a-kem automotive

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
This is class.... What am I doing wrong... Feel like I don't quite get the same reaction with cleanse... And my wheels are ceramic coated? Due another order and was debating purge.

Also how long to let articulate dwell?

Another one for a different spray bottle on Hybrid.... I've changed from the small one... Just dripped everywhere on me!
I dilute cleanse 3:1 spray it on the wheels then go round the rest of the car with articulate then snow foam over the top. When I power hose the wheels they come out spotless.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
This is class.... What am I doing wrong... Feel like I don't quite get the same reaction with cleanse... And my wheels are ceramic coated? Due another order and was debating purge.

Also how long to let articulate dwell?

Another one for a different spray bottle on Hybrid.... I've changed from the small one... Just dripped everywhere on me!
I coated my wheels in August with Gtechniq C5 tho think it’s worn off by now.
I spray the wheels in cleanse, rest the car in Articulate tho this time I sprayed the front bumper an anywhere with flies with citraclean. That was let dwell while I setup the power washer and then ultra foamed the whole car and then power hose it off starting with the wheels.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR

You didn't say what you do or in what way you don't think it's working, so hard to say what's wrong :innocent:

Purge is a different product.

Think of Cleanse as a dirt remover. As above, just spray on and then powerhose off. Wheels, tyres, rubber mats, etc. I use it on coated wheels too, even better on those. It will deal with any dirt, including loose brake dust.

I use it neat myself, it takes so little anyway. But a lot of people dilute it up to a third or so.

Purge is a "fallout remover". If you have stubborn baked in brake dust on the wheels then Purge is what you need. I hardly ever need to use it any more, regular use of Cleanse on the coated wheels does the job.

BabyCraig_

RMS Regular
You didn't say what you do or in what way you don't think it's working, so hard to say what's wrong :innocent:

Purge is a different product.

Think of Cleanse as a dirt remover. As above, just spray on and then powerhose off. Wheels, tyres, rubber mats, etc. I use it on coated wheels too, even better on those. It will deal with any dirt, including loose brake dust.

I use it neat myself, it takes so little anyway. But a lot of people dilute it up to a third or so.

Purge is a "fallout remover". If you have stubborn baked in brake dust on the wheels then Purge is what you need. I hardly ever need to use it any more, regular use of Cleanse on the coated wheels does the job.
Haha very true!

I use cleanse neat, spray on and allow to sit for 5 minutes or so then powerhose off.... Just always feel that touchless, it leaves behind a lot of 'scum' on the wheels. Still a great product mind!

Same with articulate, spray on and let dwell for 5 minutes... Im always worried about it drying tho.

I usually wash the car weekly, alternating between contactless and contact as its coated so its never really hugely dirty.

I'll play about with it some more, see what results I can get!

ShaunB

RMS Regular
See I'm of the similar opinion.
Don't get me wrong, its still good, but for me its just not as simple as spray on hose off like others on here have.
I spray it on all 4 alloys undiluted, then foam the car/wheels.
Its left for maybe 7 minutes or so, but weather dependant.
On a hot day definitely less.
The car will be power washed with the wheels hosed mostly last.
On my car the alloys have matt/satin finish, and I always still see some brown brake dust, so I just use the wheel woolie brush at the very end on all alloys to remove whatever is left which to be fair takes very little time.
My wheels were coated too, albeit about 2 years ago, so probably worn off.
If I didn't use cleanse and just used shampoo, it would take considerably longer to clean the wheels.

On my wife's car I do see better results though, most times I don't need to use the brush. This car has a glossy finish on the alloys.

Jamie-g

RMS Regular
I done the same sprayed on and foamed left scum behind. Next time I sprayed and didn’t foam and left them clean. Worth a try

BabyCraig_

RMS Regular
See I'm of the similar opinion.
Don't get me wrong, its still good, but for me its just not as simple as spray on hose off like others on here have.
I spray it on all 4 alloys undiluted, then foam the car/wheels.
Its left for maybe 7 minutes or so, but weather dependant.
On a hot day definitely less.
The car will be power washed with the wheels hosed mostly last.
On my car the alloys have matt/satin finish, and I always still see some brown brake dust, so I just use the wheel woolie brush at the very end on all alloys to remove whatever is left which to be fair takes very little time.
My wheels were coated too, albeit about 2 years ago, so probably worn off.
If I didn't use cleanse and just used shampoo, it would take considerably longer to clean the wheels.

On my wife's car I do see better results though, most times I don't need to use the brush. This car has a glossy finish on the alloys.

Mine are gloss black too.... M5 wheels so you can't not get into the barrels etc.

I just have to cleanse... Rince...foam, then use wheel woollies, brush around nuts and a seperate mit for the faces and around spokes.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
I coated my wheels in August with Gtechniq C5 tho think it’s worn off by now.
I spray the wheels in cleanse, rest the car in Articulate tho this time I sprayed the front bumper an anywhere with flies with citraclean. That was let dwell while I setup the power washer and then ultra foamed the whole car and then power hose it off starting with the wheels.
This is essentially the same method as I use.

my X5 has coated wheels and they come up perfectly every time.

the OZ wheels on my van are at the stage now where I need to manually clean them too as they aren’t as clean as they should be and whilst visually clean on closer inspection there is some residues left behind which a swipe with a finger cleans up so next time I’m washing them they’ll get the full clean

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I usually wash the car weekly, alternating between contactless and contact as its coated so its never really hugely dirty.
To be honest I always follow up with the old sponge and shampoo. There is no such thing as truly "contactless". But the prewashing gets rid of 90% of the dirt, and what's left is so easy to finish off. And no dragging dirt around over the paint, etc.

