a-kem automotive

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Anyone know the price of trim-x?

I find Carpro Perl amazing for all black trims as well as tyres, interior engine trims etc..

It’s so cheap too as you use 1:3 for everything, maybe 1:1 for tyres.

I’ve used it a few time over the last year on the Missus Mini Cooper with all its black trim and it stays proper black for a long time,
Simple spray onto an applicator and wipe off

Ghost

RMS Regular
I find Carpro Perl amazing for all black trims as well as tyres, interior engine trims etc..

It’s so cheap too as you use 1:3 for everything, maybe 1:1 for tyres.

I’ve used it a few time over the last year on the Missus Mini Cooper with all its black trim and it stays proper black for a long time,
Simple spray onto an applicator and wipe off
You shall be banned to the dungeon. Anachem is God. No blasphemy allowed.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
carpro perl is a different product compared to mine.

its much more like Gyeons Q2 trim

price will be around £25 for my kit which comprises of 50ml product x, 50ml IPA, small microfibre applicator pad and really really soft microfibre for product removal.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
And I did the whole of the big old Volvo, square miles of nineties sunbleached plastics, using just over half of the bottle. Doing a normal bumper or some trim barely makes a dent in it.

If my test bumper out in the back yard is anything to go by then an application should last 6-12 months.

It's nothing like the usual silicon stuff.

MarkM

RMS Regular
carpro perl is a different product compared to mine.

its much more like Gyeons Q2 trim

price will be around £25 for my kit which comprises of 50ml product x, 50ml IPA, small microfibre applicator pad and really really soft microfibre for product removal.

I have to be honest, I was waiting for trim X, but at £25 it’s made me hesitate, hope it’s amazing!

Last edited:

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
If my test bumper out in the back yard is anything to go by then an application should last 6-12 months.

I found that after 3 months of road driving and the MIL's Mini that's never garaged lasted around 3 months before needing reapplication. The car will have done a few 1000 miles through harsh winter weather, and hadn't been washed from 1st application to the 2nd.

The plastics also had a full decontamination preparation and IPA wipe down before the first application, so it wasn't poor preparation.

Now that the weather is turning better, I'll report back for the next application.

Also, I will soon have a fleet of courier vans at my disposal to further apply it to. These vans will be doing around 1000 miles a week, so with definitely put it to the test.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
I have to be honest, I was waiting for trim X, but at £25 it’s made me hesitate, hope it’s amazing!
serious question - has anything I've ever brought out which has disappointed with performance?

I don't mean that in any kind of a cheeky manner, but I try my best to bring out some of the best products on the market.

I only said around £25 - truth be told I'm still uncertain on pricing, but Q2 trim is retailing at £28 for a 30ml bottle with a fancy dropper for putting it on a pad, and I'd put this at least on a similar level. maybe I'm being a bit optimistic, but I believe with the whole package I'm selling it with - applicator pad, soft removal pad, IPA and trim x / trim restore it's not poorly priced?

MarkM

RMS Regular
serious question - has anything I've ever brought out which has disappointed with performance?

I don't mean that in any kind of a cheeky manner, but I try my best to bring out some of the best products on the market.

I only said around £25 - truth be told I'm still uncertain on pricing, but Q2 trim is retailing at £28 for a 30ml bottle with a fancy dropper for putting it on a pad, and I'd put this at least on a similar level. maybe I'm being a bit optimistic, but I believe with the whole package I'm selling it with - applicator pad, soft removal pad, IPA and trim x / trim restore it's not poorly priced?

Well, you’re right, generally you supply what I consider to be some of the best products around, can’t see me ever being without articulate and snow foam as long as you make them, but serious answer, I gave my Gleam and Hydraclean away, just not for me, sorry, really :no_mouth:
Is it not Rim that has the dropper, mine’s just a bottle, I think, I’ll check lol

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
but serious answer, I gave my Gleam and Hydraclean away, just not for me, sorry, really
ok, thats awesome! Thanks for letting me know that mate. I know you've bought Gleam + in the 2lt sizes from me at least 6 times over the last couple of years, but can you let me know what you'd improve in the gleam then? or what your preferred shampoo is and why you feel it performs better?

i'm always open to suggestions - its the want to provide the best out there makes me listen, and if something outperforms any of mine i'd love to know why!

