a-kem automotive

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Pour it into a cup then apply with a brush just.
Will be using way too much that way.

Just get a cheap kitchen sponge from the local supermarket, the cheapest ones in a big pack for next to nothing. A couple of pulls of the trigger on the bottle (or a few drops from the bottles with the wee tab thing in the lid) onto that does pretty much any wheel for me, including the 20" on the P*. Though they are so ultra low profile I'm pretty sure there's actually more rubber on the 15s on the Lotus :innocent:

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Will be using way too much that way.

Just get a cheap kitchen sponge from the local supermarket, the cheapest ones in a big pack for next to nothing. A couple of pulls of the trigger on the bottle (or a few drops from the bottles with the wee tab thing in the lid) onto that does pretty much any wheel for me, including the 20" on the P*. Though they are so ultra low profile I'm pretty sure there's actually more rubber on the 15s on the Lotus :innocent:
This is the advice I followed after years of using a brush. 2 white cars with tyre flick is not a good look. I opted for the Meguiers applicator but any sponge will do the same job really. I do still dab the wheels with kitchen roll before I go to use the car but it's nowhere near as much excess on the tyres now.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Would there be any harm if ultrafoam wasn't rinsed off, and gleam applied straight away, car washed and then rinsed?

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Would there be any harm if ultrafoam wasn't rinsed off, and gleam applied straight away, car washed and then rinsed?
That’s my usual method

articulate
5min wait
Ultrafoam
10min wait

rinse

ultrafoam
Gleam
& wash mitt

rinse

can’t harm having extra lube there. Too much Lube never hurt nobody....

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Can't see why you would use both foam and Gleam at the same time?

Foam is part of the prewash routine - articulate or citraclean; foam on top to let everything sit longer; power hose the lot off.

Gleam is a shampoo. Add to a bucket, wash with a mitt, rinse.

The prewash gets most of the dirt and grime off without touching the car. Making the bucket and mitt stage easier and less abrasive as it just needs to deal with the last of the dirt.

Horses for courses and all that. It won't do any harm mixing everything up. Just seems a bit wasteful and unnecessary.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I fire foam over the car again before I wash with a mitt if anything it just makes it easier not to miss a spot.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
I fire foam over the car again before I wash with a mitt if anything it just makes it easier not to miss a spot.
To be fair, the car looked good afterwards, I just realised during washing that I'd not power washed the foam off. I was rushing FFS

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
To be fair, the car looked good afterwards, I just realised during washing that I'd not power washed the foam off. I was rushing FFS
If there was any issue it would
Have been down to the initial loose dirt not being power washed off rather than mixing stages.
I’m sure it’s 100% though lol.
@Big Pimp small question: when ya jumping on the coloured snow foam hype train lol. I want bright yellow snow 😂 foam just to confuse my neighbours further lol

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Sorry man. I’d probably go with the HC1 1lt trigger sprayer for manual application of it.
Are you thinking of a pressurised sprayer for it though?
I did think that a pressurized sprayer would be the easiest and best method, but maybe the HC1 is the best option - would you recommend sticking to the HC1?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
For purge for use on the wheels all you need is a trigger sprayer.

For Cleanse I got the small 2l pump sprayer. But a trigger sprayer would probably do for that too to be honest.

Main reason for a small pump sprayer is they work the same any which way up, easier to get to all corners and angles. I have trigger sprayers that have wee metal plungers, they work upside down too. Most trigger sprayers don't, don't know if the TK trigger sprayers do.

For anything that needs to cover the whole car, like Articulate or Citraclean, a pressure sprayer is definitely best. The larger ones work great for that.

Last edited:

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
For purge for use on the wheels all you need is a trigger sprayer.

For Cleanse I got the small 2l pump sprayer. But a trigger sprayer would probably do for that too to be honest.

Main reason for a small pump sprayer is they work the same any which way up, easier to get to all corners and angles. I have trigger sprayers that have wee metal plungers, they work upside down too. Most trigger sprayers don't, don't know if the TK trigger sprayers do.

For anything that needs to cover the whole car, like Articulate or Citraclean, a pressure sprayer is definitely best. The larger ones work great for that.
Thanks @svensktoppen. It for using purge on the whole of the car for when I need to unclog the coating and put a fresh coat of QD on. That was the thought behind using a sprayer for speed and handiness.