Cars/ Bikes whatever you got

1/4 mile Drag Racing battles

Professionally timed

1/4 mile time

Reaction time

1/4 Mille speed trap

Print outs per Run

£250 Cash prize for fastest time

Trophies awarded for different categories.

Multi class show and shine

Trophies for different categories

£250 cash prize car of show!

DJ johnny O’Neill live 🔊

Trade village /catering/kids entertainment

To apply for show and shine or Drag Racing drop us a message and our robot will take you through our simple online application.

❗️SHOW AND SHINE / DRAG RACING MUST APPLY ONLINE VIA MESSAGE TO CAR CULTURE IRELAND FACEBOOK PAGE❗

How to apply..

1. Send a message to Car Culture Ireland and Type Hi this will trigger the robot
2. select enter show
3. Select either show and shine or drag racing

Why a need to apply for drag racing?
Well in short as we are capping the entry numbers we would rather have diverse range of competitors as we are very heavily spectator based event I believe diversity is best practice for a fulfilling event rather than a
First come first served policy.
This may split hairs or the generalised rules
But sure when do I ever follow rules 🙈🤷‍♂️

General admission take advantage of online discount tickets here:

Pay on gate

Kids under 12 free

Teens 12-16 £8

Adults £15

Family Pass 2 Adults 2 teens £30

Any questions don’t be afraid to ask
In comments below

I hope my efforts are appealing
Thanks

sauce

RMS Regular
OP
sauce
Drives
tdi golf
Not far away now guys not to late to enter for drag racing message me here or on Car Culture Ireland page lots of interesting stuff entered so far

I will be capping at 100 cars
Currently 160 applied 72 have purchased race pass so get in quick

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
@sauce do you have a list of top end cars in attendance? Trying to persuade my friend with a 911 Turbo S to enter

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
On this Sunday, looking forward to it but there is 40-50% chance of rain so far in the morning - fingers crossed they are wrong!!

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
On this Sunday, looking forward to it but there is 40-50% chance of rain so far in the morning - fingers crossed they are wrong!!
you've got 4wd and treads youll be grand . ill not even get to run if its wet as theres no point on slicks

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Disappointed with the admins behind this. They recently posted the full list of cars, mods etc and the full names of who owns what car. Mentioned it might be worth sensoring the names so not to make things easy for car thrives to find owners on Facebook etc, and they just deleted my posts and blanked that.

Thought that was a valid point, I certainly wouldn't want my car on a public list with my name beside it

56oval

RMS Regular
Disappointed with the admins behind this. They recently posted the full list of cars, mods etc and the full names of who owns what car. Mentioned it might be worth sensoring the names so not to make things easy for car thrives to find owners on Facebook etc, and they just deleted my posts and blanked that.

Thought that was a valid point, I certainly wouldn't want my car on a public list with my name beside it

Its no different from me entering into an msa series in the uk, all names and vehicles are published wether street car or race car. My car along with name has been on plenty of race lists over the years. I have yet to hear of a car competing in drag racing in Ireland being stolen. In fact, i'm sure there's more rally related machinary gone missing over the years. I take your point though.

Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday, i'm heading up Saturday afternoon, i'll be back on the microphone and hopefully you'll all have a blast. It would be great to see people get behind this event, it could set the racers and fans alike up for a brilliant multi round season in 2020, as ever, these events need your support.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Its no different from me entering into an msa series in the uk, all names and vehicles are published wether street car or race car. My car along with name has been on plenty of race lists over the years. I have yet to hear of a car competing in drag racing in Ireland being stolen. In fact, i'm sure there's more rally related machinary gone missing over the years. I take your point though.

Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday, i'm heading up Saturday afternoon, i'll be back on the microphone and hopefully you'll all have a blast. It would be great to see people get behind this event, it could set the racers and fans alike up for a brilliant multi round season in 2020, as ever, these events need your support.

Suppose I'm maybe a little more paranoid after my car being stolen in the past, not worth the risk anymore. I understand this with MSA however, as it's an actual competition, so drivers do matter a little more. Not so much on a RWYB session, so don't really see why posting names is necessary.

Anyway, mines off the road for a respray so can't make it myself. Hope the rest of you all have a good time there, would be a good day out otherwise.

Last edited:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Leaving sprucefield at 0630 if anyone cares to join

Those for the drag racing have to be there at 8am

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt
Have to say I really enjoyed this event and will definitely take part in future events.
Was my first time at any drag event and first time getting to properly launch the car.

Think my 3rd run was my best as it had stopped raining for a bit and I warmed the tyres before starting.
Ran a 13.38s at 106 MPH which I was pretty happy with for the car being standard and the weather.

The car has a good set of built in acceleration timers but I'll take the official timing :p

IMG_3118.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Likewise, fantastic day despite the weather, just made it more interesting.

Best run for me was 11.21s at 124mph

Think overall I finished 4th behind OMA’s Legacy which did 9s, RS6 high 10s and beaten to third by 0.01s by an APR Tuned Golf R with 505bhp

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
Likewise, fantastic day despite the weather, just made it more interesting.

Best run for me was 11.21s at 124mph

Think overall I finished 4th behind OMA’s Legacy which did 9s, RS6 high 10s and beaten to third by 0.01s by an APR Tuned Golf R with 505bhp

be good to see the list of times once its posted . that RS6 was 710bhp according to torquetronics page so was serious bit of kit and you weren't far behind it . I only done two passes and was happy enough 11.4 @121mph with cold tyres and no burnout and lots of wheelspin so know it could have went quicker here but was happy enough at that .

zafturbo

RMS Regular
be good to see the list of times once its posted . that RS6 was 710bhp according to torquetronics page so was serious bit of kit and you weren't far behind it . I only done two passes and was happy enough 11.4 @121mph with cold tyres and no burnout and lots of wheelspin so know it could have went quicker here but was happy enough at that .
Neil what engine are you running in your car .?