Jaguar XF 3.0 D S

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

genman

G
Picked this up last month when I traded in Pablo's new Turbo X

115691083400.jpg

115691090400.jpg

115691092400.jpg

Goes well for a big bus...60 in around 6s ,275hp and 440ft lbs but you can tell were corners have been cut during design and build.

genman

OP
G
thanks...haven't got the hang of this forum setup.

genman

OP
G
Its bigger than the Saab was by a foot in length but gladly no wider.
Electric hand brake is odd and takes some getting used to, Auto box is standard but its a sweet box with nice paddles.
Compared to the Saab I'd say the main items are more hi-tech in the Saab...especially the TCS / DSC..the Jag system just slams on a brake to control things whereas the Saab was a lot smoother and went mostly un-noticed.
Can't decide which car I really prefer............Saabs do get under your skin and for me have lots of nice touches.

genman

OP
G
Thats the beauty of the Turbo X...its a bit of a stealth car...most think its a modded diesel right up to the point you disappear...for a big motor it can hustle rightly on B roads and with that engine you can just hold 3rd or 4th gear and focus on the road...no-one but Saab owners suspects them to have close to 300hp.

genman

OP
G
reg..no...belonged to the dealer...haven't had a chance to get any of my own photos taken

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Thats the beauty of the Turbo X...its a bit of a stealth car...most think its a modded diesel right

Whats wrong with a modded diesel? :p XF looks real well dude, you should get a plate like that, really suits it. I guess these are a good bit different to the saab

sduk

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
really like that, big comfy powerful motor. Something about the jag badge too! Just have to hope nothing goes wrong with it, can't imagine repair bills to be too cheap :grinning:

genman

OP
G
Whats wrong with a modded diesel? :p XF looks real well dude, you should get a plate like that, really suits it. I guess these are a good bit different to the saab
Nowt wrong with a modded diesel Saab but the XF punch off the line does surprise some would be traffic light racers.
Plate wise for the XF .. Its not really my thing to change such things but did suit the dealer plate.

genman

OP
G
check out @saxo_man 's XF he just sold he made it absolutely stunning looking with a few choice upgrades.
Pretty much the same spec as mine bar the DAB radio , Blind spot system and low mileage.
Apart from the cooled seats and rear camera the Jag doesn't really have anything you can't get on much cheaper cars and many of them are just as well built but it was always a car that was on my watch list and once they came into my price range 2nd hand I was hooked the minute I drove one...effortless pace and whisper quiet regardless of the speed.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Great motor! All the best with it!

I've a spare 2013 rear diffuser and valance sitting here that's yours for cheap money. It makes a BIG difference to the 2010 crappy black plastic one fitted on yours. Mine was the same as yours but I bought two of them so I've a spare. Retails at £160+ from Jaguar, I want £60 for both parts.

Drop me a PM if interested.

Get your rear windows tinted too :grinning:

Tuning box helps too but I've already sold mine on.

I've also a genuine new 2013 'S' badge - I had two but only used one. £21 from eBay, £10 if you want it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.