a-kem automotive

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
The spots on the rubber trim? That just looks like dried in dirt or old rubber. Try wiping it with standard Trim or equivalent.

Edit: sorry, you meant the faded "chrome" trim, didn't you.

A light polish might bring that back. Just might not be much left to polish. If it's faded and worn thin then there is only so much you can do.

So tried the above with some SRP I had laying around didn't seem to make any difference so I'm assuming it's to far gone. I'm fairly sure it's chrome coated plastic at this point so might just them bits wrapped black somewere?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Black or body colour wrap can look nice.

Or buy new ones, might not be too expensive. Worth finding out.

Either way, go down that road and you'll end up doing the whole car. Once some bits are nice and shiny you'll want all of them the same. We've all been there :innocent: 😅

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
In relation to the short triggers for pressure washers, does the snow foam lance go into them too? I'm looking for one with Nilfisk fittings but everywhere seems to be sold out.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
In relation to the short triggers for pressure washers, does the snow foam lance go into them too? I'm looking for one with Nilfisk fittings but everywhere seems to be sold out.
You just need a quick release adapter that replaces the Nilfisk one on your Lance
E3501F57-1FCE-4594-8D16-972CCCF517E4.jpeg
F28956BB-92EC-422B-87CB-1BA13BDE89F1.jpeg

Ordered some clear plastic Dymo label cartridges - will see if they’re durable

26BBC79A-3748-4F38-8A31-7456C01F6DDF.jpeg

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Don't get the hype on the stubbies.

Rather a trigger and lance so i can stand back and not get soaked.

Main benefit for me is a more controlled trigger for hosing down arches and the interchangeable fan for a more direct flow of water on certain areas.

Once I went to the stubby, I've not gone back.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
yes as long as its the push in hose, iam open here at the shop so you could bring the hose over to check.
I'm Ballymoney so not sure when I'd be down that direction. My hose is the push in type for a Nilfisk C110 washer. My snow foam lance came from you about 6 or 7 years ago and is still going strong. Do you still offer postage?

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
What do people use for Ultragloss? I’ve 2 of these
17F40785-9DD7-4391-BCA6-38E1340EC3AE.jpeg

One for Cleanse and one for Articulate. Would it take forever to do a car with a trigger spray or is Ultragloss better applied with a pump sprayer?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Normal label printer tape wouldn't hold up to water and chemicals and cold.

I have a Brother, love it, great toy for cables and boxes and whatnot round the house.

I'm sure there's some version of tape that would work outside though.

You can also get label paper for a normal printer.

Or just print with a perma marker.

I’ve all my bottles labelled with a old Brother label maker and even with using the cheaper tapes, the labels have all held up perfectly for a couple of years so far with no sign of them peeling off any time soon... As they’re generated using heat transfer between the layers of film, they won’t fade unless something gets between the layers. Definitely a very handy thing to have about.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
What do people use for Ultragloss? I’ve 2 of these
View attachment 317890

One for Cleanse and one for Articulate. Would it take forever to do a car with a trigger spray or is Ultragloss better applied with a pump sprayer?

I use a regular spray bottle as I don't think there's a need for a pump sprayer. Doesn't really need much to get it working, 2 or 3 big sprays per panel is plenty.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Cleanse will clean them and remove all dirt, any old dressings, etc.

Ultrasheen is a nice tyre dressing you can use after if you want. There are two, forget what the other one is called. Ultrasheen gives a nice satin finish, the other is glossier. Whatever you prefer :cool: