a-kem automotive

davyk31

RMS Regular
Anyone used the top tech foam lance from ECP? Or would recommend any other around the same price.

The lances from Cleantec Omagh are good and not too pricey.

@Big Pimp Hybrid Scent now that would be perfect. Unfortunately I have 2 bottles on the way so will need to get them used up quick.

thefool1983

RMS Regular
@Big Pimp wee quick query.
Ordered this a few months back but only getting round to using...
I take it this is just the wrong label- had ordered ultragloss. It looks the same as the last ultragloss I had and different to the articulate.

I dont think you even do a pink snowfoam?

Cheers
20191201_124040.jpg

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp wee quick query.
Ordered this a few months back but only getting round to using...
I take it this is just the wrong label- had ordered ultragloss. It looks the same as the last ultragloss I had and different to the articulate.

I dont think you even do a pink snowfoam?

CheersView attachment 258156
yep, definitely the wrong label

really sorry about that
Sorry, just made me think of Penny in Big Bang Theory and her Penny Blossoms :joy:

Nice problem to have though :cool:
.... Penny....

1575213090994.png

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Hard to beat the Anachem Articulate, Purge, Ultrafoam, Gleam+ and Ultragloss. This is about 4 weeks worth of dirt.
20191201_141125.jpg

20191201_141133.jpg
20191201_160037.jpg

20191201_160028.jpg

Unfortunately I dont need any of the stuff in the black friday sale at the minute but I'll be sticking in an order tonight for a few other bits and pieces that I'm low on.

Last edited:

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Hard to beat the Anachem Articulate, Purge, Ultrafoam and Ultragloss. This is about 4 weeks worth of dirt.
View attachment 258185
View attachment 258187View attachment 258186
View attachment 258188

Unfortunately I dont need any of the stuff in the black friday sale at the minute but I'll be sticking in an order tonight for a few other bits and pieces that I'm low on.
I really need to change my knackered foam lance, I definitely don’t get those results from a touch less wash lol.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I always need gleam too to get the last of it off. Don't mind at all, the foam + articulate gets 90% of the crud off so really easy to do the last bit by hand.

This "touchless" lark is a hoax I reckon :innocent: 🤫

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Yeah touchless is just for a lazy winter wash to get 90% of the dirt off when you know it’s going to be dirtier when you get to work the next day.

Done my standard wash today, Articulate all over and left to soak while I got the power washer out and setup and the ultrafoam mixed and ready. Another spray all over with articulate as dries in a few places when the car is warmish before going over in ultrafoam, then watch the dirt streak off with the foam.

The gleam and ultra gloss, car needs a serious de-tar tho.

3BB6AA0D-4E71-41FC-9243-BB0DAAE1EEFE.jpeg
0AD774CC-BE5B-44C3-AB61-A9B47AF91BB7.jpeg
ECE63E59-59D1-4555-B67A-C00F5280F714.jpeg
F21F1026-1BFB-4F0A-8BA6-02356F5C266E.jpeg
6F6F7A08-7839-4730-B0CF-162F5D41A5FA.jpeg
803B1B10-14B5-421F-944A-100863E7BEF3.jpeg
20E968E7-1A11-414E-9DB7-363A0BE0FD1B.jpeg
191C0A68-476A-4CED-A3C4-D4457E7864AF.jpeg
A836921E-2E3F-4969-8C42-5868F2C498A7.jpeg
5237428D-722C-41EA-ABCC-0AF2337F9CD7.jpeg
E21C1E3C-80AD-43FB-A79A-509EF6C44141.jpeg

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Yea I've rinsed with ultra gloss dried off then used hybrid gives lovely results. A deep glossy shine.
I dont rinse off articulate just ultra foam over the top of it then powerhose off. Then if I'm doing a Mitt wash more ultra foam again.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Do you rinse off articulate before ultrafoam?
And can you use hybrid on top of ultragloss?
Nope, articulate really eats in a loosens the dirt, the foam over the top allows the articulate to work longer and lifts it away.

ultra gloss does add sign and a water bearing effect, but little pointless if going to use hybrid over the top of it, tho it does help with rinsing and drying the car

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
View attachment 258095
Yep, so you get a free set of cloths as you bought the Clearview and an free UltraMitt as you bought the UltraGlove

UltraPlush is what it says - the thickest most plush drying towel on the market. Has a few hundred more fibres per square inch when compared to other bigger names market leaders from Kiln etc. Is amazing but gets heavy and really hard to wring out.

big yellow is triple layered microfibre. Still really nice and soft, really absorbent and easy to wring our for drying

you’ll not be disappointed with either

I didn’t notice that bit 🤦‍♂️ (#2306)

I took advantage of the decent weather yesterday and washed everything in the yard. Range Rover hadn’t been washed in about 5 months and its driven daily so was no longer silver, and the Jimny was abandoned for a few years, so needed TLC. I absolutely love how easy Articulate makes washing, and I’m sorry I never got a pic of the Jimny after just a power wash with the Articulate dwelling for 10 mins because all of the green and scummy crap came straight off:

CC9D002B-B716-4D59-9FAE-8FA5455A8C7A.jpeg

A0183C12-C44B-4808-B46B-FCDF16A22E3F.jpeg

Last edited:

SlowRider

RMS Regular
We were cleaning at my sisters house over the weekend and the power washer wouldn't fully lift the green off the plastic water spouts. 'A ha' says I, wait until you see this. A quick go over with Lazer and they are all brand new, sparkling white again. Such a versatile product.

Quick questions;
1. Will the new hybrid scent be out in time for Christmas?
2. Does articulate strip wax/polish off the car?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lazer is the answer to everything :innocent: 😅

Obviously anything will eventually wear off any wax.

Articulate should be fine with most waxes. Even "quick waxes" like Hybrid don't seem to suffer anything untoward with Articulate.

A degreaser like Lazer or Tarminator would be different story. But no damage, just rewax after.

Personally I've actually stopped using "proper" wax all together since I came across Hybrid. It's so good and so easy to use there is really no need for anything else.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
I didn’t notice that bit 🤦‍♂️ (#2306)

I took advantage of the decent weather yesterday and washed everything in the yard. Range Rover hadn’t been washed in about 5 months and its driven daily so was no longer silver, and the Jimny was abandoned for a few years, so needed TLC. I absolutely love how easy Articulate makes washing, and I’m sorry I never got a pic of the Jimny after just a power wash with the Articulate dwelling for 10 mins because all of the green and scummy crap came straight off:

View attachment 258313

View attachment 258312
I upped your order to include the free BF things anyway dude
We were cleaning at my sisters house over the weekend and the power washer wouldn't fully lift the green off the plastic water spouts. 'A ha' says I, wait until you see this. A quick go over with Lazer and they are all brand new, sparkling white again. Such a versatile product.

Quick questions;
1. Will the new hybrid scent be out in time for Christmas?
2. Does articulate strip wax/polish off the car?
That’s awesome!!!

so as has been mentioned, articulate is LSP safe so waxed and sealants will be fine with it as long as it’s used as recommended.

like @svensktoppen says, a degreased like lazer or tarminator, or citrus based products will strip waxes.

and hybrid scent will be out as soon as the black bottles arrive!

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
I upped your order to include the free BF things anyway dude

That’s awesome!!!

so as has been mentioned, articulate is LSP safe so waxed and sealants will be fine with it as long as it’s used as recommended.

like @svensktoppen says, a degreased like lazer or tarminator, or citrus based products will strip waxes.

and hybrid scent will be out as soon as the black bottles arrive!
The black bottles better arrive before Christmas! 🤣🤣