Irish Drag Racing Championship R1 - Bishopscourt

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Had a great run against Ross in the M3 - and the M3 is just great, having had a rip in it earlier in the day bringing back the memories!

Think there were some issues with the day at the start so there was a bit of waiting which meant I couldn't hang around for another run, so one and done. Great to do the run too and again thanks to Ben for having us. Great banter had all day. And it was bone dry, fantastic.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Had a great run against Ross in the M3 - and the M3 is just great, having had a rip in it earlier in the day bringing back the memories!

Think there were some issues with the day at the start so there was a bit of waiting which meant I couldn't hang around for another run, so one and done. Great to do the run too and again thanks to Ben for having us. Great banter had all day. And it was bone dry, fantastic.
Thanks dude. As someone who’s piloted his own M3 very well I’m glad you approved.

If truth be told I didn’t think I was going to ever beat the Yaris. Technology has came on so much over the years that even on my best day launching the RWD M3 against a 4wd pocket rocket Yaris was going to be a test of skill and not just burying the throttle.

Also a bit of launch practice would have definitely helped but it’s a bit of fun if nothing else.

Definitely have a bigger respect for the GR than I did before.

Thanks again @56oval

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Only a 13.9. Plenty more in it as I nearly missed the lights and could have launched a fair bit harder.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Well done today @56oval 👏
How did you feel the day went mate?

Any plans to list any times?

56oval

RMS Regular
Well done today @56oval 👏
How did you feel the day went mate?

Any plans to list any times?
I will update everyone during the week but in the meantime. Ill leave you with Neil wilkinson piloting my old car and the only car to ever get the wheels up at Bishopscourt not only in first hear but also second , savage.
FB_IMG_1679873759422.jpg
FB_IMG_1679873754338.jpg
He was an absolute menace and i think eclipsed my personal ever p.b with it. Richard Bradley had his hands full to 1000ft.

Proud of that car.

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
What’s this golf you speak off .?
@Cooper what time did the Yaris do .
It was a southern reg mk5 golf gti. Pretty standard looking from the outside apart from big brakes, lowered on a tasteful set of rims.. bound to be a pic of it somewhere if not footage of the run.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Thanks dude. As someone who’s piloted his own M3 very well I’m glad you approved.

If truth be told I didn’t think I was going to ever beat the Yaris. Technology has came on so much over the years that even on my best day launching the RWD M3 against a 4wd pocket rocket Yaris was going to be a test of skill and not just burying the throttle.

Also a bit of launch practice would have definitely helped but it’s a bit of fun if nothing else.

Definitely have a bigger respect for the GR than I did before.

Thanks again @56oval
fast furious GIF

😂😂😂

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
What. A. Day!

My weekend was action packed with sons birthday, parties everywhere, sorting the house, life, the car, etc... Had to fit camshaft magnets to the S3 as well as new rear drop links, change over the wheels/tyres, wash it, strip it, etc...

Taking my boys to the party on Saturday, I floored it coming onto the Ards carriageway and doooompffff, limp mode :cold_sweat: :cold_sweat: :cold_sweat: :cold_sweat:

Boost control A circuit/open (P004500) and Boost Control A module (P00AF00) hard faults :worried: cleared fine and car drives grand but at this point my mind is racing and I am online looking for boost control solenoids, on whats app with @Tufty, rang ECP and had none in stock and at this stage it was 4pm - chat also online of fault wastegate actuator, frying!

Anyway, party was great :joy: kids had a blast, got home and decided not worth the risk and was going to pull out. Sent Ciaran a message but sadly too late as list had already been made for the Sunday so instead of losing the money, I was going to go for a bit and see how the car would do. Then my hose in my power washer split while the car was covered in pre cleaner so that was the last straw and final sign not to attend on Sunday!

Spoke to my pal about it, expressed my concerns and that I was going anyway so I didn't lose the money then he suggested (maybe alcohol helped :joy:) "take my car?"

