a-kem automotive

davyk31

RMS Regular
Wee order just placed for Solapower and a few other items. Ross I put a note in there about the pump for the Gleam if you can thanks

Interesting Sola can be used for household cleaning, we have been using Lazer for jobs in the house including in the steam cleaner for tiles. Would Sola be better for those jobs? Hard to know sometimes which product to use for which job as most of them can do a few jobs.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lazer would make a better job of greasy stuff.

Solapower would make a better job of textiles, carpets, etc.

For everything in between they're both great general purpose cleaners. Lazer would probably be the more aggressive of the two, and Solapower a bit gentler.

I use Lazer round the kitchen basically, and for finger marks on doors, for wiping dining tables, etc. And cleaning bikes and bike parts, engine parts, suspension, etc.

And Solapower for floors, bathroom, upholstery, etc. General cabin cleaning in the car. Seats and carpets. Sills and door shuts. Etc.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
That my boot carpet hoovered then half sprayed down with solapower then sucked out with the wet and dry.
45955317-ABF3-4595-8335-27F2746D1869.jpeg

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I like Solapower and thought it did a great job on a couple of interiors I've done, but did anyone else find it left a film and you had to go over the fabric just once with water only to remove this? I didn't think I used too much product, just a capful, but it's the only thing I could think of why this happened? Again no issue with the product, just wondering why I might have got this.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
What is the dilution ratio for Solapower for cleaning car interiors?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
I like Solapower and thought it did a great job on a couple of interiors I've done, but did anyone else find it left a film and you had to go over the fabric just once with water only to remove this? I didn't think I used too much product, just a capful, but it's the only thing I could think of why this happened? Again no issue with the product, just wondering why I might have got this.
It shouldn’t really leave anything mate. That’s a weird one

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It goes a very long way. You need so little it's actually hard to measure :innocent:

There is a handy measuring thing in the neck of the bottle of you get the 1l Solapower ones.

Similar dilution to Lazer - 1:100 will do for just about anything, 1:50 is the most you'll ever need.

Easiest is to mix up a bigger batch of, say, 5l (50-100ml of product) and then fill the spray bottle from that.

I like Solapower and thought it did a great job on a couple of interiors I've done, but did anyone else find it left a film and you had to go over the fabric just once with water only to remove this?

Haven't seen that, no. Maybe just used too much? You would not believe how little is needed.

Lazer and hot water worked a treat on my mats.

There is nothing that Lazer can't clean 😁😅

ShaunB

RMS Regular
What's the craic with cleaning quite old white pvc with the Anachem range, what works best please.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Doing up a small order here @Big Pimp

The 10 pack of green Microfibres what is the quality like?

I have got grey ones of Autosmart before and there a decent size and quality - similar to these or would that be more your black Microfibre?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp

Leather cleaner coming out soon?
into production tomorrow or Friday, and should be online Monday / Tuesday.

(I need to get @Reno_LV to photograph it, so say mid week to be on the safe side)

I'm actually doing something different with these, which may dictate a direction I go with the spray heads.

@Martyn has said a few times he dislikes the mini trigger, where I find it perfect for a product like Hybrid - a small burst is much better than soaking the panel. When using a product like HydraClean however, it can be tiresome.

In much the same way, I believe using a mini trigger would be counter productive (read taking too long) with the leather cleaner, so I've bought a load of 500ml clear bottles (almost identical to my current ones) but with a larger neck so I can fit regular trigger sprayers and will be trialling them with the Rawhide.

If they are well received, I will be adding them to the HydraClean, and if someone really wants one for Hybrid etc. I'll change to them.
@Big Pimp when will we be able to buy Trim X?
Had a few issues sorting the packs out, but to be honest when I stop faffing around and get them boxed up they're ready for retail.