a-kem automotive

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Yes, I’m changing the bottles which we carry Lazer in.

You’re the 4th bottle I’m now aware of.

there seems to be an issue with high ph alkaline and PET

it’s the only product which there seems to be an issue with and high solvent based products like Tarminator have no effect on the bottles at all.

I’ll replace both of your bottles FOC on your next order - will you make sure you add a note to seller to remind me to do that?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
If it's just four instances @Big Pimp then it more likely might just be "bad luck" and those particular bottles already had a crack in them?

Haven't had any issues with my Lazer bottles, and I have a few :innocent: 😅 Also have it in anything from cheap plastic sprayers to fancy ones and never had any issues.

It is pretty strong but can't really see anything in it that would attack plastic. It's certainly not a problem at all using it for cleaning plastic.

@Big Pimp Used Cleanse for the first time this afternoon. By far the best wheel cleaner I have ever used! 🤩

I went and bought 20l of the stuff straight after using it once 😅 It's brilliant as a frequent use wheel cleaner and unreal on the tyres like you say! Saves Purge for the more stubborn ingrained brake dust.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Just for your own records, mine had done the same actually but I had just assumed it was maybe a damaged bottle. Thankfully noticed and stuck it into the previous style of laser container I had so didn’t lose any.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
If it's just four instances @Big Pimp then it more likely might just be "bad luck" and those particular bottles already had a crack in them?

I would say the bottle plastic appeared to be quite brittle. I actually had another look and removed the sprayer head which is also cracked. You’d wonder if there was a bad batch of bottles

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Both of the lazer bottles I've had have had developed cracks on the base but I've just stored them upside down and they have been ok.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
@Big Pimp - do you take cash at the store or is it only pay online before picking up? Hopefully going to take a trip down in the coming weeks and have cash literally burning a hole in my wallet. If not I’ll stick it in the bank first lol.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp thanks mate. I’ll hopefully be getting some Xmas goodies or Black Friday deals lol

Any chance you’ll be doing gift sets?
Yes. Bundle sets will be a big feature.

@Reno_LV is being a perfectionist with his photography of the bundles.
I was happy with a photoshopped composite image. The disdain on his face when I mentioned it was priceless

but bundles will be now 5 options
@Big Pimp - do you take cash at the store or is it only pay online before picking up? Hopefully going to take a trip down in the coming weeks and have cash literally burning a hole in my wallet. If not I’ll stick it in the bank first lol.
ive a till and all at work mate
I would say the bottle plastic appeared to be quite brittle. I actually had another look and removed the sprayer head which is also cracked. You’d wonder if there was a bad batch of bottles
There is a phenomenon called chemical induced stress, and it only works with some alkaline products, and caustics
Both of the lazer bottles I've had have had developed cracks on the base but I've just stored them upside down and they have been ok.

One of my lazer bottles leaked too

I’ll exchange them for you ok your next orders gents

avsd

RMS Regular
Drives
Mercedes/C350Est
I also had a leak in the small laser bottle. Just moved it to a spare 1Lt spray bottle I had. More a seepage than leak so I just assumed I had set it down to hard outside whilst cleaning the car. Same symptoms - brittle plastic on the bottom.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Any update on trim restorer? My middle lower grill looks greyer every time I look at it :worried:

Marc C

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 325i Touring
Any update on trim restorer? My middle lower grill looks greyer every time I look at it :worried:

I know that feeling 😳

1C366287-77D6-4ED0-9D35-129195D9BE6C.jpeg

JonnyB23

RMS Regular

The 5 deals showing on the website home page and Instagram.

Last edited:

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Anyone bought one Ross's foam lances? I've a couple of old ones that are giving up the ghost. Tried cleaning the gauze etc, no luck. Might be time to order a replacement!

Lauren_E

RMS Regular
Drives
MINI JCW
Was running low on a lot of stuff so order #3683 placed this morning :cool:
Like @Alemsee I'm dying to try the new trim product for the multitude of faded plastics on the Mini so will place another order for it and the Citraclean when it's available (y)

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
I'm holding off until Trim and Citraclean are available too. Need to have a look around the shed and see what else I need actually.

In the same boat myself. Think I need articulate and snow foam too and maybe that new cleanse but waiting to see if there's some kind of bundle that'll incorporate all of the above before ordering