a-kem automotive

B6GUE

RMS Regular
Drives
MK1 FRS
Got some Purge the other day to try out after using autosmart's fallout remover for the last few years and have to say yet again Anachem have nailed it :party:

I get that the colour reaction is just a material element but there's no doubt it helps you realise how bad the iron fallout is and how well the product is reacting with it. Another plus point is this stuff is more syrupy so I felt I needed less as it clung to the wheels more compared to more liquidy stuff I previously used.

I had a quick go at my wheels for a quick try and scrubbed the tyres with Purge and all I can say is :scream::heart_eyes: Tyres came up like brand new and removed most of the in ground deposits on the alloys with just a power hose.

At another point I'll take the wheels off and do inside fully, wheel arches and round the car in general, but here's some pics of the results (and also of the car just to show off the work of Hybrid and Ultraslick).

View attachment 270774
View attachment 270777
View attachment 270776
View attachment 270778
View attachment 270779

That Golf looks in great condition 👍

RevT

RMS Regular
Ross, any idea why my parcel status is ‘on hold’? It said it was out for delivery on Wednesday but there was no-one came to the door at all as I was in the house all day.

Order number is 2581.

@Big Pimp

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Ross, any idea why my parcel status is ‘on hold’? It said it was out for delivery on Wednesday but there was no-one came to the door at all as I was in the house all day.

Order number is 2581.

@Big Pimp
I have no idea but I’ll call express in the morning to find out what’s happening with it and let you know

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp - just had a email to say my order is on its way....

Does that mean I am likely to get it today?
no, it's being dispatched today so it'll be monday. Unless you're around downpatrick and can collect it from my unit?

Order number is 2581.

@Big Pimp
Just been on the phone to them. they're using skeleton staff on some runs with drivers having taken off, and apparently the driver couldn't find your place, hadn't got the wit to phone you (I add customers details and phone number onto the shipping label, along with a note which states "any issues please call customer. Item can be left in a safe place" ) so genius decided to take it back to depot with him.

I'm really sorry about this Trevor

RevT

RMS Regular
No issues Ross, are they going to attempt it again soon? Just I’d like it before any sort of complete lockdown on non-food deliveries. One of us will be around the house most days from now on.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
No issues Ross, are they going to attempt it again soon? Just I’d like it before any sort of complete lockdown on non-food deliveries. One of us will be around the house most days from now on.
They have it down as a monday priority delivery.
The girl in their office is quite annoyed at this driver after this.

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
Placed an order there tonight to top up some stuff and also to give trim and sola power a go. I haven’t found anything that works as well as articulate, nothing else seems to come close

Marc C

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 325i Touring
Finally made my first order for some Anachem bits after quite a while of meaning to.

Looking forward to getting them and trying them out, heard a lot of good stuff!

FA03A8C0-59E8-41C1-BB73-74CF0E6E5033.jpeg

E95497C7-4681-4F33-AC3A-6242AEC971CA.jpeg

Deleted member 13907

D
Expecting a wee delivery today - this is turning into a monthly habit 😳
Getting some anti-moss to sort out the driveway and also ordered some hybrid, which I haven’t used before. Other than that, just a top-up of some other bits and pieces.
Have been using this good weather and lack of moving the car to give it a few touchless washes (just using snowfoam) and building up a few coats of naviwax.

e320mark

RMS Regular
Ross, who do you use for delivery? If it’s DPD I have got a text message saying my delivery has been stopped at the depot?

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Random thought, assuming the dilution works.... Could I pop the antimoss into an old foam lance and use that to cover the drive and patio. Particularly if it foams a little, it'll help me keep track of where I've sprayed.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
You would have to use the "scientific" method then to work out dilutions.

I don't know about actual "foaming" - that's not a function of the lance but of the product put through it.

I imagine it would be hard to keep it where you want to though? And not get overspray into areas where maybe you don't want it, like in borders for example?

Might be an idea for covering large areas I guess... Just seems easier to fill a pump sprayer than getting the whole power sprayer and hoses and all that out?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Is the main Anachem site down @Big Pimp?

CFC6B474-9E2B-461B-B026-CA0C29E392A9.jpeg

Was in there looking for that stuff you mentioned the other day, but I can’t get to see anything. Need to order ClearView and a couple of the spray bottles too.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Is the main Anachem site down @Big Pimp?

View attachment 271561

Was in there looking for that stuff you mentioned the other day, but I can’t get to see anything. Need to order ClearView and a couple of the spray bottles too.
Wrong site