a-kem automotive

Walder

RMS Regular
Either will be fine, just personal preference. Citraclean dilutes 1:30, Articulate 1:50, so Articulate probably works out a little cheaper. But neither is exactly dear, lol, pennies per wash.

Citraclean is ridiculously effective on heavy dirt, like this time of year. It was similar to Articulate + Lazer when I tried side by side, and that's pretty strong going!

But also a bit more aggressive so not sure about using it regularly on a waxed car.

Personally I'd just go Articulate for that. Especially if you do a bucket wash to finish anyway.

Get Cleanse for the wheels, Articulate for prewash, and Gleam for the bucket, job done.

Foam on top of Articulate and Cleanse helps, but they work fine without too.

This is it...

I'll maybe just stick to the Articulate and bucket wash as I don't fancy stripping the wax off

Cheers

Walder

RMS Regular
And on that note...

New order in to top up but a wash was need to appease me needed a bit of outside time.

Articulate
Snow foam
Gleam
Hyrbid

Later.... Just a bit shinier

IMG_20210206_152915.jpg

Last edited:

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Sorry Ross, but as much as I love you and your stuff, I feel that's very 'elite' and like I should be on my knees sucking you off for the privilige of buying that. Sounds dramatic I know, but honest initial reaction.

I'm just a plain and simple man though and I'm sure your instagayers are loving it and it's with the times, unlike me...
😂

Hes changed since he started driving BMWs hasn't he!

Hoping for another dry day tomorrow to get the new jeep cleaned have done over 500 miles in it this week and it's absolutely filthy.

davyk31

RMS Regular
@Big Pimp do you have the pumps for the 2 litre Gleam bottles? Mine seems to have developed a crack and it’s not working any more. Could do with ordering more gleam so would add a pump if you have them?

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Ive run out of hybrid.

Heartbroken

However one does simply not just order 1 item 💔

@Big Pimp is citra clean just a version of articulate or if car is just waxed any reason to go for either or

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
I’ll give a detailed answer when I’m back home tonight but there is a significant difference between the two.

mid you scroll up a bit you’ll see @svensktoppen done a very detailed and in-depth comparison

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
Drives
Daily Hack
Used Cleanse on Saturday there for the first time, Wheels weren't overly bad but basically a near touchless wash so all good. Big Wheel Woolie some job too, the two small ones will be handy for the motorbikes

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Ive run out of hybrid.

Heartbroken

However one does simply not just order 1 item 💔

@Big Pimp is citra clean just a version of articulate or if car is just waxed any reason to go for either or
so, Articulate vs CitraClean

what is the differences, and when should one be used over the other.

I'm going to try and keep this simple without one of my usual long winded soliloquies!

Articulate is an alkaline based traffic film remover. Traffic film removers have been designed to break down bonded traffic films.
They are usually strongly alkaline and many use a caustic base, which in itself isn't damaging, but repeated use, and especially at incorrect dilutions can lead to degradation of LSP (last stage protection - your waxes / sealants)
Care needs to be taken around sensitive soft metal finishes etc. Take a look at the black window trims of most BMWs and you will see staining from concentrated TFRs.

CitraClean is a citrus solvent micro-emulsion build on a mildly alkaline base. This is entirely LSP safe, and was developed with the aim of declogging ceramic coated cars which a traditional TFR will not do.
It is also more versatile than a traditional TFR and is fantastic for interior cleaning as well as engine bays and convertible fabric hoods etc.

Care needs to be exercised with both products - firstly, make sure the dilutions are correct, in the CitraClean more so than Articulate.

in the handy 1.2l bottle, a 25 ml dose into my branded 750ml spray bottles will give you a 30:1 dilution which is perfect for all cleaning tasks including pre spraying before foaming.

I made a stronger mix (10:1) for cleaning really dirty wheel arches which a TFR will not clean as well.
I sprayed this stronger mix on the windows, body etc. and on rinsing I found some 'staining' which wasn't actually a stain, but deposits.
I diluted the stronger mix down, re-sprayed the whole car and rinsed off and it removed everything safely, but its easy to get things wont at times. This is why I'm now writing my dilution ratio on the bottles I use too.

Long story short, is if you've always used one, try the other. you'll not be disappointed with the performance of either!

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
so, Articulate vs CitraClean

what is the differences, and when should one be used over the other.

I'm going to try and keep this simple without one of my usual long winded soliloquies!

Articulate is an alkaline based traffic film remover. Traffic film removers have been designed to break down bonded traffic films.
They are usually strongly alkaline and many use a caustic base, which in itself isn't damaging, but repeated use, and especially at incorrect dilutions can lead to degradation of LSP (last stage protection - your waxes / sealants)
Care needs to be taken around sensitive soft metal finishes etc. Take a look at the black window trims of most BMWs and you will see staining from concentrated TFRs.

CitraClean is a citrus solvent micro-emulsion build on a mildly alkaline base. This is entirely LSP safe, and was developed with the aim of declogging ceramic coated cars which a traditional TFR will not do.
It is also more versatile than a traditional TFR and is fantastic for interior cleaning as well as engine bays and convertible fabric hoods etc.

Care needs to be exercised with both products - firstly, make sure the dilutions are correct, in the CitraClean more so than Articulate.

in the handy 1.2l bottle, a 25 ml dose into my branded 750ml spray bottles will give you a 30:1 dilution which is perfect for all cleaning tasks including pre spraying before foaming.

I made a stronger mix (10:1) for cleaning really dirty wheel arches which a TFR will not clean as well.
I sprayed this stronger mix on the windows, body etc. and on rinsing I found some 'staining' which wasn't actually a stain, but deposits.
I diluted the stronger mix down, re-sprayed the whole car and rinsed off and it removed everything safely, but its easy to get things wont at times. This is why I'm now writing my dilution ratio on the bottles I use too.

Long story short, is if you've always used one, try the other. you'll not be disappointed with the performance of either!

frig would hate to see the long version!!! 😂

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
What ****ing beanies?

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46