Is the drivers side the LH or RH side?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AKA STEVIE

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic TypeS CBR6
Is the drivers side considered the left side or right when it comes to parts which have the printing RH on them? It's a UK car.

Cheers

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
I'd take a massive guess and say it's the drivers side for RH :p

AKA STEVIE

RMS Regular
OP
AKA STEVIE
Drives
Civic TypeS CBR6
Cheers got sorted out.

I wasn't sure if you take the left side of the car as if you were standing behind it. Because if you were standing at the front looking back the left would be the right. :laughing:

Smog

RMS Regular
Cheers got sorted out.

I wasn't sure if you take the left side of the car as if you were standing behind it. Because if you were standing at the front looking back the left would be the right. :laughing:

The driver shouldnt be at the front looking in mate lol

dannyfawcett

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3, 1.6 hat
Drivers side is the front left hand side pal. These boys are winding you up.

We drive on the left hand side... So the "drivers side" is the left of the car.

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
no harm to you, but if your not sure which side is the drivers side of a car in the uk market, maybe you should consider redoing your driving test, not so much to learn where it is, but just so wee all know were safe while were driving on the correct side of the road (but hopefully you know that)

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
When you end up with your car upside down in a ditch the LH will then be the RH and the RH will be the LH...so the parts you are ordering may not fit the car anymore regardless of what side they are for :laughing:

Are you female? If so then the opposite of this applies...

left-hand-right-hand.jpg

AKA STEVIE

RMS Regular
OP
AKA STEVIE
Drives
Civic TypeS CBR6
Maybe I should have worded it as “off side” and “near side” but I put it in layman’s terms so I didn’t get duff info back.

I asked the question as I have a Renault Clio front fog light cover which is marked RH and was going to put it on E Bay. I wanted to state it as “drivers side” or “passenger side” so there’s no mistakes when they get the part.

Holding the part in your hand looking at a bumper some may assume it would go on the near side as the part is marked RH but that wouldn’t be right as it would go on the off side.

Basically as dannyfawcett has summed up pretty well.

It’s not as daft as it sounds.

dannyfawcett

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3, 1.6 hat
Maybe I should have worded it as “off side” and “near side” but I put it in layman’s terms so I didn’t get duff info back.

I asked the question as I have a Renault Clio front fog light cover which is marked RH and was going to put it on E Bay. I wanted to state it as “drivers side” or “passenger side” so there’s no mistakes when they get the part.

Holding the part in your hand looking at a bumper some may assume it would go on the near side as the part is marked RH but that wouldn’t be right as it would go on the off side.

Basically as dannyfawcett has summed up pretty well.

It’s not as daft as it sounds.

Lol I was only raking you :p

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
When using left and right, as poxy french car manufactures do, its always taken as sitting in the drivers seat

Its not as stupid a question as you may think, the amount of idiots thats phoned me when I worked in parts asking for left hand parts and then come pick them up and they are the wrong side, simply because they were standing at the front of the car when they ordered parts

And I don't just mean Jo public......

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
the amount of idiots thats phoned me when I worked in parts asking for left hand parts

Like a left handed screw driver.:party:

near side = side nearest the kerb/passenger side
off side = side furthest from kerb/driver side

i wouldnt use RH side or LH side when describing a car part

I'd used driver side or passanger side if i was describing something. Drivers side head light, passanger side indicator, drivers side rear tail light, passanger side rear quarter panel.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.