a-kem automotive

RevT

RMS Regular
@Big Pimp Ross, could you have a look and see if order number 5185 has been shipped yet? A mate of mine ordered some stuff last week to try out and he’s just mentioned he hasn’t received it yet so I told him I’d ask.

Cheers

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp Ross, could you have a look and see if order number 5185 has been shipped yet? A mate of mine ordered some stuff last week to try out and he’s just mentioned he hasn’t received it yet so I told him I’d ask.

Cheers
Hey buddy. It was shipped on Monday. I can see it’s in their warehouse so I’d expect he’d have it tomorrow

I don’t know what has taken it so long, but I’ll ask

A3F6CCFC-5BDD-4F68-9F24-033E10A1EBEB.png

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Guys, should purge be able to remove baked in brake dust?

I have my Daughters BMW gloss black wheels now that the winter wheels and tyres are swapped over. The idea was to get them properly cleaned.
The brake dust is really ingrained around the spokes, it feels really rough.
Today I cleaned them with cleanse and gleam.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796

I have my Daughters BMW gloss black wheels now that the winter wheels and tyres are swapped over. The idea was to get them properly cleaned.

It might take a couple of goes with purge if they're really baked in. Maybe try alternating between purge and cleanse then purge again.

If that fails I'm sure Ross could advise

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
If it's properly caked on with rough lumps it'll take a lot more than general fallout remover. Might need something a bit more hardcore and acidic like Stonebrite that Ross does?

ShaunB

RMS Regular
If it's properly caked on with rough lumps it'll take a lot more than general fallout remover. Might need something a bit more hardcore and acidic like Stonebrite that Ross does?
I'll try to get a photo, but something is caked on for sure

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I'll try to get a photo, but something is caked on for sure
Stupid question, but are you sure it's brake dust and not just hard dirt, or bubbling paint?

For brake dust try purge first. If it's really bad then it might take a couple of attempts. Use a dish brush to agitate, that helps if it's really baked in.

Failing that it's acid, like stonebright. Be careful with that obviously. If that doesn't help then nothing will.

Cleanse is basically a strong cleaner. It will help remove any loose dirt and brake dust but not anything baked in. For the latter you need purge.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late

Hi Shaun,

Like the others have suggested,Purge is likely the remedy.

You've already taken the first step by using Cleanse to get rid of the general dirt and grime, next it needs something a bit more hard hitting.

Purge will be fine for about 99% of all ingrained brake dust - it may take a second spray on some tough areas.

If that doesn't fix it for you, I have some of the big boy product which will strip caked in brake dust from the very worst wheels. There is nothing which has beaten it yet, but prior to using that, I'd try the safer alternative first.

In an experiment I tried out a few years back, Purge removed the same kind of intense soiling as the UltraBrite does but a lot more safely. Only on properly welded brown crap did the UltraBrite really excel.

Also as @Gareth says, stiff bristled dish brushes and gloss back = swirl central!

Christopher

RMS Regular
Drives
Skyline GTR
hi Ross. just wondering what the usual delivery time frame is as previous orders haven't taken this long

order #5253 - tracking showing as added to system last wedensday but nothing since?

apologies if i'm jumping the gun

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Short post to say that the Ava washer is awesome and puts the Karcher to shame.

Ross is also class.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
If that doesn't fix it for you, I have some of the big boy product which will strip caked in brake dust from the very worst wheels. There is nothing which has beaten it yet, but prior to using that, I'd try the safer alternative first.

Talk to me.

My CRV has had some engrained 'stuff' in them that I've treated with several blasts of fallout remover (Purge, AG Magma and Korrosol) over the years and they don't touch it, to the point where I contemplated a refurb. Wheels have been like this since I've owned the car (about 5 years) and willing to try something else.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
hi Ross. just wondering what the usual delivery time frame is as previous orders haven't taken this long

order #5253 - tracking showing as added to system last wedensday but nothing since?

apologies if i'm jumping the gun
Hi Christopher,

That left on Thursday - let me chase it up for you

Short post to say that the Ava washer is awesome and puts the Karcher to shame.

Ross is also class.

Thank you dude
Talk to me.

My CRV has had some engrained 'stuff' in them that I've treated with several blasts of fallout remover (Purge, AG Magma and Korrosol) over the years and they don't touch it, to the point where I contemplated a refurb. Wheels have been like this since I've owned the car (about 5 years) and willing to try something else.

no borrrr!

I'll take this on as a wee challenge!

e320mark

RMS Regular
So bought this wee beauty from Ross in the Black Friday sale, have been looking for a while to change from the k4 which I love but has cut out on me off & on for a while now!
I contacted Ross about the Ava p40 a while ago, he compared it with the k4 as he had both!
First wash with it this morning & I have to say I think it’s better than the k4, pressure, premium feel of the lance and all this contained in such a small package! I’m really impressed! I had a problem getting it working on Saturday, I messaged Ross & he rang me, you can’t get better customer service than that! Thanks again Ross!!
0167A3D3-EC95-4FE4-A6BA-582A2FC399D9.jpeg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's a brilliant wee machine that, and so handy too 👍 Everything thought out down to stashing cables and hoses and accessories. No kinky hose. And just as efficient using far less water. Just brilliant.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Any word of my washer yet Ross .?
I've been told by Montgomery Distribution that it will be with me tomorrow after my 3rd pallet has been doing a tour of their warehouses

I got the other 2 in time for Black Friday - this one has been on a sabbatical.

Bit the same as the 2 pallets due for delivery by the usually spot on Beatties - 1 arrived last Wednesday, and the other arrived this evening.

Both left England at the same time

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I've been told by Montgomery Distribution that it will be with me tomorrow after my 3rd pallet has been doing a tour of their warehouses

I got the other 2 in time for Black Friday - this one has been on a sabbatical.

Bit the same as the 2 pallets due for delivery by the usually spot on Beatties - 1 arrived last Wednesday, and the other arrived this evening.

Both left England at the same time
Thanks for the update ,be in touch in few days sure .