Is it likely I was caught speeding

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

avo5021

RMS Regular
Bit late to the party here but I’ll add a bit.

The NIP (Notice of Intended Prosecution) must be ‘issued’ (not received) to the registered keeper (as per V5C) within 14 days.

However it’s normally winging its way through the post within 7 !!

The time the process becomes difficult is when it’s someone else’s name on the V5C or if someone else is driving the car, in this case the LRO is required by law to return the paperwork stating who the driver was at the time of the detection. If you fail or refuse to do this then the fine/court case is coming your way.

Ricky

RMS Regular
OP
R
What!!!!!! So you don’t speed but sometimes you do? 😂😂😂😂
What I meant was that I never intentionally go out of my way to speed, if i have ever been speeding then it has been ever so slightly without the intention of doing so.

Jonesy

RMS Regular
I got caught doing 33 in a 30 and got offered points or a course around 3 years back. £95 off quid for the course
Even had to pay parking on a Sunday for the pleasure in Belfast for fear of being clamped in their car park by a 3rd party

Ricky

RMS Regular
OP
R
I got caught doing 33 in a 30 and got offered points or a course around 3 years back. £95 off quid for the course
Even had to pay parking on a Sunday for the pleasure in Belfast for fear of being clamped in their car park by a 3rd party

I wonder though did your speedo say that your 33 was in and around 37mph?

Jonesy

RMS Regular
I wonder though did your speedo say that your 33 was in and around 37mph?
The letter said 33mph as well
was in eniskillen heading to marble arch caves iirc
@Jonesy was probably to busy on his phone looking for mini bits at the time to notice his speedo...
speaking of mini bits , must get over to see you at some point . Awaiting to get a new loom and cones for it atm

scub

Banned
I believe that rule is applied to all speed enforcement methods. Or so I was told. Was sure myself I’d been scooped but this rule seemed to be in action and I heard nothing

For reference I was told 10% plus 2. Which when you consider to do a genuine 46 in a 40 most dashes will need to read near 49ish. I’ve trued gps speed in a few cars and the car usually reads 3mph over around 40
the 10% is for dashboard inaccuracies. ie 4mph + 2mph leeway.
you've added another bit from somewhere you naughty man.
good luck arguing that logic to the judge! 😃

pablo

RMS Moderator
speedos are a lot better these days you wont be finding +5mph at 46mph in anything modern imo (unless youve messed with wheels). Those little roadside signs that show your speed are usually around 1mph out for me

KevM

RMS Regular
Mine is only over-reading 2 to 3 mph at 70mph, if GPS can be taken as accurate. So at 30, its virtually bang on.

Some good information here, I was a bit nervous a few weeks ago about passing a van and no-one I spoke to, could clarify the whole NPS timescale.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
What I meant was that I never intentionally go out of my way to speed, if i have ever been speeding then it has been ever so slightly without the intention of doing so.

you old fart!

I’ve never in my life heard such winging about such a negligible event.

Ricky

RMS Regular
OP
R
you old fart!

I’ve never in my life heard such winging about such a negligible event.

Hahaha ffs may be “negligible” but when you say “winging” I assume you mean whinging? Get your spelling right. I only asked a simple question, where in my OP am I “winging” about anything? I simply stated what happened and asked a question, that is not me moaning. Don’t comment on my thread if it bothers you that much.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution

Attachments

• 1576750241428.png
    1576750241428.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 70
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.