Irish Drag Racing - Sept 11th, Enniskillen

56oval

RMS Regular
Ciaran has a provisional date booked for Bishopscourt. That would be subject to a site pass and permit by us. Im 100% confident we can make that event happen. Although the site needs to be fully prepared for racing as i believe currently you couldnt drive a tank down it 🤣

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Ciaran has a provisional date booked for Bishopscourt. That would be subject to a site pass and permit by us. Im 100% confident we can make that event happen. Although the site needs to be fully prepared for racing as i believe currently you couldnt drive a tank down it 🤣

Happy to lend a hand clearing nearer the time once the dust has settled

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
We put plenty of work parties in when we used to run Drag Day there. We had the place spotless and the track in the best shape it had ever been. I like Bishopscourt, a lot. It just needs a little love.

I was at it quite a few times back in the day and it was as good as it could be.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Subject to a permit approval from us.

I was under the impression Bishopscourt was carded for that date. First ive heard of it tbh

I thought BC too but latest invite on facebook suggests Kirky

G24NTR

RMS Regular
Tight enough squeeze for 1/4mile and run off down the back straight with bypassing the chicane, I foresee pant and track skidmarks 🙈😂

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Tight enough squeeze for 1/4mile and run off down the back straight with bypassing the chicane, I foresee pant and track skidmarks 🙈😂

If starting from the most westerly part of the track, literally from the edge of the tarmac ( ie, off the normal track surface ) the chicane is about 670m away. Obviously you do not need to slow to a stop there, as you can drive around it, so it's a little different than some other venues in that regard. Although to the grass on the chicane if staying straight is almost 800m.
If the tarmac in those unused areas of the track/chicane was fully swept, 800m total would be ok for most stuff.

That said, even Santa Pod has 480m from finish line to their first gate, and slowing from say 150-160mph for that gate takes pretty hard braking. Again needing to come to almost a dead stop to turn/U turn off.
Being able to drive straight on takes off some of that pressure.

56oval

RMS Regular
If starting from the most westerly part of the track, literally from the edge of the tarmac ( ie, off the normal track surface ) the chicane is about 670m away. Obviously you do not need to slow to a stop there, as you can drive around it, so it's a little different than some other venues in that regard. Although to the grass on the chicane if staying straight is almost 800m.
If the tarmac in those unused areas of the track/chicane was fully swept, 800m total would be ok for most stuff.

That said, even Santa Pod has 480m from finish line to their first gate, and slowing from say 150-160mph for that gate takes pretty hard braking. Again needing to come to almost a dead stop to turn/U turn off.
Being able to drive straight on takes off some of that pressure.
Ill be doing a full track inspection in due course but agree wholeheartedly with everyones concerns.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Sure just keep it in Fermanagh!

actual in use airfields have their own complications.
It's pretty straightforward. Although obviously they cannot have the start line right at the far west side as they need space to get cars lined up etc.
1/4 is 402m

kirky680m.jpg