itv teletext page 184

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

vza

the motoring page.currently reviewing the c2 vts

"few rivals...except...sporty but ancient mg zr"
im sorry but id hardly call a car released in what,2000;ancient!

""citroen has tuned the exhaust note so it sounds sporty 3without being loud"
oh dear

"sporty theme...inside...aluminium gear knob...drilled pedals"
lets be honest,the average buyer of this car is going to change things tosuit anyway,but even still i would hardly call these noteworthy items

"promises all the thrills of a sports car without the bills"
imsorry but a hot hatch is NOT real sports car!

it seems a decent enough car but the reviewer quite clearly never drove it!group 8insurance ain't too bad tjo forthe vts,but its thelooks that let itdown for me

Calibra

my sister was gonna buy one about a month ago when she sold her luminous yellow car..........

she said no the c2 was no where near fast enough to spend the money on.........

so she bought a civic..............typeR

vza

OP
vza
nice 1.at group eight though you cant expect much,and with what looks like the aerodynamic designs of a new ulsterbus it just gets worse

Calibra

i agree

but they are cute little cars...............
seen a lovely one in silver..... looked class....
there was also a red one @ lisburn cruise

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
vza said:
the motoring page.currently reviewing the c2 vts

"few rivals...except...sporty but ancient mg zr"
im sorry but id hardly call a car released in what,2000;ancient!

ZR is based on the Rover 25... which was 'based' on the 200.... which began production so long ago.. i can't even remember. It is one of the oldest if not 'thee' oldest car on uk roads pretty much.

calibra said:
my sister was gonna buy one about a month ago when she sold her luminous yellow car..........

she said no the c2 was no where near fast enough to spend the money on.........

I dunno how... the VTS wasn't out a month ago?

I dunno about this car... i'd love a drive in it. in theory it should be pretty decent.... 106 GTI and Saxo VTS had the same power, and were (and still are!) superb handling hot hatchs... Then you look at this new one and it has grp 8 insurance!! (think if you could get a 106 GTI with group 8 insurance... what a bargain).

Problem is i dunno if this is really comparable to a 106 GTI... its a bit heavier for starters... and is it as sharp?

vza

OP
vza
good idea!seems kinda cheap tho compared to what ive already done tho... lol

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
vza said:
good idea!seems kinda cheap tho compared to what ive already done tho... lol

lol, yeah right enough, the grand vitara will run rings around it.. :?: :p :lol:

Calibra

i dont think so but i think she drove a demo car they had

whatever way you think of it for half of that 12k u could have a second hand high powered car and pay the insurace (if u had the 12k to spend)

its a small car for a huge price.......

Calibra

Calibra said:
i dont think the vts was out but i think she drove a demo car they had

whatever way you think of it for half of that 12k u could have a second hand high powered car and pay the insurace (if u had the 12k to spend)

its a small car for a huge price.......

vza

OP
vza
no as in price wise,the vitara was 14k,ya know,lol
that said for 12k you could get a basic pt cruiser

well,i could have a high powered car if someone would insure meon it

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
vza said:
well,i could have a high powered car if someone would insure meon it

welcome to the eternal dilemma mate!! everyones in the same boat i'm afraid! one of the joys of living here :worried:. 25 will be along in no time though 8)

vza

OP
vza
true and so will england,unless rent/house prices are too high,its high insurance or high costof living :worried:
that said i was looking at quotes,if i was 25 with 1 yearsnoclaims and had the car garaged the cost of insuring a 25k 350z (with only the nicer wheels) it would be 5 grand fully comp!

vza

OP
vza
its just that im paying around the 3k mark for a 1.3 ka tpft!and the 350z is a 3.5 v6 monster!

Bryan

RMS Regular
Mate, I think you need to get your priorities in order. You need to think about your future, and like you said, the cost of living. I should know - I've lived with my girlfriend for over a year now and it's tough going. I'd love to get a newer more powerful car than the 306 but there's always something else that needs the money (bills etc..).

Some time, in the future, I'll have a fancy car - right now so long as I can go from a to b and live happily I'm sorted.

Fuzz

RMS Regular
Drives
STI Type UK
book figures for the vts are 8.3 to 60 and 126 top

not really much quicker than the gt which has been tested at 8.6 and 121

the gt will only set you back around £9000 new and is group 6 insurance. Doubt the vts will cost £12000 over here though as it wont come with the free insurance that it comes with in the rest of the uk

vza

OP
vza
going from a to b is one thing,but when youre travelling around the car needs a bit of space and the ka just cant give me that,hence the tests in the bora and the pt cruiser,obviously i'd love to own a nice rwd for a bit of drifting action but the running costs would be too high for me

Bryan

RMS Regular
running costs would be too high for me

At least you're not totally clueless.

Why a new car? My 306 would happily drive round England without missing a beat and it's a '95 TD...

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
Fuzz said:
book figures for the vts are 8.3 to 60 and 126 top

not really much quicker than the gt which has been tested at 8.6 and 121

the gt will only set you back around £9000 new and is group 6 insurance. Doubt the vts will cost £12000 over here though as it wont come with the free insurance that it comes with in the rest of the uk

problem is though, the GT was only a limited fun of 400 was it not?

vza

OP
vza
im testing new 1's to get a feel for the drive,although the bora was a useditem because i hate diesels,just dont get on with them.even an old civic would be big enough,just something in that sort of a size,you know?

Fuzz

RMS Regular
Drives
STI Type UK
2500 made for the uk but 250 kept by citroen for rallying

the birds almost certain on buyin one this week, we're goin out on a test drive 2mo

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.