Jag S type r

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Have had the pleasure of the 4.2 295bhp model without the supercharger, the J gate auto box is fantastic.

Was about to trade my ZT in for a fantastic blue one with the sport kit it when the day before trade blew the engine.

Basicially this.

image1_400.jpg

FECK! :worried:

Still considering one next year. Dont waste your time on anything less than the facelifts and avoid the 4.0 engines, blocks split all over the show.

stevensteven

RMS Regular
OP
stevensteven
Drives
fto gr... .x4 h
cheers colin,seen couple on ebay but would need to see them up close but they where only in england.

MTKelly

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 5
Not in the same class but I loved my 3.0 S Type and it never gave me any trouble other than a bust aircon pipe.

LGIM0019.jpg

LGIM0021.jpg

Ge0rge

Banned
i have an s type jag not an R tho lol in the classifieds if your interested, im easy to deal with and il take a trade in :p

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Rear leg room is good, it was designed for the US market and they complained they couldnt get 3 twenty two stone people in the year. LOL, apparently thats the acceptable seating size requirements now!

Jaguar_S-Type_front_20090128.jpg

Black or dark blue is 100% the colour for them imo.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
My ex colleague at Jag has one. Insane performance. He converted it to LPG last year as we moved office and his journey doubled. It might be for sale. Its 2002 and black. He couldn't get any interest at 5 grand last year, so converted it to LPG

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I really love these, such a car for the money and very subtle about it!

PacMan

Banned
Drives
Impreza
Rear leg room is good, it was designed for the US market and they complained they couldnt get 3 twenty two stone people in the year. LOL, apparently thats the acceptable seating size requirements now!

Jaguar_S-Type_front_20090128.jpg

Black or dark blue is 100% the colour for them imo.

I'd actually drive that. We used to have an S-Type that came into our place regularly to have work done. I took it for its MOT, and it was a nice smooth drive. Can't remember what engine was in it, think it was a V6 though ?

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Toilet seat gril ruins them for me, although I appreciate it's meant to be a throwback to the MK1.

PacMan

Banned
Drives
Impreza
I agree @Artoir but that black one looks alright, i think with some colour coding or something the front end could look alright. There is/was one for sale in the classifies here for handy money. I think it was described as truly mint or something along the lines, so i immediately discount any cars with sellers saying that as we all know its complete bollocks so God only know what else they are talking rubbish they are talking about the car. Same story with an e46 coupe for sale on here; another "truly mint and immaculate" car. With nearly 100k on it, hmmm yeah ok :relieved: I'm actually in the market for an 'interesting' automatic car, might extend my search to an S-Type to see if there are any nice looking ones. Although i'd been looking at older stuff, could me tempted by a big Jag at handy money! :p

EDIT: Something like this would be perfect, i think it looks great. :grinning:

My dad has one. Hard to fault.
599522_109031542575662_1692293099_n.jpg

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
They are incredible VFM. You can pick up a V8 now for just over £1k. Interiors leave a lot to be desired though, Ford just dumped all of their plastic fantastic into the S type it seems.

PacMan

Banned
Drives
Impreza
Aye sure i'm used to driving Japanese cars, interiors aren't a high priority for me lol :p

Looking on eBay now to see whats about :grinning:

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Ah I'm the same, still, a big waft boat like that needs some walnut and stitched leather :p

PacMan

Banned
Drives
Impreza

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Electrical gremlins galore :worried:

Interior is perfect though :p

You can get Chinese clones of the Jag diagnostic software for a pittance now if you could take a laptop with you for a viewing. Quare trek mind for something that might be a nightmare.

PacMan

Banned
Drives
Impreza
Aye it would be an outright punt on that car but if it was cheap enough, could be worth it. I've bought plenty of cars blind over ebay and been lucky enough with the majority of them so don't mind taking a chance on a cheap car.

I'd take it up to my old workplace and get the machine put on it to see what the craic is, but TBH i'd probably try find something over here. They seem to be ten a penny on ebay! You get some motor for the money alright, really tmpted by one thanks to this thread, wish i hadn't opened it! :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.