IOM TT 2018 News

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Well that's interesting :grinning:
DY06AMKWAAAeCnc.jpg

DY06AMLXUAAyYLR.jpg

Attachments

• 29388704_1757332764288780_5156970880701670886_n.jpg
    29388704_1757332764288780_5156970880701670886_n.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Yep. I read last week MD had parted ways wth Hawk in superbikes but was still running his own MD racing supersport and superstock machines.

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Wonder what his SBK is? He's running the S1000RR stocker

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
It looks like he'll be running a Suzuki in the sbks according to the reports.
McPint is on a Norton this year after parting with HRC after so many years.

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
iom tt was on live last night interviewing all the top riders, MD said he was in the **** regarding the superbike and had nothing yet. he said if he can,t get nothing sorted he would throw slicks on the stocker and take the door handles off. he also looked very slim and said hes been training hard and the lightest weight hes been in years.

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
I wonder is he in the s*** because of what he done on Milwaukee Yamaha ? Maybe not too many factories wanting to get involved with him after he left them in the s***.

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Rutter rides his stocker in the SBK class so it's maybe not an unrealistic prospect under MD,that a win could be had

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
there's no doubt that MDs reputation goes against him but its still hard to see him not getting a bike because if any race team wants to win the blue ribbon TT he's still your best bet.

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
there's no doubt that MDs reputation goes against him but its still hard to see him not getting a bike because if any race team wants to win the blue ribbon TT he's still your best bet.

I'm not so sure. Hutchy, Hickman, Hillier, Harrison are all very capable, the last 3 on that list have learned the course well over the last 3 years and not ruling out McPint, although I don't think the Norton is good enough for a podium yet.
The politics involved at that level could be the stumbling block for MD after the Yamaha fiasco. I still think you'll see him on a gixer for the senior.

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
^It could all go pete tong on the day for the front runners, and with Brookes on the second bike that's a lot of firepower up your tail... But you also have Kneen, Harrison et al on proven machines

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Personaly... I want Lee Johnston to have a stonking TT this year. He's more than capable but had so much sh1t luck and injuries the last 2 years.
Dan Kneen is a good shout as he's a local, also big Connor deserves a good TT.

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
^ I was coming here to post that lol

MD and the BMW will go well hai! If BMW made a supersport he'd tick all the boxes

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
If the Honda passes NW200 scrutiny Id put Johnson top 5, Gary J is always sniffing as are Kneen and Hicky.

Absolute wildcard - James Hillier

We need an RMS fantasy league, will look later!

Jordy

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
They wont see what way he went IMO. And I can't see the partnership lasting long either.

Fantasy league is a good shout.

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
if their relationship lasts after the NW200. both philip neill and micky d are fiesty characters who will rub each other up the wrong way.

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
MD aside, Dean Harrison is going to be a real contender this year along with Hickman. Both (Harrison especially) have that brain out, rostrum or hospital mentality it takes to win round the island these days.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
MD only getting a Superbike from Tyco? He must be running his own superstock S1000RR?
Can't see Seeley and him getting on at the NW200...

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Yeah he's running MD racing machines in SS and Stock.

Fireworks guaranteed!

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Will be exciting spectating!
Heard Guy martin racing at the Tantragee

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.