a-kem automotive

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Just to show how great Purge is, I'll let the pictures do the talking for a set of wheels I recently bought.
Believe it or not this was the wheel after it was first washed and dried. The brake dust was caked on thick.
View attachment 222960

View attachment 222961

Purge then applied and left to dwell for 10 mins
View attachment 222962

Given a really good scrub then power washed off
View attachment 222964

Tarminator then applied to remove tar spots and the old weight sticky pads
View attachment 222965

Finished result
View attachment 222966

I honestly couldn't believe just how well they all come up! I was sure they would remain slightly stained and would need refurbed
Result(y)

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Anachem users - what would you all recommend for someone who's been out of the car cleaning game for about 5 years?

I just got myself a powerwasher that has a snow foam attachment, plus I'll need bottles/towels etc too.

Introductory Offer - Total Cleaning Kit

I assume this is a good starter package, but is there any other "essentials" I should be getting?

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Anachem users - what would you all recommend for someone who's been out of the car cleaning game for about 5 years?

I just got myself a powerwasher that has a snow foam attachment, plus I'll need bottles/towels etc too.

I assume this is a good starter package, but is there any other "essentials" I should be getting?

A few other things I'd add now I've tried them:

Purge
Hybrid
Ultraslick

And a decent wash mitt and drying towel too.

You might also need a proper snow foam lance depending on what type came with your power washer (as it might be crap) to create proper foam.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
A few other things I'd add now I've tried them:

Purge
Hybrid
Ultraslick

And a decent wash mitt and drying towel too.

You might also need a proper snow foam lance depending on what type came with your power washer (as it might be crap) to create proper foam.

Thanks. Yeah the one I have is crap, Cleantec have sent me details of a good one they have.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Little top up and some new products to try.

20190201_180036.jpg

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i

@Big Pimp does bundles of all the most popular products.

I use the following Anachem products and they are all excellent while being sensibly priced.

Articulate
Ultrafoam
Gleam Cherry Cola Shampoo
Ultragloss
Clearview glass cleaner
Terminator
Scent
Ultraslick tyre dressing

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Nice little haul which Ross kindly dropped off to me yesterday! Decided to go for the Introductory Offer as I was getting low on some things. Added Hybrid to see what all the fuss is about and ordered up a 25L drum of Ultra Foam!

Super value!...must get cracking on washing the cars now :grinning:

AA3F0A5E-5F28-4F78-8525-0F2A29EE3606.jpeg

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Got both the other half’s and my own car done today.

Used the following;
Articulate
Ultra Foam
Gleam+ (definite improvement over the previous version - smells fantastic too :heart_eyes:)
Ultra Gloss (on the Mrs’ car only)
Hybrid (first time using it and I love it! Super product)
Clearview (brilliant glass cleaner)
I did slick the tyres but used a different companies product as I don’t have any Anachem Tyre dressing...shame on me!

First time using Gleam+, Hybrid and Clearview - all very impressive!

Couple of photos...

012F4450-B353-4B9C-81CD-24E99A267E25.jpeg

81B1975B-403B-440D-AAE1-80167EBC5F89.jpeg
61E3DDA4-B696-44EA-BA5F-2BE9943CC303.jpeg

Last edited:

davyk31

RMS Regular
Quick question for Ross - does Articulate lift any coating of Ultragloss or Hybrid that I have on the car. Certainly is good at eating through the current salty crud on the car but wondered how potent it is.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Sorry, another shameless plug, lol, this stuff is just awesome :cool:

Before, after another 1500 miles of English winter motorways +o(+o(+o(

P1050287.JPG

P1050284.JPG

P1050289.JPG

Tried Ross' window trick - after applying Articulate I went over the windows with some 0000 steel wool. Worked a treat to get rid of that baked in grime where the wipers never reach. Worked great to get some sparkle back into those chrome mirror covers too. Very easy, just a quick pass over the glass.

Then the usual - Purge on the wheels, snow on top of the lot, Gleam and Ultragloss.

You can see there's still some left of the Hybrid treatment from three weeks ago despite that abuse. "Trim" had held up really well too!

P1050294.JPG

P1050298.JPG

P1050303.JPG

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
And that's just Ultragloss, was too cold to mess about with Hybrid and Trim and all that, lol :innocent:

Did give the windows another dose of Hydraclean though, love that stuff almost as much as Lazer :heart_eyes:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
You like Lazer? Never realised that :joy:

Thanks for sharing. It’s brilliant to see how effective these products are on cars which are properly driven and also great news about the 0000 wire wool. It’s an old school trick but works brilliantly

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
@Big Pimp Cheers for the sample of Stonebrite with my order that arrived today. As previously mentioned it is for cleaning up aluminium tanks on a customers truck, what way/dilution do you use it?

Many Thanks