Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Thanks a lot for those kind words, @bora-gav

That genuinely means a lot.

I hate waiting on things myself, and it’s only but right that I do what I can to try and resolve things like this as quickly as I can.

I’ll be contacting you in the morning again as soon as I hear back from Express

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Has anyone got a photo of tyres dressed with Ultra Sheen? Just wondering if it’s a similar finish to the likes of Auto Finesse Satin.

Have been trying to place an order for the last two days and I keep changing my mind of what to order lol

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Has anyone got a photo of tyres dressed with Ultra Sheen? Just wondering if it’s a similar finish to the likes of Auto Finesse Satin.

Have been trying to place an order for the last two days and I keep changing my mind of what to order lol

76495BFA-E48E-487B-BB1C-D4BBAFD308CD.jpeg

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus

2 coats on these tyres

edit - this is Ultraslick

IMG_20180803_221704.jpg

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's a nice satin finish, not overly glossy "wet look". Lasts well too.

I think he has a glossy version too if you prefer.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
I’ve tried both the Sheen and the Slick, both are great but my preference is the Slick.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Ross I seen your social media post on the new trigger for the Scent, it looks a great job and the slimmer design would be ideal for keeping it in the car if needs be.

On the same topic, what are your thoughts or have you had any feedback on the trigger on Purge? I kept my initial 750ml Purge bottle for applying (I just refill it from a 2.5ltr) but find the trigger quite firm and the dispersal of the actual product doesn’t give the best coverage.

I guess you use this same trigger on other bottles/products and it’s perfect, it’s maybe just less effective with Purge as it’s thicker.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
have any of you guys tried flushing water through the nozzle after use? or have you noticed a 'salty' residue around the nozzle?

I am speaking to the chemist about it at the minute and will raise the issue over the trigger spray heads with him.

I do know however that the spray heads we are using for Purge are industrial ones with nitrile seals etc. to be more resilient and heavy duty compared to normal spray heads.

Also, the composition of Purge will naturally make it more susceptible to clogging and i don't honestly believe any other spray head will offer any other means of that not happening.

Thanks for the feedback though, and I am working on it at the moment!

Ross

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
May be the cause Ross. I certainly haven't flushed the nozzle after use and the nature of the product means I wouldn't be using it on a regular basis. I'll try that soon and let you know.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
have to agree with above purge sprayers dont give a good spray pattern and clog up after first use
i find i have to use alot of product this way to cover a car,

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Didn’t like the trigger on the 750ml bottle of purge either.

Bought one of the other trigger bottles off the site for Purge and it’s far better. A lot more adjustment and has a decent spray pattern.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Didn’t like the trigger on the 750ml bottle of purge either.

Bought one of the other trigger bottles off the site for Purge and it’s far better. A lot more adjustment and has a decent spray pattern.
really? Ill add in one with every bottle of purge in future - thanks for letting me know mate

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Not really a big enough deal to mention it, as I’ve a shed full of bottles and triggers.

Just think the red nozzle/trigger on purge comes out too fast or something. Doesn’t spray well.

The normal trigger bottles on your site seem to work better. For me anyway.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
have to agree with above purge sprayers dont give a good spray pattern and clog up after first use
i find i have to use alot of product this way to cover a car,

I think the amount of product I was using, plus the repetitive strain of triggering, is what made me notice that something wasn’t quite right. Mine hits the car almost bubbly if that makes sense. I’ll send you a video next time I use it Ross. I am by no means complaining by the way :p when I seen you talking about new triggers for the Scent I was curious if anyone else was seeing the same with Purge as me.

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Just ordered 5 lt of Articulate and some tire dressing. Interested to see how this works (y)

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Used Hybrid and Hydraclean for the first time today. Little goes along way for both but my god the Hybrid is easy to use. Leaves a lovely smooth feeling to the bodywork. Can’t wait for rain now to see the glass do it’s thing.

E89BB549-4090-4E9E-AF98-15517CDD032D.jpeg

AE22266B-5FEF-4389-9DDF-57446667B761.jpeg

Car has never been machined or hand polished.