a-kem automotive

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
I wonder does how it's applied make a difference.
I use a spray bottle rather than one of those big sprayers, I wonder does the pressure in the spray bottles help bed into the dirt better than the larger ones that produce more of a mist

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
I use this

IMG_3046.JPG

Rather than this

IMG_3047.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Cracked out some of @Big Pimp Lazer this morning for the fridge floor . 1.5L pump sprayer about 200ml ish of Lazer topped up with water.

I would rarely go any stronger than 1:50 (30ml in your 1.5l sprayer) even for greasy car parts and bike chains/gears and whatnot. For light stuff round the kitchen no more than 1:100.

It is absolutely fine even with cold water. Even better if you can rinse with hot water, but absolutely fine even with cold water.

Also never bother with letting it dwell myself. Just spray on, work over with a brush, and then rinse.

Brilliant stuff (y)

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Get the 2nd.

Why? You and Deezer use them and say your not getting the same results as me? If I were you I'd get the spray tyre. There's a good reason the Romanians use them at the car wash, they are rubbish.
IMO They don't apply the product with any real pressure, so it sits on top of the contamination and dwells on it, the spray bottle penetrates into the dirt, thus lifting it from the paint surface.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Why? You and Deezer use them and say your not getting the same results as me? If I were you I'd get the spray tyre. There's a good reason the Romanians use them at the car wash, they are rubbish.
IMO They don't apply the product with any real pressure, so it sits on top of the contamination and dwells on it, the spray bottle penetrates into the dirt, thus lifting it from the paint surface.

I haven't tried my new Screwfix pump sprayer yet. I was using one of these for Articulate

IMG_0372.JPG

Hopefully get a chance to try the screwfix one this weekend. I'm putting my poor results down to an issue with the Exo coating. I've since given the car a proper wash, dry and a coat of C2v3 so hopefully see some improvement. I did the Mini at the same time and it was much better than the golf and it has no protection at the minute.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

I was using the exact same 1 as you, so it's nothing to do with the sprayer sadly.

Ghost

RMS Regular
I use it on the wife's and it's perfect

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I've used the 2 sprayers mentioned too and the second larger type gives me a far better coverage of the car in general as well as the ability to coat the underneath of side skirts, spoilers and things like that a lot easier.

I know what you're trying to say about one penetrating the dirt but the product works fine, if not better for me, when sprayed with the second type and especially when you lather snow foam on top for it to dwell.

If it was down to how much force is applied then it would probably be easier if the instructions said to hold the spray bottle closer to the car etc. But with what's mainly a single jet coming from the first type rather than a fan pattern (at lower pressure) from the second, I honestly don't think you'll look back if you use the latter in terms of surface area covered (y) although it's whatever works best for each person / car :cool:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
That's actually one point which is very important and @g4ost had summed it up really well.

What works for one person may not be the preferred method for another.

It's not actually the pressure of the articulate being applied which does the cleaning but rather the contact time. For that reason a wider fan type spray which gives a larger surface area coverage will allow the chemical to work correctly and penetrate the dirt better, and especially if you can then apply the UltraFoam on top of that, it will give a substantially longer contact time, thus better and easier cleaning

simy

RMS Regular
IMG_20170211_160125835_crop_367x587.jpg
Are those big spray things that people are using any cheaper that these b&q ones?