AA739C1F-4378-40A5-9363-12626BDA43AD.jpeg

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Saying that we are on this topic, How did the brand name come about @Big Pimp
like @quattro Rick says - when my dad started his company he called it ANACO - short for Annett & Company (even though it was only him at the time)
I always remember he had a vauxhall senator 3.0 24v and the reg plate was A11ACO with a well placed screw between the 11 - think the plate is still in circulation - would love to buy it back if i could find who has it now!

He changed the name as there was an Anaco over in England and we used to get their orders and vice versa, so he changed it to anachem - Annett Chemicals

when i started this on here, i was doing it all under the main anachem brand, and i did consider rebranding when taking the step to move it into a viable business of my own.... sometimes i wish i did, but then ive been working for his company for 20 years now, and have been an integral part of pretty much everything in the business, and with an established history i made it anachem automotive.
I think I meant Kem like chemist or shem lol it all made sense before and now it doesn't lol.
some people do call it ana-shem! its funny to hear sometimes!

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
Hey @Big Pimp buddy..........what is the story with the hand sanitizer? Are you going to be getting online manufacturing that again or are the components juts not available anymore in this version of earth

J

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Hey @Big Pimp buddy..........what is the story with the hand sanitizer? Are you going to be getting online manufacturing that again or are the components juts not available anymore in this version of earth

J

price for the raw material has went through the roof...... however, and this is a big maybe, but I might be getting a couple of hundred 500ml bottles made up. possibly a similar number if 50ml bottles too

however, with so many alcohol gels being hawked around and some I have seen less than the recommend 70% alcohol content, we have been looking into other options.

one is corona wipes, made by the same chemist responsible for Purge, so you know it’s going to work really well.

Corona wipes are impregnated with a system which is both anti-bacterial AND anti-viral. The active system has been tested against a variety of pathogenic organisms and viruses, including viruses from the coronavirus family (COVID-19 belongs to this family).

Corona wipes are packed in sleeves of 100 wipes, 6 sleeves to a carton (total 600 wipes). Each wipe is optimally sized at 240mm x 250mm , using a non-woven polypropylene substrate for maximum product release. The sleeves are particularly useful to field-based personnel who may wish to sanitise and protect on-site.

They wont be the cheapest, and will likely be priced just under £70 per carton of 6, or just over £11 for a pack of 100 wipes meaning each wipe will cost 11pence. Bear in mind however that these aren’t just for wiping hands. They are for wiping down all hard surfaces like worktops, vehicles, and killing the virus

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes the gels are a mine field. Need to be 70/80% to be effective. Plenty of rubbish being hawked around.

Same with wipes, plenty hawked around that are just basic hand wipes and as effective as wiping your hands on a paper towel.

In all honesty, the vast majority of people only need to wash their hands with soap before touching food, etc. Which we all (should...) do anyway so no big deal.

Unless you work where you come into contact with people a lot that's all you need.

There's a lot of hysteria around this, face masks at the supermarket and all the rest.

Just be sensible, no need to go over the top.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
New product launch!

these are so handy, especially for any of you guys with a shorter hose 🤐