Jaguar F type ?

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Anyone know much about them ? My father was leaving his car over for a service and one was on the lift and now he has the horn for one. Probably just a idea but ya wouldn know with him. I see different engine options etc some NA some supercharge etc.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Anyone know much about them ? My father was leaving his car over for a service and one was on the lift and now he has the horn for one. Probably just a idea but ya wouldn know with him. I see different engine options etc some NA some supercharge etc.

Is he thinking of getting rid of the classic he has?

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
Is he thinking of getting rid of the classic he has?

Nop. it Was leaving the 911 over for a service that he seen this thing. It’s likely just a senior moment but thought I best be able to advise anyway If he starts chasing.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I remember seeing two when they first come out but don’t think I’ve ever seen one on the road in the last few years. They must have been a bit of flop?

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
No F-Type is NA

It was launched with V8 supercharged and V6 supercharged

At launch the V8S was RWD and had I think 495PS. In later model years the V8 became the V8 R and had more power and AWD (became 550PS but had a 510PS version as well)

V6 has two power levels 340 and 380PS. All RWD including the rare manual option (don’t buy a manual!)

Then we also launched the 4 cylinder turbo

There is also the SVR which is 575PS

My choice would be AWD V8R and I’ve driven them all - SVR is great but I would struggle to justify the premium

Any specific questions and I should be able to help

Last edited:

RevT

RMS Regular
I’ve seen plenty on the road and I actually really like them. I love all the new Jag stuff to be honest.

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
No F-Type is NA

It was launched with V8 supercharged and V6 supercharged

At launch the V8S was RWD and had I think 495PS. In later model years the V8 became the V8 R and had more power and AWD (became 550PS but had a 510PS version as well)

V6 has two power levels 340 and 380PS. All RWD including the rare manual option (don’t buy a manual!)

Then we also launched the 4 cylinder turbo

There is also the SVR which is 575PS

My choice would be AWD V8R and I’ve driven them all - SVR is great but I would struggle to justify the premium

Any specific questions and I should be able to help

Only went on what he said, which could be questionable at best of times lol. The manual a bad job ? I imagine it won’t be reasonably new if he did go for it.

Last edited:

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Only went on what he said, which could be questionable at best of times lol. The manual a bad job ? I imagine it won’t be reasonably new if he did go for it.

Personally I don’t like the way they drive - the auto is much better

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Has a good look around a v6 supercharged one at the weekend, lovely looking thing, beautiful interior and it sounded great too

scub

Banned
there's a couple round my neck of the woods. both twin centre exhausts which I always thought was the 6 cyl.?
glorious to look at & a sound to match.
I'd have 1 in a heartbeat if I'd somebody else's wallet!

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
there's a couple round my neck of the woods. both twin centre exhausts which I always thought was the 6 cyl.?
glorious to look at & a sound to match.
I'd have 1 in a heartbeat if I'd somebody else's wallet!

Yeah you’re right

Single square type exhaust is 4 cylinder

Centre twin V6

Quad pipes (twin on left and right) is V8

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
my dads mate his a white one, fella in his 70s, he started off with the saloon type a few years back and it just seemed like anytime he had a car he came out with a newer version! lol
he had a red f type, and now has a white one, class looking and sounding cars. my dad loves a run out in it. his is v6 380ps version, thats where my knowledge stops though!

chopaholic

RMS Regular
Drives
JZ S15 / X5
They must do crazy deals on them, 4 of them in various versions have popped up in my work car park. One a very impressive deep blue colour.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
i'm a fan of them also, but i think they need the fixed wing rear spoiler. The rear without it doesnt look right imo.
What's more important to us poor automotive development engineers was the fact that it worked right. It was never seen as a crowd pleaser when we were designing the car, but a half-decent compromise between form, fit and function. It's hard, designing a car, even harder to take a nice image from paper and make it please everyone when it's finally handed over to the production hall! We could have made a "perfect" car, but it wouldn't have hit the £55k price point. Budget and Timing are major constraints when producing cars, so we have to compromise on certain points ( remember the pig-ugly front lights on the 2008 XF ? ).

What I'm trying to say Craig, on behalf of the F-Type sports car office is ....... RASSSSSSSSSP!

P S your badly-painted garden wall doesn't look right! 🤣

Gambit

RMS Regular
What's more important to us poor automotive development engineers was the fact that it worked right. It was never seen as a crowd pleaser when we were designing the car, but a half-decent compromise between form, fit and function. It's hard, designing a car, even harder to take a nice image from paper and make it please everyone when it's finally handed over to the production hall! We could have made a "perfect" car, but it wouldn't have hit the £55k price point. Budget and Timing are major constraints when producing cars, so we have to compromise on certain points ( remember the pig-ugly front lights on the 2008 XF ? ).

What I'm trying to say Craig, on behalf of the F-Type sports car office is ....... RASSSSSSSSSP!

P S your badly-painted garden wall doesn't look right! 🤣

Leave my wall out of it🤣

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
Half price

8B997C53-3080-4B8B-AB82-FD5C4983621D.jpeg

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
I’d love one in french racing blue, I think they are a beautiful shape

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
They always catch my eye when I pass one. A beautiful looking car.

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
He’s still mentioning this and curious about depreciation. I’m telling him chances are it will depreciate fairly bad but I could be wrong.
Any other opinions ? He has found a 3.0 2014 car with 24k mile, which wouldn go up a big pile in his ownership
I’m also telling him to go drive one or at least get in one as it may put him right off.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The V8S is the best sounding car from factory on the planet, period. And that includes Ferraris and all the rest. It's immense.

It has no boot to speak of, though the rear shelf can allegedly fit a set of golf clubs if that matters. No idea how though, there really is very little space. And of course no rear seats at all.

Personally I think the V8S is the sweet spot, and rwd suits the car.

Beyond that things just get a bit nuts in the real world.

The V6 is a lovely real world car too, and relatively cheap. More a GT type car though.

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
It won’t be driven fast/hard so that 3.0 be about right. We shall see if he gets curious enough to actually go look at one. I’ve just been asked what I think of the idea and I know nothing about anything modern, or outside of older jap to be more honest. So any info I can get is good to advise him