ISLE OF MAN TT

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Thought that was an Epic TT this year. I actually managed to watch 80% of the races and what I couldn't watch I listened to. TT Live was great.

Great riding by Dunlop, I'd be surprised if he doesn't equal or beat Joeys record next year. I think all else being equal though Hickman is the better rider, he is insanely good on the bigger stuff, Dunlop has the edge on the 600's though.

Really must take a bike over there some year.

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Fantastic weekend. Fully intend to go longer next year, just good craic, good buzz and great racing!

ilovequo

RMS Regular
I’d say top 3 are all very even. Hickman has some top skills but also has more hp and budget to play with. Harrison rides exceptionally well but the Kawasaki wouldn’t be the strongest bike out there. MD excellent all round I thought. The margins are tiny considering race distance and variables in bikes/setups.
Best racing out there imo…

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
What makes someone inherently better on either the bigger or smaller bikes?
I imagine growing up riding a lot of small capacity bikse like MD did would make you more comfortable with the riding style needed to get the best speed out of them compared to someone like Hicky who has much more big bike experience. Plus if you are a bigger guy like Hicky then you won't feel as comfortable on a smaller frame but have the bulk to throw around a bigger bike more than a small rider like Dunlop?

Power delivery and application are also different.

I’d say top 3 are all very even. Hickman has some top skills but also has more hp and budget to play with. Harrison rides exceptionally well but the Kawasaki wouldn’t be the strongest bike out there. MD excellent all round I thought. The margins are tiny considering race distance and variables in bikes/setups.
They certainly are very even, I don't like to say it, but it seems like MDs wins came when competitors bikes were not running as well as they could have. Of course thats not to say that hickman also has an advantage from his BMW when it runs properly. He is very consistent though and has been quite dominant in a lot of the other road races for a few years. Some great footage online of 2019 and 2022 races.

Best racing out there imo…
I agree. I wasn't bored for even a second during the 6 lap race. And love watching the NW200 as being a race there is a lot of switching gird position several times per lap, great to watch.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Hope you get decent weather. I would head there on the bike. But I only get home on Monday night. Hope its a good one though.