadly. That was the main reason I placed the order as I’m not particularly low on any of the stuff I ordered.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Order came but no sample of the trim cleaner sadly. That was the main reason I placed the order as I’m not particularly low on any of the stuff I ordered.
Davy - I'm really sorry - I've added your bottle into someone else order!

I'll pop your sample in the post now

davyk31

RMS Regular
Davy - I'm really sorry - I've added your bottle into someone else order!

I'll pop your sample in the post now

Good man Ross, thanks.
Bought some Lazer with my order. Heard it’s good for granite worktops and shower doors, what concentration should I mix it to for that?

And for car use what’s it good for??