It's Snowing

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
yes but they're hardly the alps.
last time I was at the top of slieve donard I'd a wrangler jacket on & a full carryout 😆
I was dressed similar last time I was up. It's a bit of a run from Limavady to Newcastle now would have been down far more often when I lived in Bangor. Also need to get away from the wife she wouldn't want to walk up Donard.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
BBC reckon more tonight in some places... (forecast below is Lisburn)

1609926564812.png

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
There’s a front moving in from the north west. We could do well from it but the further south and east you are the less chance you have. Of course Northern Ireland bring Northern Ireland it could piss rain or we could all be snowed in or anything else in between 🤷‍♂️

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
Met office have a yellow weather warning for snow and ice. Midnight until 09:00

EDA58C09-B1EA-40B6-A8A3-4F9BA989CE58.png

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
I notice this a lot (BBC and Metoffice giving slightly different forecasts) but generally I find the BBC one is almost always right, at least for where I live.
Funny I switched the other way for the same reason :joy:

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
None of the wee automated symbol forecasts are great your better watching a presenter in front of a map or read the text forecast.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I was in Montreal in Jan 1998 when they had a huge ice storm caused by freezing rain. It was crazy, they put train locomotives in the streets to power apartment buildings because 4 out of 5 power lines that carried electricity onto the island were brought down by the weight of ice on the lines.

RevT

RMS Regular
Just stuck the wheelie bin out and it’s definitely bitter cold, expecting white stuff in the morning.