It's Snowing

Bryan

RMS Regular
Couple of badly damaged cars sitting on the A26 Lisnevevagh rd with police tape round them just now, temp is still rising, showing 3.9’C here

I had to go up to Bushmills earlier and there was a Kuga and Lexus IS220 ditched along the A26. Also spotted some kind of a Seat in a ditch between Dromara and the dual carriageway. Roads were terrible up round Ballymena.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I blame my incident on a very small amount of powder snow, 1/2" I'd say, if it had of been 6" of snow I'd have had a chance to steer..............

or if I'd gone slower down the hill!

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
It was slippy enough out and about today. I went down the lane to the road in my Tipo with winters on it and was having a bit of craic pulling a few shapes with the wand. Grip was ok but could be overcome easily. Was in the garage a short time later and I could hear an engine revving. It was an openreach van stuck on the lane with a few of the neighbours pushing it up. Oops.
Went out in the freelander on all seasons and over the windy gap. 2 cars stuck on the dromara side and a 1 series stuck on the leitrim side. We just drove up it, no drama. 👍
Was hoping for a nice view of the mournes with their snow caps on. Just got a 50ft view of sleet. Ugh.
20201231_135217.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
lol, I could think of nothing worse than going up the windy gap on a day like that. I couldn’t cope with the stress of having to deal with other road users. Different story if you had the road to yourself!

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Winters are magic I was driving on pure compacted snow yesterday and it just felt like greasy tarmac. Wouldn't push my luck still.

Jamie-g

RMS Regular
I had to go up to Bushmills earlier and there was a Kuga and Lexus IS220 ditched along the A26. Also spotted some kind of a Seat in a ditch between Dromara and the dual carriageway. Roads were terrible up round Ballymena.
The 2 cars on the A26 have been there since before Christmas. Don’t know what’s going on with them.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Well, the one on the Dromara side was already reversing down so we just drove past him, another had already given up seeing the other bloke had failed. Was hilariously easy getting up tbh. The 1 series bloke was a plank, there was a guy in a 4x4 shovelling grit out for him just below the summit and once he got sorted, he stopped to ask us if there were any more hills on that road as his sat nax had taken him that way. :joy: I just told him to take it easy on the way down as there was little grip for braking. We didn't go back that way so not sure if he ended up in a ball of flames at the bottom or not. 8-(

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I haven't been in the Mournes for nearly 8 years and even longer since I was up Donard need to get up in the summer some time.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Got caught out badly today. We were heading through Drumlough at about 11 earlier and the road appeared grand, just damp. But the back end stepped out a couple of times going down the hill. It’s a busy road and not 1 that I’d ever thought would be hairy in conditions like that. Made for a stressful journey home this evening!

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
Got caught out badly today. We were heading through Drumlough at about 11 earlier and the road appeared grand, just damp. But the back end stepped out a couple of times going down the hill. It’s a busy road and not 1 that I’d ever thought would be hairy in conditions like that. Made for a stressful journey home this evening!
Winters on?

brendy

RMS Regular
Anyone out not collecting essentials from their local shop need to look at themselves.
The rules on going out currently are there in black and white.

RevT

RMS Regular
Anyone out not collecting essentials from their local shop need to look at themselves.
The rules on going out currently are there in black and white.

🤦🏻🤦🏻😂😂