Issue after remap

shaughey

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 530D
E60 530D had it remaped a few months ago and was told as soon as i drive off it will come up with gearbox fault so restart and it wont come back.
That happened and cars been good since.
Problem is i has to reset error memory and information memory on it last week for a random restraint system fault i needed to clear.
Now the cars back driving slow and not gettin full 22psi boost. I need to take it a long run to get the gearbox malfunction error to return then restart engine and everything will be good again.
Anyone seen this very odd fault before?

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Doubt it anything to do with the map if it was a few months ago. Like stevie says, it’s developed a fault and needs fixed. Simples

shaughey

RMS Regular
OP
shaughey
Drives
E60 530D
Read the codes there and says boost pressure control deviation. Just cant understand why i only happened when i wiped codes. Im confident in the remap. Seemed excatly the same as the day it was remaped, then fixed itself. Had a look at my turbo actuator and gettin full range with ingitinion on and off. But its over boosting to like 30psi according to inpa and delphi. Not convinced the vanes are sticking. Duno what to check next?

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
no dpf and 140k

With the fault codes you have got its usually down to a blocked DPF and/or cat but guessing if you have removed the DPF the cat has been gutted too.

The turbo actuator but if this has been checked and marked fine

Next thing id check would be the MAP sensor

shaughey

RMS Regular
OP
shaughey
Drives
E60 530D
Was thinkin map might be giving wrong reading. how do i test one tho

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Is there an electric blow off valve on that turbo. We see this regular on the r56 mini, similar code and its 9 times out of 10 the bypass valve or a duff turbo

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Was thinkin map might be giving wrong reading. how do i test one tho

Think INPA can test it but its meant to be not accurate as it will only appear if the MAP sensor is totally knackered rather than giving a slightly dodgy reading.

Theres a program called Test-O that seems to be the one recommended to test the MAP readings.

shaughey

RMS Regular
OP
shaughey
Drives
E60 530D
My bad. I didnt realise i was measuring atompheric pressure + boost. So turns out im gettin 18psi max and not the 23.3 i get when she's running great. Cant understand it.

Manover50

RMS Regular
Drives
JaguarXFR-S
Is there a boost control valve in the circuit to the waste gate valve.... They often give up on some cars after a remap as the extra boost finds weaknesses .. Causes boost spikes which triggers the limits in the ecu.
I'm am curious about how the codes got wiped / reset... Could it have in some way effected the map.

shaughey

RMS Regular
OP
shaughey
Drives
E60 530D
Cars decided its wants to be fast again. No idea why it was doing it but for now all is good again. I wiped the codes on inpa myself. Very weird this happens everytime i do it tho.