It's a Volvo thing

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
They're not pretty it has to be said, lol. But neither are most EV to be honest.

I think it's something to do with the odd proportions. Basically to fit all the batteries without losing cabin space they all end up sitting like a cross-over. The Polestar is actually based on an XC40.

But then they get "designed" to try and hide that and pretend they're saloons. Narrow window lines, low waist lines, etc.

Except there's no room for a boot in an actual saloon shape, having all those batteries underneath, so they end up as hatches.

So it's all a bit of a mess.

It's not just the Polestar, the others do the same.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
🤪
81C48083-6AA6-4C77-88B1-987061D42D1A.jpeg
DDD3ACB4-5D44-41F2-A4C0-43F36F4756A9.jpeg
6B656A33-D388-4E11-8AAC-3BF2DF17A84E.jpeg

K55

RMS Regular
What is the consensus on the 1.6D? Might be looking a new daily soon and seen a few C30's with it.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
By Jove are these cars even better in horizontal winter rain and +1 degrees, lol! Just so incredibly ..... nice 😁

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
What is the consensus on the 1.6D? Might be looking a new daily soon and seen a few C30's with it.
Mate had a V50 with the 1.6D was great until about 120k then dpf started to arse about, think turbo and head started to go at about 150k

Reactions: K55

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just the right time too, easily the best winter car in the world :cool: Enjoy!

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
Probably just the batteries for the fobs?
Nope, wish it was that easy - tried replacing the batteries - no joy. i then had the remotes tested by Mr Magic (auto spark type guy in Finaghy) who said they are sending out the right signal so must be the car is not receiving it. i have tried all sorts to getting the fobs working again. Checked Vida Dice and nothing is throwing a fault, and i even replaced the RRX (radio receiver module) and still no joy. Im at a loss, and any suggestions at all are welcome

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i

Utter crap. no power, no mpg, horrible sounding piece of ****. Even removing the oil filter is a pain in the **** when servicing.

I absolutely hate my V50. It really is a Jack of no trades.... if I was being generous I'd say it does shuffle well down country roads.

Reactions: K55