His car:

1679906341692.png

991.2 Stage 2 Turbo S with 850bhp and meth 🤯 running 105 ron fuel and on R888 tyres

What an utterly savage, mind blowing, arse clenching machine this is. @G24NTR for once was speechless :joy:

Times:

• 10.188 (102 ron)
  • 10.030 (102 ron)
  • 10.573 (G24NTR passenger, wouldn't launch, 105 ron)
  • 10.302 (G24NTR passenger, launch, 105 ron)
  • 9.91 (semi final - RS6 MRC tuned)
  • 9.81 (final - tuned M5 Comp)
I messed up big time on the final - for some reason I didn't react to the green light on the tree and the M5 got a car length ahead of me before I launched. I was screaming then I started to gain on him and literally the last metres I got half a car length in front for the win - wish I got it on video but my GoPro had died :worried:

Now to concentrate on my S3 and ensure its ready for Kirky next month!

What a day @56oval, thoroughly enjoyable!

Last edited:

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Didn’t realise the car was that spicy. Savage!!

I told him he needs to take it to the next level as the black M5 comp is getting hybrid turbos and supporting mods later this month for 1000bhp or so :joy:

He is away to look at ES Motors for a further tune :joy: (his is currently done by 9excellence)

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
The M5 you were up against in the final is my mother-in-laws neighbour from Bangor :joy: car is a beast, I've never seen something that weighs 2 tons shift so hard. So the 911 must be a proper weapon to have caught and passed to take the victory! Congrats (y)

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Does it matter who crosses the line first? I thought the quickest times won and the clock doesn't start to you set off.

56oval

RMS Regular
Does it matter who crosses the line first? I thought the quickest times won and the clock doesn't start to you set off.
It does indeed matter. Thats drag racing in its purest form. So if you are asleep on the tree and still run quicker than the car beside you but they cross the line first. Your reaction time cost you the win.

56oval

RMS Regular
Super proud of the whole team. Our first ever attempt at timing and officiating a drag racing event together and they all did me so proud.

Yes there are a bunch of tweaks to be made, we are already on it.

The finals should have ran way smoother but its a nightmare trying to find vehicles that have gone home without telling us.

So sadly track time was lost over this period.

@Cooper and @big_pimp thank you so much for making the effort to attend. It was great to see you both make a pass together. More tracktime is needed for you guys, i will make that happen next round.

Thanks to everyone that turned out, we weren't sure wether we were in for a washout at 6am yesterday morning but the weather gods played ball.

From our end, we are already on improving things and look forward to the next round.

Also a HUGE THANK YOU to Ross at Anachem Automotive for sponsoring our team uniform. My guys looked brilliant all in their team kit. Thank you so much for making us look so good 🤗

IMG-20230326-WA0022~2.jpg

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo

In the semi and final yeah but the races before hand were based on time - I was sleeping badly on the final which was weird as my best reaction time was 0.106s

Times:
  1. 0.728
  2. 0.770
  3. 1.812
  4. 0.106
  5. 0.745
Didn't get slips for semi or final but I am sure my reaction in the final was atrocious

In 2018 I beat this 1000bhp GTR over the line even though he had a faster time due to his reaction/bad launch

Coincidentally I was then in the final against the 911 :joy:

Last edited:

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
Super proud of the whole team. Our first ever attempt at timing and officiating a drag racing event together and they all did me so proud.

Yes there are a bunch of tweaks to be made, we are already on it.

The finals should have ran way smoother but its a nightmare trying to find vehicles that have gone home without telling us.

So sadly track time was lost over this period.

@Cooper and @big_pimp thank you so much for making the effort to attend. It was great to see you both make a pass together. More tracktime is needed for you guys, i will make that happen next round.

Thanks to everyone that turned out, we weren't sure wether we were in for a washout at 6am yesterday morning but the weather gods played ball.

From our end, we are already on improving things and look forward to the next round.

Also a HUGE THANK YOU to Ross at Anachem Automotive for sponsoring our team uniform. My guys looked brilliant all in their team kit. Thank you so much for making us look so good 🤗

View attachment 392231
Ben is there different categories aside from Cars and Bikes?

2wd, 4wd, KG per Tonne, Auto, manual etc?