a-kem automotive

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp possible to track my order? Placed Friday 19th, shipped Monday 22nd - everytime I track it on the Express Freight website it comes up "Tuesday 23rd, not delivered"

On it now mate

Guys, I have a Karcher power washer, a K2 I believe.
I already had a foam bottle, but decided to purchase an Anachem one recently.
I have to use quite a bit of force to get the Anachem bottle inserted, it will remove easily enough, but its only with the Anachem bottle, nothing else.
Anyone else experienced similar?

Do you mean it’s stiff getting the foam bottle into the notched join?

ShaunB

RMS Regular
On it now mate

Its when you need to push the connector back a bit in order to turn it to lock it in
I must admit, I've not compared the size of the connector on the two different bottle, will do that later.
The other bottle, and the lances easily push back to let you turn them

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Its when you need to push the connector back a bit in order to turn it to lock it in
I must admit, I've not compared the size of the connector on the two different bottle, will do that later.

I have the same problem with my anachem Lance with the K2 also.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796

Probably a universal issue with the nozzles as my auto finess one can be a bit harder to seat than the lance. 🤔

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
My foam lance I've had for 10 years. Not sure of the brand as I got it from DetailNI but it's a pig to click into my Karcher, even 10 years later.

As has been said, they are a generic copy of a Karcher part so never going to be a perfect fit.

Lauren_E

RMS Regular
Drives
MINI JCW
Small order placed @Big Pimp . Also added a note (I think :joy:) if you could add on 5 litres of the low foam dishwasher solution and amend total for whatever the extra is please :blush: Order #4188

Sonny

RMS Photographer
On it now mate

Think it's a K2 thing. Even the lance was a pain in the ass removing sometimes and my Cleantec foam lance one was the same. Got an Anachem one now with a quick release :heart_eyes:

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Trim X, plastic trim is like new. Let's see what the longevity is like.

20210302_122127.jpg
20210302_122035.jpg

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
1st order placed on Friday there, but haven't received any emails confirming the order etc, is that normal or have I maybe made a mistake in my email address?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
1st order placed on Friday there, but haven't received any emails confirming the order etc, is that normal or have I maybe made a mistake in my email address?
order #4163?

your order left today I believe, for delivery tomorrow.

You should have had a shipping confirmation @ 21:14 on the 28/02 emailed to j*****e0**3@yahoo.com

davyk31

RMS Regular
I am buying a Mini for my daughter to learn to drive. It has a half leather interior with white as the leather colour. The leather on the seats isn’t too bad but there are white leather bits on the dash and doors that need a good clean.

Which Anachem product is best for that or if nothing suitable in the range what other product should I be using.

Will no doubt invest in the Trim X as once the dealers shiny stuff wears off I’m sure the exterior plastic needs a refurb.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Personally I use saddle soap for cleaning leather. Get it from any saddler, loads dotted around NI. It's mild soap and lanolin, is very gentle, and both cleans and feeds and restores the leather.

Finish with a leather balm, basically beeswax and lanolin.

Big cracks and worn out colouring and whatnot is a different story and more involved. Best left to a professional.

The above is for actual leather. Suede, alcantara, etc. are different.

Other products are available 🙂

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
I was under the impression modern leather has a sprayed finish?
I say this as I had a bit of a barney with a fella on detailing world about using leatherique back in 2008ish about using this to ‘feed’ the leather on my E46 at the time.

He said the leather was coated and nothing would feed it unless it was a proper Connolly hide.
I now use APC and a cloth, keeps my leather nice Matt finish.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I am buying a Mini for my daughter to learn to drive. It has a half leather interior with white as the leather colour. The leather on the seats isn’t too bad but there are white leather bits on the dash and doors that need a good clean.

Which Anachem product is best for that or if nothing suitable in the range what other product should I be using.

Will no doubt invest in the Trim X as once the dealers shiny stuff wears off I’m sure the exterior plastic needs a refurb.

This is my current 'go to' for cleaner and conditioner. The conditioner smells amazing, a bit too glossy for my liking, but I'll keep using it until its done 🤣🤣

20210130_154236.jpg

Reactions: PDK

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I was under the impression modern leather has a sprayed finish?
I say this as I had a bit of a barney with a fella on detailing world about using leatherique back in 2008ish about using this to ‘feed’ the leather on my E46 at the time.

He said the leather was coated and nothing would feed it unless it was a proper Connolly hide.
I now use APC and a cloth, keeps my leather nice Matt finish.

This is true for a lot of car "leather" - it's not actually leather at all, but cloth backed very thin "leather" sheets with a wax coating. The same goes for a lot of sofas, etc.

I showed a problem area to the local saddler once and he just laughed and said "that's not leather" 😅

You can just wipe clean with a damp cloth. When they wear you can see the cloth backing, etc.

I still find it useful to use the saddle soap. Because the actual "leather" is so thin it pays to look after it. On old cars where you can feel it going "papery" and brittle it does soften it up.

But yes, there's only so much that can be done with most car "leather" before it needs a retrim.

Reactions: PDK

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
I was curious. The likes of seats in newer bmws and audis. Are they actually real leather? Or like a manufactured pleather

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
I was curious. The likes of seats in newer bmws and audis. Are they actually real leather? Or like a manufactured pleather
It’s leather but finished with a coating/protectant.
You can buy air brush kits to refinish scratches and touch up bolster wear, that’s the only reason I know of this. I bought a kit from furniture clinic for black dakota BMW leather. Perfect match.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
On the topic of leather it's worth noting that "genuine leather" is the 2nd worst grade available, there are 5 grades I think.

MarkM

RMS Regular

Depends on the car, afaik Dakota no, Merino yes. Most Mercs don’t have real leather and have dynamica micro fibre that looks like suede!

Ghost

RMS Regular
Order 4198 made..raging there's no green bottles..that was going to complete my set and sort my lazer out lol