a-kem automotive

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
You use 1.5 litres of Ultragloss with every wash??

:neutral:
I thought I was as using a lot at about 1ltr of mixed ultragloss a each wash :joy:

don’t feel so bad now lol

@Big Pimp how do you apply Ultragloss with a foam lance? What ratio do you use?
Would be interested in knowing this too, be handy.
Any suggestions for a decent pump sprayer to use with Articulate. Been through the normal cheap options but they don't last any longer than a few months!
Hose lock definitely the best and longest lasting, and a £8 screwfix one but started leaking air and instead of bringing it back I tried to fix it and failed 😂

bought another to try andkept the receipt and will bring it back this time if it fails.
Just imagine it on white wheels then 😂
And this is why I’m not sure about white lol

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
For UltraGloss (and foam) there is a proper scientific method.

You need 10% at the panel not in the detergent bottle. You need to fill your detergent bottle full of plain water. Turn the detergent feed on full then discharge the lance into a container - keep going until the detergent bottle is empty of water. Measure the total amount of water collected. Work out 10% of that - this is the amount of UltraGloss you need to use in your bottle.

unscientific method. About 2 inches in the bottom of a foam lance and spray it that way.

Last edited:

OZRACER

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford
For UltraGloss (and foam) there is a proper scientific method.

You need 10% at the panel not in the detergent bottle. You need to fill your detergent bottle full of plain water. Turn the detergent feed on full then discharge the lance into a container - keep going until the detergent bottle is empty of water. Measure the total amount of water collected. Work out 10% of that - this is the amount of auto-foam you need to use in your bottle.

unscientific method. About 2 inches in the bottom of a foam lance and spray it that way.
Unscientific method it is then.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
@Big Pimp @weeloaney

Here's a proper dirty girl after a couple of weeks of beautiful English countryside in November 😅 🤢 🙈 She's actually cleaned up a bit there in the rain last night...

May need a barrel of neat Stonebright to get all that off!

20191116_143417.jpg

OZRACER

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford
Well you're right, it's not empty after two washes, just ready to be topped up.

But yes, I might be a little too generous, lol.
Now, you are talking about stone bright, I have some of the anachem range, the snow foam, the articulate and ultragloss. Could you tell me the best way to use these products?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
You mean Stonebright? It's a strong acid meant for cleaning paving and stuff. It can be used with great care to clean wheels, but Purge is much safer and will do the same job with no bother.

The comment was only meant in jest, don't use Stonebright on the car!

The rest is easy. Spray on articulate. Purge on the wheels. Foam on top. Powerhose the whole lot off.

Personally I would then go over the car with a bucket and shampoo, and rinse. Gleam is a great shampoo, but whatever floats your boat.

Spray on ultragloss while the car is still wet, you'll see the water running off. Rince immediately with the hose on a soft setting, don't let it dry on.

That's it really.

It's all great stuff. If you really want to go to town you can finish off with Trim for, well, trim (inside and out); ultrashine for the tyres; hydraclean for external glass.

Hybrid is a great quick wax you can just spray on the dry car a small section at a time and wipe off immediately. Leaves a lovely finish. Not needed every wash, just every now and then.

OZRACER

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford
You mean Stonebright? It's a strong acid meant for cleaning paving and stuff. It can be used with great care to clean wheels, but Purge is much safer and will do the same job with no bother.

The comment was only meant in jest, don't use Stonebright on the car!

The rest is easy. Spray on articulate. Purge on the wheels. Foam on top. Powerhose the whole lot off.

Personally I would then go over the car with a bucket and shampoo, and rinse. Gleam is a great shampoo, but whatever floats your boat.

Spray on ultragloss while the car is still wet, you'll see the water running off. Rince immediately with the hose on a soft setting, don't let it dry on.

That's it really.

It's all great stuff. If you really want to go to town you can finish off with Trim for, well, trim (inside and out); ultrashine for the tyres; hydraclean for external glass.

Hybrid is a great quick wax you can just spray on the dry car a small section at a time and wipe off immediately. Leaves a lovely finish. Not needed every wash, just every now and then.
Thank you so much because I thought I needed something else to clean my car. I already have gleam it's green . It's in the shed ,I've maybe used it once.
I'm not great with names of things but colours I know.

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
@Big Pimp is Hybrid an equivalent product to C2V3? Looking to try something different, bearing in mind my cars are coated with Gtechniq Ultra. Appreciate your advise.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
If it helps I'm using Hybrid on my cars and they both have ceramic coatings. Never had any problem.

Never used C2V3 though so can't compare.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp is Hybrid an equivalent product to C2V3? Looking to try something different, bearing in mind my cars are coated with Gtechniq Ultra. Appreciate your advise.
The name hybrid was devised as it combines properties of two of my favourite sealants / QD

C2V3 & Zaino Z8

it works perfectly with ceramic coated cars as well as non coated. It won’t last as long as C2V3 but it’ll give far more gloss and hydrophobic boost too

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Im looking a product for my garage roof which has went green, is there such a product that can be sprayed on and left to dwell without having to powerhose it?
I have stuff from Pro-Kleen called simply spray and walk away.
It removes the green which builds up on my patio and fencing.

RevT

RMS Regular
Ross, one of our dogs was sick on a fabric pouffe the other day. Unfortunately it was while we were at work so could have soaked in for a couple of hours. We have since scrubbed at it a few times with various products but there is still a smell. Can you recommend anything at all? @Big Pimp

ShaunB

RMS Regular
The greeness around the back of my house can get quite bad. I discovered this stuff about two years ago on amazon.
Throught I give it a go based on the reviews.
Its works to my satisfaction, takes the green away from the patio and fence panelling.
It take very little effort to complete the task, but you need try weather for a particular period of time, something like 8 hours of no rain.
For me it takes a couple of days for the stuff to do what it does.

I once tried a product called Patio Magic as I'd run out of the stuff I'm talking about, and it was sh!te to be perfectly honest.