a-kem automotive

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Will Purge and Tarminator work ok on a wet car. I'm thinking wash the car but if I then dry it I know I won't want to do the purge and re wash stage. If I purge it after the first wash there is more chance of it happening.

I use both when the car is wet

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Will Purge and Tarminator work ok on a wet car. I'm thinking wash the car but if I then dry it I know I won't want to do the purge and re wash stage. If I purge it after the first wash there is more chance of it happening.
Yep, both will be fine on a wet car.
Don’t forget to be careful with Tarminator, especially around plastics

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
Always wanted to know Ross. How durable is hybrid? I don't think I'll leave it long enough to test this out. So was just wondering. Lol. Would it have the same durability as for example c2v3 (different products I know ).

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
All depends on how you define "effective", what other treatments are used, what use the car sees, etc.

For me, I'd do a few hundred miles of English winter motorways a week, a fair few mucky lanes, sitting outside a lot of the time, and with that I reckon it's effective for maybe two weeks. Just back from six hundred miles since Friday, having got the full treatment on Thursday, and she still looks fresh as a daisy.

At a guess in dry summer weather probably three weeks.

Really is a class product (another one!) (y)

Haven't used the other one you mentioned so can't compare though.

Last edited:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I’ve still had beading from Hybrid after 4/5 weeks before, with maybe one wash in the middle where it got ultra gloss but no hybrid.

And I know the beading was from hybrid cause the car doesn’t have any wax/sealant etc on it at all

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Always wanted to know Ross. How durable is hybrid? I don't think I'll leave it long enough to test this out. So was just wondering. Lol. Would it have the same durability as for example c2v3 (different products I know ).
As the other guys have said it’s all relative.

However, I am seeing about 3-4 weeks of decent levels of beading with just washing in between

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
c2v3 durability is months upon months not weeks, you are comparing 2 very different products

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
20190113_121939.jpg

Small bit of bleeding yesterday before i washed the front wheel :p

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
3D9C49DC-EB29-47B3-AF92-C3AD3F3BF2A6.jpeg

Two washes since I last applied hybrid and hydraclean and the results are still outstanding. The snowfoam is struggling to cling on at times. The shine it gives is unreal, I find myself trying to hide to avoid putting my reflection in the paint.
BF6E01DC-97B8-47D0-9260-5C302D9718B3.jpeg

3C13B37E-B2B9-454B-9CDB-5AF1C5303B16.jpeg

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
About to pull the trigger on a wee top up order with the below items.

Any ideas on what to use for some stubborn marks on the chrome trim above my black plastics on the new tiguan I got?

Was thinking of trying a magic eraser on it?

@Big Pimp do you do anything for smell from a kitchen sink? Think there's grease or something on down the line causing a smell

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190114-200719_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190114-200719_Chrome.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 37

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Any ideas on what to use for some stubborn marks on the chrome trim above my black plastics on the new tiguan I got?

Last time round I used Purge on some sad looking chrome mirrors, brought them back nicely. Worth a try if it's mainly oxidisation.

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
Last time round I used Purge on some sad looking chrome mirrors, brought them back nicely. Worth a try if it's mainly oxidisation.

Doesn't seem to be oxidisation or water etching. But I'll give that a try. Comes off if I scratch it with my nail but that doesn't feel right and I wouldnt have a nail to my name by the time it's done haha

davyk31

RMS Regular
I'm finding a problem with wiper juddering. Only ever use Hydraclean on the windscreens. It is pretty bad on one car quite so bad but still evident on another. Does seem to lessen over time perhaps as the product wears off. I redo the screen each time I wash the car weekly. I know some will say the screen is so dry because the product doesn't let a lot of water stay on it but seems to happen even when the screen is pretty wet or a first wipe.

Any thoughts on what's wrong as I love the ease of the product but can't stand the wiper issue.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp do you do anything for smell from a kitchen sink? Think there's grease or something on down the line causing a smell
Hey buddy, thanks for the order.

I supplied @ruairi83 with a drain unblocker for problems he was having and the same product I’ve supplied him will fix your problem too.