Don't know about "scum"... Sounds like it's been left to sit too long, especially now with the heat and the sun. Especially on black.

You don't want any cleaning products to dry on, regardless of brand and all the rest of it. Sometimes when it's hot I just do the powerhose and then go over it with a bucket, olschool, lol. Especially on black!

If it does dry on then going over the car with a bucket will get it off no bother at all.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Saw your post on insta @Big Pimp about vinyl spray bottle stickers - please do this 👍🏻
Needs a bit of tweaking but can run these for pretty much anything now
3174A594-2B7E-4701-9329-A77225654C47.jpeg

MarkM

RMS Regular
Haha very true!

I use cleanse neat, spray on and allow to sit for 5 minutes or so then powerhose off.... Just always feel that touchless, it leaves behind a lot of 'scum' on the wheels. Still a great product mind!

Same with articulate, spray on and let dwell for 5 minutes... Im always worried about it drying tho.

I'll play about with it some more, see what results I can get!

Articulate really needs a layer of snow foam on top these days imo, stops it drying and helps it cling to do it’s work.

RevT

RMS Regular
@Big Pimp

When do you think this trim restoration product will be on the website?

Also, what IK sprayer do you recommend for articulate and ultragloss?

I need to put in an order but I need the trim stuff so would like to order it all in the one go if possible.

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Hello @Big Pimp. Please can you recommend which IK Sprayer (TR 1 or HC 1) is best for the following. Looking to order some up.

1. Purge
  2. cleanse
  3. Tarminator
  4. Citraclean
  5. Articulate
  6. Lazer
Thanks

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Used my DI Vessel at the weekend there and it's great. Just parked the van in the garage and left it to dry. Not a water mark in sight and saved me a lot of time.

Thanks again @Big Pimp

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp

When do you think this trim restoration product will be on the website?

Also, what IK sprayer do you recommend for articulate and ultragloss?

I need to put in an order but I need the trim stuff so would like to order it all in the one go if possible.
Hello mate,

I'll try and get them listed live today or tonight as I have everything sitting.

In relation to IK sprayers, do you want a manual trigger spray action or pump sprayer?

The IK TR1 is the trigger spray version and the Multi Pro 2 is the pump up version I'd recommend.
Hello @Big Pimp. Please can you recommend which IK Sprayer (TR 1 or HC 1) is best for the following. Looking to order some up.

1. Purge
  2. cleanse
  3. Tarminator
  4. Citraclean
  5. Articulate
  6. Lazer
Thanks
hi spike.
For Purge I'd use the TR1
Cleanse is the 1.5 ALK
Tarminator is the HC1 (awaiting stock)
CitraClean is Multi Pro 2 or TR1
Articulate is TR1 / Multi Pro 2 / Multi Pro 9 / Multi Pro 12
Lazer - as above
Used my DI Vessel at the weekend there and it's great. Just parked the van in the garage and left it to dry. Not a water mark in sight and saved me a lot of time.

Thanks again @Big Pimp
They're a gift during the better weather. Thanks again man!

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I've ordered the wrong one for citraclean then. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Any progress on the leather cleaner (rawhide)?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
I've ordered the wrong one for citraclean then. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Any progress on the leather cleaner (rawhide)?
any of them will be fine - I've even been trying the foaming one! You got the HC1 version, didn't you? It'll honestly be perfect - its designed for use with hydrocarbons so the citrus degreaser will be no bother to it.

I've also been using my own Anachem sprayers for it too and it's perfect!

Rawhide is due today / tomorrow

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
To be honest, except tarminator I've used the "basic" TK pump sprayer with everything. It's had Cleanse on it for a long time now and that's probably the most aggressive product (bar tarminator and pure acid). No problems at all.

May have been lucky and jinxed it now though :innocent: I know Cleanse mullered a basic garden sprayer in no time, lol.

The "alkaline" sprayers would make sense for Cleanse and Lazer if you want to be on the safe side.

For everything else, a standard sprayer should be fine.

Again, excepting tarminator and pure acid.

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
Drives
Hey Ross, could I get an update on order #4572? Had ordered 3 wheel woolies on the 30th May - just wondering if they've been dispatched yet?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Hey Ross, could I get an update on order #4572? Had ordered 3 wheel woolies on the 30th May - just wondering if they've been dispatched yet?
yes mate, just checked my cameras and they were sitting for dispatch, but someone walked in the next day and lifted them before the courier picked them up.

I have it on CCTV, the guys van registration etc. and I've made contact with who I 'think' it might be and hope that its been an honest mistake (even though your name was on the label) and hope it turns up again.

Failing that I'll drop the video into the police.

I am sending a new replacement set of woolies out to you today so you'll have them tomorrow all being well.

D45E3C58-EB4D-4280-9FFB-C69B40E855E8.jpeg
B7FAC867-38D2-49C9-8736-362A2A9DB13D.jpeg

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
Drives
yes mate, just checked my cameras and they were sitting for dispatch, but someone walked in the next day and lifted them before the courier picked them up.
I have it on CCTV, the guys van registration etc. and I've made contact with who I 'think' it might be and hope that its been an honest mistake (even though your name was on the label) and hope it turns up again.

Failing that I'll drop the video into the police.

I am sending a new replacement set of woolies out to you today so you'll have them tomorrow all being well.

View attachment 325412View attachment 325413

That's wild! Hope you manage to get them off whoever it was that took them.

Thanks for sorting!