HydraClean has been selling really really well for me recently with the poor weather, but i get it won't be for some people.

like I say, nobody should ever feel they can't tell me something for fear of offending me - its the only way I feel my business can grow!

Thanks again man

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
See when I dilute articulate. Can I use that in a Lance bottle on the pressure washer? Or is that just diluting it too much now

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
You can use it in a lance but the calculation for dilution is different. You basically need to account for the total amount of water going through the lance.

Not specific to anachem either, it's the same for any product.

Fill the bottle on the lance with just water. Then spray into a bucket or whatever. The amount of water in the bucket when the bottle is empty is the amount you use to work out the dilution.

I know some mix it in with foam and do it all in one go.

For me a sprayer is just easier anyway, but that's just me. I think spraying it on and then foam on top just lets Articulate (or citraclean, or whatever) work directly on the car instead of being mixed in with the foam.

But then doing it all in one is handy.

Just depends, whatever works for you.

MarkM

RMS Regular
ok, thats awesome! Thanks for letting me know that mate. I know you've bought Gleam + in the 2lt sizes from me at least 6 times over the last couple of years, but can you let me know what you'd improve in the gleam then? or what your preferred shampoo is and why you feel it performs better?

i'm always open to suggestions - its the want to provide the best out there makes me listen, and if something outperforms any of mine i'd love to know why!

HydraClean has been selling really really well for me recently with the poor weather, but i get it won't be for some people.

like I say, nobody should ever feel they can't tell me something for fear of offending me - its the only way I feel my business can grow!

Thanks again man

I’ve only bought gleam once from you iirc, and the newer grape one from Davey when he had some with no labels lol.
I know suds aren’t really part of what cleans a car but it’s just something I like to see in the bucket, lots of them lol
I’ve been constantly chopping and changing, poor boys slick and suds, Auto Glym and another I can’t remember what it was called bought from sports and spares which was gash lol

Really hope I’ve not annoyed you Ross, you’re a good man with some superb products, I’m set in my ways and know what I want :laughing:

Cat version of you lol
8957514B-E499-423E-9C0A-815B5E156A32.jpeg

Last edited:

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
I’ve only bought gleam once from you iirc, and the newer grape one from Davey when he had some with no labels lol.
I know suds aren’t really part of what cleans a car but it’s just something I like to see in the bucket, lots of them lol
I’ve been constantly chopping and changing, poor boys slick and suds, Auto Glym and another I can’t remember what it was called bought from sports and spares which was gash lol

Really hope I’ve not annoyed you Ross, you’re a good man with some superb products, I’m set in my ways and know what I want :laughing:

Haha im the opposite.
Suds make the bucket full before you get all water in and blown everywhere if any wind.
Id much rather less Suds. Have to admit gleam is so slippy. You can feel it on the car gliding!!

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
I use 1 cap of Gleam in the bucket but I also actually use 1.5 caps of Gleam in a snow foam lance over the car before I start...it actually foams very very well and stays on the car a decent time while washing

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's

I'd recommend you try CarPro Reset then. More expensive than most soaps at £20 for a litre, but you only need 20mls of soap in a 10ltr bucket. It gives great suds as well as slickness and works great on coated and uncoated cars.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
When I saw that Trim-X is going to be £25 I thought to myself that was a fair price. Doesn't seem overpriced.

I love most of your stuff Ross, I think I've about 80% of your products. However Gleam isn't for me, I prefer Autoglym Shampoo/Conditioner over it.

But that's it, all you other products I love!

DreamTheater

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Civic
With car shampoo I always put a small amount into the wash mitt...Dunk the mitt into the was bucket to get it wet, and then pour a small amount of shampoo onto the mitt.

I usually use half the recommended dose in the wash bucket and the other half on the mitt.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
I thought a fiver was a fair price tbh LOL

I don't think £25 is unreasonable tbh. A quid or two less is probably ideal. Hard to beat if its about a fiver less than the nearest equivalent if they makes sense?

I've found most of my gear is now Anachem simply because I like the service and the quality for the price.

Something I would find helpful though would be a table/matrix to make it easier to get the right product. Like a lot of car products I find the naming a bit... Naff.

I might draft this idea up myself and post it here to best convey what I'm on about