iPhone connectivity for E53 X5

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Steven

RMS Regular
Drives
Nothing exciting
Picking up a BMW X5 this week. It's a late 04 sport model with Nav, TV etc

Looking to know options for connecting iPhone 4 and 4S...apart from using AUX connection.

I "think" it has Bluetooth, defo has a cradle but I'd like Bluetooth integrated without having to buy a parrot etc

Options / Thoughts?

Steven

RMS Regular
OP
Steven
Drives
Nothing exciting
Turns out I do have Bluetooth but I can't get it into pairing mode! Tried what's in the manual and what I've seen online.

Only thing that happens is the screen says "Activate Phone" when I press the R/T button on the steering wheel!

Anyone had a similar experience? My next thought is to completely disconnect the Bluetooth module for an hour or so and see if that helps

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Normally it's insert key don't turn.
Then press button on Cradle in centre console and hold for 3s.
Turn key to position 1 and continue to hold for another 3.

Should enter pairing mode.

Steven

RMS Regular
OP
Steven
Drives
Nothing exciting
Normally it's insert key don't turn.
Then press button on Cradle in centre console and hold for 3s.
Turn key to position 1 and continue to hold for another 3.

Should enter pairing mode.

Thanks Cooper (btw long time no speak!)

I've completely disconnected the ULF for a while. I'll try again once it's connected. Failing that it's a trip to BMW! Wonder if RAC warranty would cover replacement...guessing not

Steven

RMS Regular
OP
Steven
Drives
Nothing exciting
Removed the eject box to have a snoop and found 2 cables cut... The plot thickens

Steven

RMS Regular
OP
Steven
Drives
Nothing exciting
Sorted... sort of!! £20 cable off eBay and £20 for NavCoder software. Connected laptop to the car was able able to force it into pairing mode, and also add the voice recognition option :grinning:

Just need to get the pairing button on the eject box sorted ie re-join the cut cables

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Anyone else happen to have this NavCoder software? I see Steven hasnt been online since 2014 :worried:.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Found an old thread with a number for Steven so am in talks with him as we speak :grinning:.

Steven

RMS Regular
OP
Steven
Drives
Nothing exciting
Lyons

The link that chunkerz posted is the software that I used, that and an OBD2 USB cable from eBay, any of the links that I e-mailed you would do the job

Steven

RMS Regular
OP
Steven
Drives
Nothing exciting
1) Install the drivers that come with the cable on your laptop
2) Install the Navcoder Software
3) Connect ODB2 cable to X5 and then to your laptop
4) Launch the Navcoder software and select Telephone (can't remember the exact menu option but should be easy to find)
5) Click "Read ID"
6) Click "BT Pairing", your phone should now find the X5 and prompt to enter the 4-digit pin that's on your Navcoder screen

Think that's it! Below is the screen you'll be working from in Navcoder

upload_2016-11-18_9-56-54.png

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Great, thanks. Seems very straightforward!

Knowing my luck the Bluetooth still won't work after all this though :worried:.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Nightmare software, you cannot get it off your pc and if you try to delete it, the auto loader will not let you re-enable it.

mattyc

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
@Lyons did you get your device paired? I take it navcoder is only for X5's with Satnav?

I've been unsuccessful getting any device connected in the Mrs X5. Even with BMW Scanner.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.