a-kem automotive

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Assume there is no issue spraying Scent over the fabric seats? Will it stain or mark them? I tend to aim for the carpets and mats but don't get much of a long lasting smell to be honest. Don't even notice it next time I get in the car.

none at all. No dyes etc. in them (one of the real benefits of changing to black bottles too lol)

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
bought myself a 5 litre pump sprayer to mix articulate, just wondering what the general mix was without getting to technical, 1 litre articulate 4 off water sound about right?

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
bought myself a 5 litre pump sprayer to mix articulate, just wondering what the general mix was without getting to technical, 1 litre articulate 4 off water sound about right?

I have a 6L pump sprayer and generally would dilute around 80ml in summer time and a higher mix at this time of year (probably about 120ml). 1:4 is definitely too strong. Articulate is a very cost effective product.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, 1:80, not 1:4 ;)

A "five litre" pump sprayer actually holds three litres. So that's about 40ml of articulate. Even at 1:50 is only about 60ml and you definitely don't need any "stronger" than that.

Adding more does no harm as such, it just wastes product and actually turns the solution "syrupy" so it sits on top instead of soaking into the dirt.

Use a cheap kitchen measure from your nearest supermarket.

A little goes a very long way with Ross' stuff!

Last edited:

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Just used Ultraslick for the first time today. I put some on an applicator pad and just rubbed it in. I take it this how most people do it or do you brush it on?

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I use a sponge to apply it. (Actually a shoe polish applicator). I find it needs two coats then the excess removed with a microfibre. Then leave to dry for as long as possible.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, a sponge or applicator or whatever. I use a cheap kitchen sponge from the supermarket. Whatever you have to hand, no need for anything fancy.

If they're bad, especially this time of year, then a second time the next morning can help. But usually just the once over is enough if the car is washed reasonably regularly.

Doesn't take a lot, just enough to cover, and then just let it dry.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
😳 😳 😳 :sob::sob::sob:😳😳😳

P1070947.JPG

P1070953.JPG

😁😁😁:cool::cool::cool:😁😁😁

P1070970.JPG
P1070976.JPG

Thank you Ross for such splendid products! :innocent:😅

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Thanks guys.
I’m having a discussion with one of detailing world’s testers where he is having a problem with UltraSlick not performing well on his particular tyre.
On his other car no issues, on his own Dunlop it’s not sticking.

and strangely I have found that my Michelin’s on the X5 I’m not getting the same duration as I got on the pirellis on the jag

I’ll try the UltraSheen myself the next time. It’s the strangest thing!!!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Funny you should say that... Just used it on another car with Michelin Pilot Sports on and it wasn't sticking as well as on the other cars. It's superb on the R888 on the Lotus, and the Pirelli (and previously Goodyear) on the Audi.

Just thought those Michelins probably haven't seen a good product before and just needed a couple of times to "take". I think that car needs the gloss coating though. I use the satin version on the others so that's all I have at the moment.

That car is heading for Pete tomorrow, will see what he says.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
@Big Pimp Ross, has there been a change to Ultragloss in the last 12 months? Previously, 100ml into a 1 litre sprayer worked great, but I not find I need to go to 150mls to get the same results in a recent bottle I'd bought.

Walder

RMS Regular
Got an hour to myself today.

Articulate

Random brand of alsnow foam I had an old bottle so decided I would get rid of older stuff before another order.

Gleam

I had to tarminator the back of the car after there was a brake pad issue basically burnt loads onto the bumper but it took it all off.

And hit it with hybrid.

Biggest thing is the blue towel it was fantastic I had it from the black Friday sale sucked all the water up. Really impressed by it.

IMG_20200120_170705.jpg

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Got an hour to myself today.

Articulate

Random brand of alsnow foam I had an old bottle so decided I would get rid of older stuff before another order.

Gleam

I had to tarminator the back of the car after there was a brake pad issue basically burnt loads onto the bumper but it took it all off.

And hit it with hybrid.

Biggest thing is the blue towel it was fantastic I had it from the black Friday sale sucked all the water up. Really impressed by it.

View attachment 263192
Bit of a tip for the drying towel, dampen it slightly before starting. Seems to help the process!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
@Big Pimp, had another look at the Michelins today with @big_pete (well, after I had recovered from tripping flat on my nose, and he had recovered from rolling over laughing, lol 😅 😅 😅) and the tyre shine is really absolutely fine.

It's really a perception thing. The other cars have actual sidewalls, lol, and the satin works brilliantly.

This car basically has a painted on sliver of rubber, lol. I think they need the glossier tyre shine to work, whereas on the other cars that would be way OTT.

Nothing to do with the actual tyre or rubber, and certainly not the product!

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Do you supply the pump spray bottles for the use of things like articulate ? Or just hit eBay for something chemical resistant ?

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Do you supply the pump spray bottles for the use of things like articulate ? Or just hit eBay for something chemical resistant ?
Watch your man on youtube '' ammo'' in America but he has the coolest frothy bottle thing ever

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR

Any garden sprayer will do, no need for anything fancy for the likes of Articulate, Ultragloss, Lazer, etc. Get one of the 5 or 7 litre jobs.

I use a couple of Hozelock ones from B&Q, but other brands and sources are available, lol.