Issues after servicing

bikeit

RMS Regular
my regular mechanic has retired and I started using another highly recommended mechanic, I used him for the first time this week he serviced my Kia Sportage 1.7 diesel, but when I picked the car up I noticed straight away the engine was very noisy and the car seemed very sluggish, I contacted him and he picked the car up from my home as he advised not to drive the car, he had the car for two days and said he checked all over the car but he thinks the injectors needed cleaned and the guy who does this for him was booked up till next Tuesday and informed me that all was good with the car and it was ok to drive, I was driving the car yesterday it's still very noisy and at times there is a vibration in the car and when the heater was on there is a strong oily smell inside the car , anyone shed any light what could be up with the car?

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Have you dipped the oil to check there is enough in it? Engine cover or undertray missing? Air filter enclosure not fastened. Could be many things unfortunately. Did he drain the gearbox and overfill the engine? You'll have to let him figure it out and if he's the only one who has touched it, then it's his bag.

bikeit

RMS Regular
OP
bikeit
Checked the oil the reading on the dipstick is good, engine cover and undertray are in place, air filter enclosure is fastened he didn't touch the gearbox oil, as for overfilling the engine oil I don't know,

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Weird one if all the service items seem grand, maybe a loose oil filter? Did he stick fuel in it?

Bit of a tricky situation if something is actually wrong, maybe best not to drive it too much.

redxl77

RMS Regular
What exact jobs were done on the car during the service? Same oil viscosity and spec used?

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Did he change the fuel filter. Maybe air in the fuel system needs bled.

Or maybe he didn’t fill the filter and wrecked the fuel pump running it dry trying to get it to start.

Or could be coincidence although it would seem unlikely.

Pop the air box open too and make sure nothing weird is happening in there.

bikeit

RMS Regular
OP
bikeit
Yea he changed all the usual filters for a service, if he did wreck the fuel pump surely that wouldn't explain the smell inside the car, or would it,

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Is it a burnt oil smell? Maybe Overspill dropped onto manifold when filling maybe and burning off. What kind of noise? Does it rise with revs? Did he use thinner oil than normal?

bikeit

RMS Regular
OP
bikeit
It smells like burnt oil, it's quite strong also when I get out of the car, the car sounds like a tractor and when u have it under pressure like a hill etc there is also a vibration going through the car, didn't drive it today just to be on the safe side. Not sure what oil he used the receipt he give me just states engine oil

bikeit

RMS Regular
OP
bikeit
It does vibrate when idle, but worse when driving and car is under pressure, if it was off a cylinder surely that wouldn't happen when it was serviced, would it?

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I wouldn’t drive it any further due to that noise. Something clearly wrong