However, as I told him, this stuff is dangerous. It’s about 93% sulphuric acid so will wreck chrome fittings, chrome plug hole covers etc. You do not want to splash it on your metal sink either so use a funnel and wedge it into the plug hole.

Also wipe some Vaseline over the fittings just to be double certain

Wear gloves and eye shield too. There is little to no risk of it splashing but you need to be very careful.

You don’t need much - maybe a half a cupful poured in slowly. You’ll hear it hiss, gurgle and maybe even smoke a bit as it gets to work. Put your hand on the u bend under the sink to feel the heat (it works by an exothermic reaction - it’s actually really cool!) but don’t worry - it’s completely safe on plastics etc.
Leave for about 10 mins and then rinse with a few pints of water.

It’s also brilliant down showers and baths as well as the bathroom sink for getting rid of organic waste (hair, skin flakes etc)

If you’re after it add a note onto your order and I will send you a separate request for money and send it all out at the same time!

Also - the marks on the chrome trim. Can you upload a picture as it may be some oxidation or else pitting.

Edit: just read your reply to @svensktoppen
If it’s scraping off with your nail it’s possibly hard water limescale. WhatsApp me a pic or fire it up here and I’ll advise as best as I can

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
I'm finding a problem with wiper juddering. Only ever use Hydraclean on the windscreens. It is pretty bad on one car quite so bad but still evident on another. Does seem to lessen over time perhaps as the product wears off. I redo the screen each time I wash the car weekly. I know some will say the screen is so dry because the product doesn't let a lot of water stay on it but seems to happen even when the screen is pretty wet or a first wipe.

Any thoughts on what's wrong as I love the ease of the product but can't stand the wiper issue.
I don’t have the same issues myself, however, one suggestion would be make sure your windscreen is completely clean and grease free.

The best method I’ve ever been shown is to use some 0000 grade wire wool and soapy water and wash the windscreen with it in overlapping circles!

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan

I supplied @ruairi83 with a drain unblocker for problems he was having and the same product I’ve supplied him will fix your problem too.

However, as I told him, this stuff is dangerous. It’s about 93% sulphuric acid so will wreck chrome fittings, chrome plug hole covers etc. You do not want to splash it on your metal sink either so use a funnel and wedge it into the plug hole.

Wear gloves and eye shield too. There is little to no risk of it splashing but you need to be very careful.

You don’t need much - maybe a half a cupful poured in slowly. You’ll hear it hiss, gurgle and maybe even smoke a bit as it gets to work. Put your hand on the u bend under the sink to feel the heat (it works by an exothermic reaction - it’s actually really cool!) but don’t worry - it’s completely safe on plastics etc.

It’s also brilliant down showers and baths as well as the bathroom sink for getting rid of organic waste (hair, skin flakes etc)

If you’re after it add a note onto your order and I will send you a separate request for money and send it all out at the same time!

Also - the marks on the chrome trim. Can you upload a picture as it may be some oxidation or else pitting.

If it’s scraping off with your nail it’s possibly hard water limescale. WhatsApp me a pic or fire it up here and I’ll advise as best as I can

That'll do I'll get a pic uploaded tomorrow if I get a chance. Btw did i read right that a certain Mr Perry works for anachem now lol?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The best method I’ve ever been shown is to use some 0000 grade wire wool and soapy water and wash the windscreen with it in overlapping circles!

That's a neat trick, will try that next time as my windscreen needs a deep clean (y)

Never had any issues with hydraclean either but someone else described the same problem with juddering. From memory turned out they had applied something else on the windscreen too which shouldn't have been on glass. Might have been Hybrid? And that was the actual cause in the end.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
That'll do I'll get a pic uploaded tomorrow if I get a chance. Btw did i read right that a certain Mr Perry works for anachem now lol?
You’re not gonna tell me you know him, do you?!

He’s trying to grow business in wales using our products!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

What is this stuff Rossi? Might have to try it.

Cookie Munster

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo / Forza
@Big Pimp Could you message me with details for the Food Safe version of Laser, pack size, dilution ratio's and prices. Have got work interested in it for the kitchen but I need info to confirm if I can order it.
Cheers