irish penalty points

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

slinky2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta ST
irish penalty points:

who ever told me I couldnt get them was a lying git (well sort of)

I'm now the proud owner of 2 points from the ROI. I got the letter this morn

but they'll only be added to my licence when I get an Irish licence! so there not added to my n.i licence!

good and bad news I suppose!

slinky2000

RMS Regular
OP
slinky2000
Drives
Fiesta ST
I was thinking about getting one so I cen get the three years of points away with it but just drive under my n.i icence, but since theres over a years waitin list to get a test date down here and prob the fact I wouldnt pass it anyway I mighte not bother

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Yep I think the point made before was that you couldn't get points on your NI licence.

Andy

slinky2000

RMS Regular
OP
slinky2000
Drives
Fiesta ST
yea I got an 80 euro fine. you cant get points on your n.i licence but you do on your 'ROI' licence if you ever get one.

Emmy

lol like thats going to happen, surely even if you work down south your ni liscence is legit? thats ok so if im ever speeding on a deserted road and the guards are hiding or i pass a gatso il just get a nice big fine? i could live with that i guess.

slinky2000

RMS Regular
OP
slinky2000
Drives
Fiesta ST
yea pretty much I think. dont know about a gatso, cos I got pulled by the cops.

all the insurance companies down here I've contacted about insurance accept all EU licences as legit, so as ar as I know its okey dokey :grinning:

Arouser

RMS Regular
Drives
B6 A4 TDI130, B5
this happend to my granda, he got a letter saying he was recieving 2 points on his liecense if and when he becomes a residant in the republic!! LOL

Max

RMS Regular
Drives
Gaterpillars
they'll wait until u get ur liscence too, when u get your liscence (whether it be in 20 years time) they'll be added onto ur liscence, best getting the liscence now & gettin rid of them asap instead of letting the build up...

slinky2000

RMS Regular
OP
slinky2000
Drives
Fiesta ST
well its not exactly a rush job as theres over a year wait for a test date in the south!

I think thats the plan get an irish licence get the points on it, let them expire in 3 years while driving under my n.i licence with nout on me :grinning:

hey this could work well if I get pulled up north too then!

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
Sorry for slight hi-jack but does anyone know how long points stay on your licence? Here in n.i. that is.

NIXR2

RMS Regular
Emmy said:
lol like thats going to happen, surely even if you work down south your ni liscence is legit? thats ok so if im ever speeding on a deserted road and the guards are hiding or i pass a gatso il just get a nice big fine? i could live with that i guess.

I wouldn't try it. My brother and his mates have had a few run ins with the Guarda when down South and on one occassion an off duty guard phoned ahead and got them stopped for speeding. They were given the option of 500 euro paid on the spot and a court appearance or a night in jail and a court appearance.

Also about 8-9 years ago there were a number of N.I. boys locked up for a few weeks and their twin cams impounded after an all night diffing session.

Don't be fooled the guards will make ur life hell if they catch you with a NI licence or accent messing or speeding!!!

slinky2000

RMS Regular
OP
slinky2000
Drives
Fiesta ST
I was caught speeding with my n.i licence for speeding, btu I'm sure if I was diffing on a dual carrageway and caught with my n.i licence I'd be behind bars for a few nights too, lol!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.