a-kem automotive

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp do you have any of the 1/4" quick release connectors for the snow foam guns?

Was going to order one but cant see the fitting in the drop down menu?

Thanks

Hi Martyn, I do indeed have them back in stock. I’ll update the site now

Anyone got the correct instructions for tarminator? Says on the bottle to use carefully following the instructions... but has no instructions that I could see 8-|

Had a bit of a play with it yesterday, sprayed on and left for about 30s to 1 min, did loosen some tar off in fairness but wasn't sure whether to agitate or not.

Spray on, working a panel at a time. Your method sounds perfect, and I’d remove with a soft microfibre cloth.

Keep it away from soft plastics such as light lenses

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Hi @Big Pimp

Will you have the Yellow vinyl window stickers back in stock at some stage?
I need to have a look around - I found 3 of them and I set them somewhere to keep them safe and now I can't find them!!!

@Blackwater Graphics will be printing me more soon!!
@Big Pimp is there any update on the plastic trim product? Dying to try on the r53 and looking an excuse to put an order in
waiting to hear back from Shopify to see why its not listing!

Martyn

RMS Regular
Hi Martyn, I do indeed have them back in stock. I’ll update the site now

Spray on, working a panel at a time. Your method sounds perfect, and I’d remove with a soft microfibre cloth.

Keep it away from soft plastics such as light lenses

Ordered this morning and I have just had a email to say it has been processed! Some service.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Guys,

See tarminator, would it be ok for removing the residue from number plate velcro pads that have been removed?

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Isnt there a trick with putting tissue paper on & letting it soak in to remove that? Think I saw it on Studio Ten detailing's IG page

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Guys,

See tarminator, would it be ok for removing the residue from number plate velcro pads that have been removed?
Literally it's best use! Almost melts the residue and adhesive.

I usually pull the plate off, spray the stickies with Tarminator and then lay a piece of toilet paper over the top of then. Wee bit more tarminator to make sure the toilet paper doesn't fall off and then leave 5 mins. Once you peel the toilet paper off, the stickies should just peel off leaving no residue.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Literally it's best use! Almost melts the residue and adhesive.

I usually pull the plate off, spray the stickies with Tarminator and then lay a piece of toilet paper over the top of then. Wee bit more tarminator to make sure the toilet paper doesn't fall off and then leave 5 mins. Once you peel the toilet paper off, the stickies should just peel off leaving no residue.
thanks for the reply, I guess I'm safe to assume it doesn't ruin the paint then

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
thanks for the reply, I guess I'm safe to assume it doesn't ruin the paint then
Won't do any harm at all to paint, metal, glass, etc.

But it is a strong solvent, use outdoors and keep it away from plastics, rubber, etc.

It's superb for removing any kind of glue, residue, ancient old stickers, etc. Just spray on locally, let it soak in. Then peel off stickers or whatever and wipe off the remaining glue with a piece of tissue soaked in Tarminator, and wipe dry.

Hairdrier works as well for lifting stickers, film, etc.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Ultragloss = use on a wet car, rinse off straight away. Helps water runoff and leaves a nice shine with zero effort. I use that with every wash.

Hybrid = apply on a dry car. Do a panel at a time. Spray on (very little needed!), spread with a cloth, then buff immediately with a dry cloth. Don't let it dry.

A bit more effort, but the shine is spectacular. Especially on a coated car. Personally I use that maybe once a month.

You can use Hybrid on top of Ultragloss.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Guys,

perfect for jobs like that
Isnt there a trick with putting tissue paper on & letting it soak in to remove that? Think I saw it on Studio Ten detailing's IG page
yep, spray some on the sticky, then lay some tissue paper / make up pads on top and spray it again. leave for about 10 mins and everything will lift off easily.

important to note - do not use on un-lacquered paint, or delicate plastics like headlights with this method. You'd be better spraying some on a microfibre, and then wiping it off a few times on delicates.
What's the difference between hybrid and ultra gloss?
UltraGloss is an after wash spray wax / de-watering fluid to aid drying and shine. Hybrid is a semi long term spray sealant with huge gloss levels and 3/4 weeks easy protection

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Called in to see Ross and got some goodies including Trim X

D4F26827-82F8-41C8-8A59-EA844D11B2B9.jpeg

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
perfect for jobs like that

yep, spray some on the sticky, then lay some tissue paper / make up pads on top and spray it again. leave for about 10 mins and everything will lift off easily.

important to note - do not use on un-lacquered paint, or delicate plastics like headlights with this method. You'd be better spraying some on a microfibre, and then wiping it off a few times on delicates.

UltraGloss is an after wash spray wax / de-watering fluid to aid drying and shine. Hybrid is a semi long term spray sealant with huge gloss levels and 3/4 weeks easy protection

Thanks, was going to place an order online of a few things, and was looking some trim x, can it be added to orders? and how much is it? cheers

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Thanks, was going to place an order online of a few things, and was looking some trim x, can it be added to orders? and how much is it? cheers
Yep. Just add a note, I’ll add it and send a separate bill until it’s showing properly on the system
I left him a wee message on my order for some Trim X if available.
Yep 👍

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Is trim X the new gear I was after to restore plastics?

Also what's the craic with these fancy IK spray bottles and why do I need those too?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Is trim X the new gear I was after to restore plastics?

Also what's the craic with these fancy IK spray bottles and why do I need those too?
Got one of the 2l ones for Cleanse just because I needed another and wanted to see what the craic was. It's really good, great spray pattern, and designed for use with aggressive cleaners like Cleanse.

That said I have a bunch of Hozelock sprayers I've used for a long time with these cleaners too without issue. But I'd say the IK are better built.

Only slight gripe was I couldn't work out how to lock the pump handle in the down position so it can be used as a grab handle. I'm sure there's a way, I'm just too dumb to work it out 😅 🤫