a-kem automotive

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Got some new shelves for the shed so was sorting out my car cleaning stuff.
My Anachem shrine 😂

3A98B284-A242-4B39-AF7C-FC6FE733C13D.jpeg
35D46924-0A72-48AA-8F22-E321577E860D.jpeg

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Strange one @Big Pimp , do you have anything in your arsenal that would be good and safe to use on saw blades? I’ve got a couple of blades with a build up of tar/sap that could do with a good clean.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Try Lazer first, there isn't much it won't get rid of. Just spray on, work it in with a dish brush, and then hot water.

Or maybe tarminator if that fails.

Either way, wipe the blade with an oily rag after to protect it.

hitandamiss

RMS Regular
Drives
Nothing
Any of the anachem range be good to clean a caravan roof? It's covered in black stains not sure what it is

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Ah I should've mentioned it's a static caravan so it's not a metal roof, not even sure what material it is tbh 😅
done static caravans have thin sheet steel skins I think. Paint obviously.

otherwise it’ll be fibreglass with coloured gel coat like the towing caravans and the campervans.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
What's the latest on the foam cannons Mr A; they still mid way over the ocean lol?

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Can I use Hybrid on freshly painted bodywork? Was going to give the car a quick once over with it last weekend but thought I’d ask first.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's best to leave freshly painted bodywork alone for a couple of weeks at least. Just to let the paint harden properly. Maybe a gentle wash, but ideally just leave it be.

It's worth getting it ceramic coated after a couple of weeks. Just brings it to another level, protects the new paint, and makes it so much easier to keep it clean.

J55NI

RMS Regular
It's best to leave freshly painted bodywork alone for a couple of weeks at least. Just to let the paint harden properly. Maybe a gentle wash, but ideally just leave it be.

It's worth getting it ceramic coated after a couple of weeks. Just brings it to another level, protects the new paint, and makes it so much easier to keep it clean.
Most places say it can be polished and waxed after a week now.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I drove the Scooby from the paiters (AG Automotive) straight to @big_pete for it to be ceramic coated. Both the painter and Pete said it would be fine as the paint had been baked etc. Was done about 5 years ago now and it's still perfect.