a-kem automotive

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Apply with a brush or similar, do not spray, wear gloves and all that.

Rinse with plenty of water.

Do not dilute. It's sulphuric acid, mix with water the wrong way and it won't be pretty.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Apply with a brush or similar, do not spray, wear gloves and all that.

Rinse with plenty of water.

Do not dilute. It's sulphuric acid, mix with water the wrong way and it won't be pretty.

Ross recommends diluting it with water ^o)

it is amazing at cleaning up neglected wheels- I love it

also @Big Pimp did you swap couriers yet? Need to get a wee order in :oops:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
No worries, if Ross says it's safe then work away :cool:

Depends how concentrated the acid is to start with (y)

It definitely works on wheels! Purge does the same job for me though and is much safer. Always worth trying Purge first before reaching for the likes of Stonebright.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Quick routine wash on the car tonight. A few weeks of dirt, dust and grime was not issue for the Anachem range.

Pure filth,

20190207_174822.jpg

20190207_175017.jpg

Coated with Articulate, Ultrafoam and wheels Purged,

20190207_175120.jpg

20190207_175254.jpg

20190207_175342.jpg

All hosed down, washed with Gleam and hosed down again then dried.

20190207_175411.jpg

20190207_175555.jpg

There is no beading or protection on the paint as the whole fro t of the car was freshly painted 4 weeks ago and I'm still letting the gases out.

All dried down and left as is. Cant wait until better weather and longer nights so I can start to correct the paint and get it coated,

20190207_175812.jpg

20190207_175715.jpg

20190207_175923.jpg

RevT

RMS Regular
Quick routine wash on the car tonight. A few weeks of dirt, dust and grime was not issue for the Anachem range.

Pure filth,

View attachment 224180
View attachment 224181

Coated with Articulate, Ultrafoam and wheels Purged,

View attachment 224182
View attachment 224183
View attachment 224184

All hosed down, washed with Gleam and hosed down again then dried.

View attachment 224185
View attachment 224186

There is no beading or protection on the paint as the whole fro t of the car was freshly painted 4 weeks ago and I'm still letting the gases out.

All dried down and left as is. Cant wait until better weather and longer nights so I can start to correct the paint and get it coated,

View attachment 224187
View attachment 224188
View attachment 224189

Get that thing raised a tad at the back or down a bit more at the front. (y)

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
What’s everyone using to dress under the arches?

Just Articulate (TFR) and foam for me, then hose off.

If you wanted to get the wheel off and do a deep clean of everything behind there then Lazer and a dishbrush is brilliant for that :cool:

davyk31

RMS Regular
What's the deal with steel wool on glass. Do you do it on wet glass or what's on it? Doesn't it do damage?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
What's the deal with steel wool on glass. Do you do it on wet glass or what's on it? Doesn't it do damage?

First of all use 0000 steel wool. It's a very fine grade used for fine polishing work. Not the course stuff used to remove paint and rust :innocent:

When I tried it I sprayed the whole car with Articulate and then just went over the windows with the wool before applying the foam. As above the TFR acts as a "lubricant". Just a single pass of light polishing, no need to go to town. It does no harm at all to the glass, but removes all the hard baked in dirt around the edges, etc.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Do not dilute. It's sulphuric acid
It’s not sulphuric - it’s actually a blend of a hydroflouric acid (HF) which can be mixed with no worries. Special care needs to be taken with HF though. It’s an extremely potent acid.

As you correctly state though I wouldn’t ever spray it.

@Jamz3k - is recommend the tanks are cleaned of grease and oil / derv first. Then pour onto the wet aluminium and brush with a soft paint brush.

Stand back and rinse off with low pressure water.

@euge07 - I have changed couriers to parcelforce for England and they also offer NI service too. Only for big orders though :p

Awesome results above guys. I’ll hopefully get the work connect cleaned tomorrow as it’s disgustingly bad and I’m embarassed driving it when it’s so dirty!!!

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Does hybrid go onto dry panels?

No idea how you’s boys manage a touch less wash. Maybe I need some fancy coating underneath or something but after articulate and ultra foam yesterday, there was no way I could have left it at that.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR

No idea how you’s boys manage a touch less wash. Maybe I need some fancy coating underneath or something but after articulate and ultra foam yesterday, there was no way I could have left it at that.

Yes, hybrid is applied on the dry car, small section at a time. I use two bits of cloth - spray on sparingly (it goes a long way), use one cloth to spread it over a section, then another (dry) to polish off.

As for "touchless" I think that's just a matter of what you call "clean". I always need to finish with a sponge and a bucket. And I have the ceramic coatings and all the rest of it.

The "touchless" part will get rid of 90% of the dirt and makes the sponge work that much easier.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO

Genuinely touchless here last weekend, had to snowfoam a 2nd time tho as I got interrupted the first time and didn’t get it properly rinsed and left streaks of salty water down it.

1BD2F9F5-B4AB-4693-8933-45D29545528C.jpeg
30D134F1-05BA-4655-92CE-E1AEB8606533.jpeg

I’m sure it isn’t absolutely spotless but for the winter and the fact it was brown again 3hrs later it’s a great job

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
RE SolaPower, should it lather up when agitated or not? Just mixed some up at a bit stronger than 60:1 and when agitated, there was no foaming.

Just used it in the engine bay and finished off with Trim.

20190212_194451.jpg

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
RE SolaPower, should it lather up when agitated or not? Just mixed some up at a bit stronger than 60:1 and when agitated, there was no foaming.

Just used it in the engine bay and finished off with Trim.

View attachment 224911
no @Gareth - as it is an all purpose cleaner, which is also used for carpet cleaning & extraction, it has foam inhibitors in it.

When you spray it it should be a bit suddy, clean & agitate with a detailing / paintbrush etc, rinse and dry and then apply dressing like trim